The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Hiya,

I've done my literacy which was fine. I have my numeracy test to do and I keep putting if off because maths is defo not my strong point. Any tips/ideas how I can improve and pass the test?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Has anyone here got an interview for primary pgce at uni of Manchester? If so could you please reply to me, because I have a question to ask and it's bugging me.. thank you :smile:
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for PGCE History at University of Nottingham and two School Directs (also in Nottingham). Sent my application off on Thursday last week (5/11) and had an interview invitation from UoN the next day :eek3::biggrin: and one of my SD sent an invite for interview today! Still waiting on the third, each e-mail that comes through makes me scared to look

The interviews are on consecutive days so hopefully the prep for them will merge into one for me. From the documentation I've been provided, I have to create a lesson plan for both and present the starter of the lesson at one interview. I've also got "written tasks" for both to complete on the day; any ideas what these might be? The prospect of them asking me about my "subject knowledge" is daunting despite being in the third year of my History degree... scared of getting questions wrong! :frown:

Got a dissertation chapter due that week as well, it's going to be a busy one...

Hope everyone else's applications are going well!
I wonder can you break the track website by refreshing it too much :smile:
Original post by gentlegiant
I wonder can you break the track website by refreshing it too much :smile:

I'd be refreshing your emails more, both instances of my interviews have come through via e-mail from the provider before they showed up on track! In fact, the invitation I got today isn't showing on track yet so I don't actually know which school it's for... :unimpressed:
If I get any interviews I have to sit an A level Latin test. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

In the past they've let people use dictionaries (thank goodness because if it's an author I've not studied I won't be familiar with the vocab) but it's the speed we have to do it in that's worrying me - last year KCL gave applicants 25 minutes. I've no idea how long the passage are...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1126
Hey guys! :smile: New to this forum but has anyone applied to do a secondary PGCE at London unis?
Original post by fabuloussam_
I'd be refreshing your emails more, both instances of my interviews have come through via e-mail from the provider before they showed up on track! In fact, the invitation I got today isn't showing on track yet so I don't actually know which school it's for... :unimpressed:

Thanks for this, I didn't notice last time around. I will be frantically refreshing my emails now :smile:

I would have thought the info about the school would be in the email.
Ucas for you never making it easy for you.
Original post by Aemiliana
If I get any interviews I have to sit an A level Latin test. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

In the past they've let people use dictionaries (thank goodness because if it's an author I've not studied I won't be familiar with the vocab) but it's the speed we have to do it in that's worrying me - last year KCL gave applicants 25 minutes. I've no idea how long the passage are...

For my interview I have to do a presentation and an interview ofc. But that's all they said in the email, however, previous applicants a few years back got tested in the core subjects, therefore, would that happen on my interview? But they didn't say anything about any tests :/ I'm so confused
Original post by Monty21
For my interview I have to do a presentation and an interview ofc. But that's all they said in the email, however, previous applicants a few years back got tested in the core subjects, therefore, would that happen on my interview? But they didn't say anything about any tests :/ I'm so confused

I don't know. The info for my subject was available on the providers' websites.

You're best contacting the places you're interviewing at.
Original post by 1502charls
Yes they sent me an email on Friday and everything is explained. I have to prepare an oral presentation about how a teacher at school has had a positive effect on my development as a teacher. I think a lot of people get similar questions too. They haven't mentioned anything about maths or English tests though so I'm assuming I don't. I am awaiting an email reply so I will let you know.

Good luck with your application! Where else have you applied?

I've also got an interview at Manchester uni, but theyve only said to do a presentation and then interview. And yah the presentation question for me is same as yours. Therefore, I assume they'll be no tests?
I've also applied to mmu too
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and am applying for PGCE Primary. I am waiting for my references to be completed and hope it doesn't take too long.

Good luck with your applications!!
Different providers will have different interview processes.

Each of these processes depends on the institute and also the level/subject

So some will have tests involved, others will have presentations, micro teach, formal and informal group discussions, subject interviews.

So it is a bit of luck of the draw.
Original post by gentlegiant
Different providers will have different interview processes.

Each of these processes depends on the institute and also the level/subject

So some will have tests involved, others will have presentations, micro teach, formal and informal group discussions, subject interviews.

So it is a bit of luck of the draw.

Phew lol I thought I'd most certainly have a test even though they did not mention anything about tests on the email they sent me to prep for the interview! I really need to stop looking at old threads haha
Original post by Tammyken
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and am applying for PGCE Primary. I am waiting for my references to be completed and hope it doesn't take too long.

Good luck with your applications!!

I'm also applying for the same course! Where are you applying?
Original post by Monty21
I'm also applying for the same course! Where are you applying?

Wolverhampton, Staffordshire and 1 School Direct. Where are you applying?
Original post by Tammyken
Wolverhampton, Staffordshire and 1 School Direct. Where are you applying?

Both Manchester unis and 1 schools direct too! Hopefully we get into our preferred unis :smile:
Got offered a place straight after my interview - so shocked and happy! :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up!
Original post by MissBunny
Got offered a place straight after my interview - so shocked and happy! :biggrin:

Congratulations! That's really fast! Which uni is that?
Original post by MissBunny

Great to hear, how many more interviews you got left?
I'm still waiting on interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending