The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
Hi,

I'm currently a first year Optometry student and although I enjoy my course I had realised too late that medicine is the course I really wanted to go into. By then it was too late and I ended up with ABC in my A Levels with an A in psychology, B in Chemistry and a C in biology. I'm seriously considering doing graduate medicine after Optometry, however, a lot can change in 4 years time so obviously right now nothing is for definite. I just wanted to know if my crappy A Levels would get in the way of my chances IF I do come to apply providing I do very well in my degree?

Thank you!
Hey guys. Just got rejected from KCL. something along the lines of "you meet the criteria but it's competitive etc". I'm not surprised as I knew my UKCAT was too low but just to help you guys out knowing they are emailing. I got 680 in my UKCAT :smile: I also have a 1st in biomed an Msc (from kcl too!) and an MRes (decided not to pursue the PhD after the MRes due to applying to medicine so finished a year and got the MRes). Just 3 more to hear back from now!
Just got a email from kings that i am rejected :frown: Got 697.5 in ukcat. As kings is all baseed on ukcat if you got less than this it doesnt look too good.
I reckon over 720ish you should be ok.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nickname_esco
Just got a email from kings that i am rejected :frown: Got 697.5 in ukcat. As kings is all baseed on ukcat if you got less than this it doesnt look too good.
I reckon over 720ish you should be ok.

Sorry to hear this, good luck with your other choices
Reply 3324
Original post by III-AMIR-III
Did anyone else get a message from Kings asking to fill in a fee status form? I can feel a rejection coming soon, I got 707.5 in my UKCAT

Ooo, no?! What is this form? Are you a UK student? Ah dont count your chickens and all that 707.5 is a good score!
Did you get an email or an update on the myApplication thing? I have a update but it won't let me login!
Reply 3326
I got changed from open to W (wolfson). It took me a while to understand where the change was. I am at a loss too to what it means.
Original post by spasi7
yes, i made an open application and my status changed to L too. but what does that mean? does cambridge consider open applications first separately, and if passed, they assign you to a college? or it means that the college will check now my application?
Gahh, today and tomorrow are going to go buy very slowly. I really hate KCL trickling out their rejections :/
Hi everyone,
I just got a rejection from Kings too - looks like they are starting to let everyone know. At least they haven't made us wait too long!
Waiting to hear from Barts, Southampton and Warwick.
Original post by wciselko
it is making me nervous... KCL rejecting one after another. Do they email or can you see it on track/portal?

Email to say your application has been updated on the portal and there's a message on there. Then track is updated (mine was a few hours later).
Original post by 1234A1234
Did you get an email or an update on the myApplication thing? I have a update but it won't let me login!

Both. You need to login. If it's a rejection your track would update shortly too.
Original post by chloeanne123
Hi everyone,
I just got a rejection from Kings too - looks like they are starting to let everyone know. At least they haven't made us wait too long!
Waiting to hear from Barts, Southampton and Warwick.

Damn :frown: I agree on the waiting time too! What was your UKCAT? It seems people under 700 so far got rejected. I got 680.
I'm feeling a bit sick. I got 717.5 which is probably not good enough for Kings. I wish they would reject everyone at once.
If I haven't received an interview call, does it mean that my application is unsuccessful and I cannot expect an interview invite from Birmingham anymore?
I'm an international applicant so is it possible that I might receive the invite later than you guys?

Dealing with a lot of anxiety over here
My UKCAT was 690, so very similar. I agree, I think they have a high UKCAT cut off so mine was probably too low. My plan is to take the GAMSAT next year if I am unsuccessful with 2016 entry.
Good luck everyone and try not to feel too nervous or anxious. It's a tough game out there!
Original post by RexyB
I'm feeling a bit sick. I got 717.5 which is probably not good enough for Kings. I wish they would reject everyone at once.

Ohh good luck! Let us know what they decide?!
I think I'm so uncomfortable because I want kings above others.
Original post by RexyB
I think I'm so uncomfortable because I want kings above others.

King's is my first choice too. Ideally I can stay in London for medical school and save on accommodation and living costs!
Reply 3338
Hi,

It means that Lucy is going to be considering your application. The College considers the application, not the University. So if you make an open application it will be assigned to one of the Colleges and they will then consider it.

:smile:
Reply 3339
Original post by cuw
Hi,

It means that Lucy is going to be considering your application. The College considers the application, not the University. So if you make an open application it will be assigned to one of the Colleges and they will then consider it.

:smile:

sorry, this was meant to be an answer to Spasi7's post, I am new and haven't worked out how to post properly...!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending