The Student Room Group

Where can I find good resources for History?

For GCSE's I found it very easy to find a variety of revision sources but for A-level it's really hard, especially since my favourite form of revision is videos and I can't find any for my History A-level course.

History: AQA
Breadth Study (1C The Tudors: England, 1485 - 1603)
Depth Study (2K International Relations and Global Conflict, c. 1890 - 1941)
(I find the depth study very difficult)

If anyone knows someone I could contact in order to create History revision sources, that would be great
Thanks x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey I did History for A levels and then my degree, so I could help. I'd say invest in books from ur time era, especially for the second topic (international relations and global conflict), as there are many useful general books on that time-frame. one book that my sister bought for me on that period that i found useful, was J.M. Robert's book on world history
Reply 2
Original post by MJlover
Hey I did History for A levels and then my degree, so I could help. I'd say invest in books from ur time era, especially for the second topic (international relations and global conflict), as there are many useful general books on that time-frame. one book that my sister bought for me on that period that i found useful, was J.M. Robert's book on world history

Thank you very much! Have you got any other things that you could recommend that I do?
Reply 3
Original post by Em4
Thank you very much! Have you got any other things that you could recommend that I do?

have u got any unis that ur applying/thinking of applying to? ask them for their history reading lists, first year and if they have any core textbooks that you could buy
Reply 4
Original post by MJlover
have u got any unis that ur applying/thinking of applying to? ask them for their history reading lists, first year and if they have any core textbooks that you could buy

I haven't thought about what unis I want to go to yet. I think I want to study joint honours of History and English but i'm unsure where as I've only just started Yr12
Reply 5
Original post by Em4
I haven't thought about what unis I want to go to yet. I think I want to study joint honours of History and English but i'm unsure where as I've only just started Yr12

could you ask your teachers for an extra reading list?
Reply 6
Original post by MJlover
could you ask your teachers for an extra reading list?

Yeah, probably, i'll discuss it with them
Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending