The Student Room Group

Are you the same on TSR as IRL?

Scroll to see replies

Largely. Although I articulate myself better on here.
In real life I am not as nice as I am on here. I don't talk to anyone and I don't do anything.
Reply 42
Original post by Awesome Genius
TSR is a great place. For me, its a place where I can say things that I probably can't get away with saying "IRL" without getting a slap, fist or bullet wound.

Contrary to what some of you think, I do not tell girls that I think they're all gold-diggers IRL. Im actually reasonably charming. Also, I'm not as elitist, as pretentious, as insulting or as narcissistic.

These are all things I want to be and are probably a truer reflection of my character, but IRL, people can hit you. On TSR, they can't.

How about you?

Im exactly the same
Online, I'm a full-time dank memer. Definitely not the case in real life.
Pretty much, I'm definitely a bit more adventurous with my humour as there are some things IRL that you can't joke about without being labelled a scumbag, but on the whole that's the only real difference. I'd also actually say I'm more argumentative IRL, I'm stubborn and won't back down if I think I'm right about something IRL, whereas online I often read something and begin to reply and tell them why I think they're wrong and I just end up thinking "You know what, I don't care enough that I can be arsed to take the time to write a reply" :lol:
No, I'm taller IRL
Pretty much. I am a bit more chatty online, though. Offline I am really shy, unless I know someone well enough to be comfortable around them.
Pretty much the same irl, maybe a little bit more grumpy :teehee: My reasoning is that I have to deal with a lot of silly people at work, so usually I just walk grumpy all day and swear a lot if someone peeps me off :mmm:
Probs
Original post by CoolCavy
yeah i'm similar in rl life i just don't talk as much in rl life :h:

In real life life? :smile:
I'm totally different. :3 I'm a lot quieter in real life and prefer textual communication to speaking to people in real life. There's so much opportunity to take your time with an argument and refine it when you have the benefit of being able to edit something and perfect it before it's sent, as a whole, to the person you're communicating it too (although even then I make typos and little mistakes that I then furiously correct :frown:).

I suppose I sound a lot more patient on here as well. I would normally get bored very quickly if I had to listen to half the stuff I read on here and would probably be dismissive of a lot of people whom I talk to on this website in real life.
(edited 8 years ago)
i'm a top memer irl too
Original post by Awesome Genius
TSR is a great place. For me, its a place where I can say things that I probably can't get away with saying "IRL" without getting a slap, fist or bullet wound.

You wait until Christmas, Junior.
I owe you 4105 slaps.
Original post by SrAwesomeGenius
You wait until Christmas, Junior.
I owe you 4105 slaps.

I think you should take away his pocket money :wink:
Yup, Alex is exactly the same as Alexion :h:

Complete with dem good looks, ninja skillz and ignorance of politics...
I'm way more talkative in real life but generally I'm more or less the same? Idk, even though I can use this site for anonymity reasons, I don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
No
I dont get girls IRL :sad:
And way more talkitive here

You don't get girls on here either though
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
You don't get girls on here either though

:colonhash: i do
On the sly init:wink:

Only kidding dont get anyone on both :frown:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
No
I dont get girls IRL :sad:
And way more talkitive here

I just haven't found anyone I want to talk with in real life.
Original post by william walker
I just haven't found anyone I want to talk with in real life.

Dont give up man
You can do it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest