The Student Room Group

Dominos driver didn't say a single word when handing me my two pizzas. Complain?

Also he phoned me early and I had to wait at the door while he was parking then handing me the pizzas. I said thanks, he said nothing. Is this acceptable behaviour?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't complain about that... I guess ideally he should make some friendly comment, but it's hardly worthy of a complaint.
Maybe he had a bad day. Wouldn't read too much into it.
If you ordered online then you can do the survey. If the delivery driver isn't nice and friendly like I am then he gets a low rating from me :biggrin:
Yeah, who wouldn't be ecstatic delivering a pizza on minimum wage which you can't even eat, at 1am in the morning.

OP, don't take it to heart. Put yourself in his shoes.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's really not that deep...yes he should have said something but at the same time it's just one of them things you can let slide..if they continue then yeah maybe if you feel compelled to complain then make a complaint.
So you want to be one of those annoying customers who make min wage workers life a living hell. Leave the guy alone.
Reply 7
Probably Lithuanian
Reply 8
No. His job was to deliver the pizza to you. He did it.
Reply 9
If he at least smiled back, would that be sufficient OP? Or does he really need to say something?
I would say that, people are allowed bad days, and you should take into consideration how bad the experience was, and how bad his day could have been, before making that decision.
Original post by WoodyMKC
If you ordered online then you can do the survey. If the delivery driver isn't nice and friendly like I am then he gets a low rating from me :biggrin:

Yeah that's how I was going to report it. Just report it as "okay" and put the comment there.

Original post by Kyou
Yeah, who wouldn't be ecstatic delivering a pizza on minimum wage which you can't even eat as 1am in the morning.

OP, don't take it to heart. Put yourself in his shoes.

I've worked nights for a banking call centre before working 6pm-1am while at school (although on £12 per hr not MW). So I kinda did put myself in his shoes. The customer service was non-existent. Also he makes a pound or 2 more than MW from what I heard (not to mention tips) and the quicker he goes the more he makes. I took 2000+ calls a month and if I ignored a customer I'd be warned about it. Putting myself in his shoes is exactly why I'm being such a nitpicker. Paying over £20 for pizza you'd usually expect better. Ah well I'll leave it anyways.
Original post by LeftWingMoron
Also he phoned me early and I had to wait at the door while he was parking then handing me the pizzas. I said thanks, he said nothing. Is this acceptable behaviour?

Unacceptable behaviour. Phone the store.
Original post by WoodyMKC

Aw that's kind of harsh, why would you do that to the poor guy?

His job is to deliver you the pizza not make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

The dude did his job correctly, give him the decency of a good rating. :/
Original post by Bill_Gates

Too lenient. Life imprisonment or even death by firing squad would be fitting.

Scum of this earth.
Original post by LeftWingMoron

Who are you, freaking Mister Burns?
Reply 16
Original post by Ya Dunno

The dude did his job correctly, give him the decency of a good rating. :/

Unless he was really terrible at the delivery, then I'm inclined to agree :/
what did you want him to say smh "sorry master"
Reply 18
Original post by BruvYeah
Probably Lithuanian

Don't be a d*ck.
Original post by Bill_Gates

I read that in Lemongrabs voice for some reason

Quick Reply