The Student Room Group

People who don't want kids are lucky.

I was just reading that thread about Londoners not being able to buy a house.

Well, if you don't want kids, you obviously don't need a house. You can just live in a one bedroom flat.

I will also have a hell of a lot more disposable income to spend on myself.

I feel lucky today.

I just needed to share that.

Scroll to see replies

Good for you?

Although isn't it more of a choice as opposed to luck?
Reply 2
Original post by Alter-ego
Good for you?

Although isn't it more of a choice as opposed to luck?

I don't think you can choose whether you want kids or not. It's just something you want or you don't. So if you happen to not wish to have a kid, you are lucky. Because most people are aching for it.
Reply 3
Get dat kid-free flat guuurl
Reply 4
Strong sentence.
Reply 5
The cost is exorbitant really.
i don't want kids

so i'm gonna dodge the bullets that are having to spend money on then and having to put up with their s*** :biggrin:
How is the human race still here?
topkek
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah. Kids are a massive investment. But who knows, maybe I need my legacy to continue.
Reply 10
Original post by High Stakes
Maybe I need my legacy to continue.

I'm sorry but I find it so cringe and narcissistic when people say this. You are not Rockefeller.
Original post by driftawaay
I'm sorry but I find it so cringe and narcissistic when people say this. You are not Rockefeller.

Who knows. Maybe I will become batman or something. Surely if you're batman you're gonna want a son?
I disagree. I don't want children or if I really did have them, I want 1. This is because I grew up in a house with 6 other children. I highly doubt that's lucky lol. I have just had enough with kids :P.
I don't think you can choose whether you want kids or not. It's just something you want or you don't. So if you happen to not wish to have a kid, you are lucky. Because most people are aching for it.

Fair enough. Although I'd say that I've chosen not to have kids because I don't think that I would be a good mother, whether I'd like them or not.
it's great for your career, disposable income and figure to not have kids, ngl
Reply 15
Original post by nverjvlev
it's great for your career, disposable income and figure to not have kids, ngl

As well as your nerves, your sleeping pattern and your disposable free time as well :tongue:

Whether you want a child or not triggers the choice to have children, or not to have children.
Reply 17
Original post by Emily.97
Whether you want a child or not triggers the choice to have children, or not have children.

I don't think you can choose whether you want kids or not. It's just something you want or you don't.

That is the very definition of choosing whether you want children or not. We, as people, take into account different factors as well as how we feel about having children to come to the decision that we would like to be parents one day. It's not "luck" at all.
Original post by Emily.97
Whether you want a child or not triggers the choice to have children, or not to have children.

I think it's the other way around. A serious of choices determines whether you want to have children or not . Like, I dont want to have kids because I want more money for myself .

Quick Reply

Latest