The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

definitely being short lol, thats the one thing girls really are shallow about, well i say shallow, who wants to go out with a 5,2 man?
Well if the choice is between a dwarf and a teddy bear, I'd pick the bear every time.
Reply 3
Original post by JNDSAN
definitely being short lol, thats the one thing girls really are shallow about, well i say shallow, who wants to go out with a 5,2 man?

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Well if the choice is between a dwarf and a teddy bear, I'd pick the bear every time.

Surprised since 17 stone is pretty big!

Be interesting to hear some girls views :P
Short because the first one is generally fixable, also quite a lot of girls seem to like slightly fat guys as it gives them a sense of security whilst there are probably very few that like short guys (never seen an example of this).
Reply 5
Original post by ron_trns
Short because the first one is generally fixable, also quite a lot of girls seem to like slightly fat guys as it gives them a sense of security whilst there are probably very few that like short guys (never seen an example of this).

Snow White seemed to have a fetish
Being short. You will always be a manlet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know a guywho is really short and because of that, he has a lot of complexes. It is alsovery difficult for him to find a girlfriend because of his size.. another friend ofmine, who is overweight, also has complexes because of his appearance… yes, thesecond one could loose some weight and the first one wont grow again. But inthe end it only depends on how you feel in your body and how you handle it
Reply 8
Original post by ron_trns

I hear they like slightly chubby but 17 stone is quite a bit not assuming it's muscle :P
Reply 9
Original post by CandyCurls
I know a guywho is really short and because of that, he has a lot of complexes. It is alsovery difficult for him to find a girlfriend because of his size.. another friend ofmine, who is overweight, also has complexes because of his appearance… yes, thesecond one could loose some weight and the first one wont grow again. But inthe end it only depends on how you feel in your body and how you handle it

Fair point - it's the way you see life i suppose. But so far it's been mostly rather be overweight.
Short is definitely worse...
Given the choice, I would rather be tall and overweight any day. Weight you can at least do something about. Height, unless you opt for really drastic measures like limb lengthening surgery, you're more or less stuck with it.
Honestly, being short. Unless I'm wildly in love with the guy, it bothers me so much to be with a guy who's my height or shorter... I just cant! Rather be with an overweight person. Weight you can change, height not really, unless you wear high heels but I dont see myself with a guy wearing heels prettier than mine...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
being overweight is worse bc...

urmm hello Bruno Mars is hot af and he's only 165cm tall

Spoiler

One adds to life expectancy the other decreases it. Go figure.

5'2 is ridiculous though. 17stone is not that big, my dad is 16.5 stone and really doesn't look "fat", he just looks strong. And he's only 5'7 ffs, so short by modern standards.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
I'm 5'9 and consider myself small lol

I personally would rather be overweight as I could easily do something about it.
Short far worse, much less you can do vs fat where you can actually, with good work, change pretty easily.
I would rather be short. Yes, if you are overweight you can lose weight, but it may require dedication and perseverance which I probably don't have.

Then again I'm a 5'0 girl so I'm probably biased xD
Original post by Bill_Gates
What is worse for a male being overweight or being short?

Let's assume you can't change your weight and it's static. You are in the obese category 6ft and say 17 stones and for short let's say you're 5ft 2.

i'd say overweight tbh. Most women won't go near an obese guy(so sorry but true, a lot of shallow people out there!) But at least if you're short, you can find another short women or even a taller women if she doesn't mind. Look at Kevin hart and his girlfriend!
Manlets gonna manlet... sloots gonna sloot.

Latest