The Student Room Group

Are you the same on TSR as IRL?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toonervoustotalk
Dont give up man
You can do it :smile:

I never give up. I just wait.
Original post by bluemadhatter
I dont know this weird thing happened. When I first went on TSR, I felt like my "online" persona was much different to how I was in real life but slowly by slowly, I BECAME the "online" persona in real life. So now I can say that yeah I am pretty much the same person online and offline which I wouldnt have been able to say a year ago.

Internet has taken over my entire life O.O

I think this has happened to me in general a bit. The internet you and the real life you morph toegther and create some kind of hybrid.

Internet made me realize that actually there are people that are a lot like me. People that are scared fo stupid things, people who share similar political views, people who have similar hobbies and so on.
Reply 62
I'm not sure; I'm more like Emily really:

Original post by Emily.97
Im different in terms of my openness. I may openly comment on a thread and contribute to a discussion but in person im very reserved if ever in a group, unless im completely comfortable around them and know them well. My views aren't any different, but the way i come across may be different. Id comment here, but in real life i wouldnt bother unless in a one to one conversation with somebody i was interested in. I have to be engaged, otherwise i dont feel compelled to discuss things with people.

Im ultimately more vocal on here.

But, sometimes, I'd be like Woody:

Original post by WoodyMKC
Pretty much, I'm definitely a bit more adventurous with my humour as there are some things IRL that you can't joke about without being labelled a scumbag, but on the whole that's the only real difference. I'd also actually say I'm more argumentative IRL, I'm stubborn and won't back down if I think I'm right about something IRL, whereas online I often read something and begin to reply and tell them why I think they're wrong and I just end up thinking "You know what, I don't care enough that I can be arsed to take the time to write a reply" :lol:

But on the argumentative side, I just couldn't bother these days unless it's something that I really care about - but even that is somewhat depending on the situation.

(before this I'd argue the heck out of it :ninja:)
There's no one to really argue with in real life...
Think its because, as OP says, people can punch other people in the face.
like most people have said i do express myself more on here but my caring nature is still present irl
Yes. Everything I say in real life I say on TSR and vice versa. You have A LOT of people on here though who have quite extreme views on feminism/homosexuality/Islam/immigration and I'm 99% sure that they wouldn't say half the stuff they say on here irl.
Reply 66
No, I'm far nicer on here.
Reply 67
Original post by Reue
No, I'm far nicer on here.

Reue? A meany IRL? :cry:
Still blunt IRL but not as rude.
Reply 69
Original post by kka25
Reue? A meany IRL? :cry:

A total bastard. Those who have met me from here can confirm.
Reply 70
Original post by Reue
A total bastard. Those who have met me from here can confirm.

But why Reue? Why?
Reply 71
Original post by kka25
But why Reue? Why?

Its a cut-throat world out there.
Reply 72
Original post by Reue
Its a cut-throat world out there.

Example of your bastard-ness IRL?

I'm in utter shock.
Reply 73
Original post by kka25
Example of your bastard-ness IRL?

I'm in utter shock.

I jaywalk all the time.

I know it's not strictly illegal.. but I still love doing it.
Reply 74
Original post by Reue
I jaywalk all the time.

I know it's not strictly illegal.. but I still love doing it.

If there's an old wrinkly lady on the bus and there's only one seat left, would you let her sit or are you going to take the seat?

Don't make me sad Reue :cry2:
Reply 75
Original post by kka25
If there's an old wrinkly lady on the bus and there's only one seat left, would you let her sit or are you going to take the seat?

Don't make me sad Reue :cry2:

Why would I be on a bus like a peasant?
Reply 76
Original post by Reue
Why would I be on a bus like a peasant?

:cry:
I'm much more reserved irl and I rarely state my opinions.

I am not openly gay as I think my sexuality is largely irrelevant to most discussions.

I complain a lot online but this is not representative of me as a person. Irl, if a conversation is heading in a way which might reveal some pitiable aspect of my life, I'll usually change the subject or lie.
Reply 78
I have friends irl but not online. Im also quite a prick irl and online.
Im the same

Quick Reply

Latest