The Student Room Group

Surprise surprise, its happened again.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest
It's exactly because of these failings that the girl was raped multiple times, by multiple people and in multiple locations.

You seem to be of the opinion that we should let crimes persist until the victim is ready to come forward, instead of the system being proactive and aiding people who are in desperate need of it.

Nope completely wrong the girl was raped multiple times, by multiple people and in multiple locations by the rapists.

Tell me how the failing system makes these men into rapists?

Can you not blame the rapists for the rape? (oh wait I've heard this argument before and it's why we are still seeing cases like this being highlighted)

Are you a) A social worker more worried about community relations or b) part of the community that are implicated here (given your posts I'd say B) but do tell
(edited 8 years ago)
As appalling as this is, why is everyone throwing around the 'religion of peace' thing. It's not like the rape was religiously motivated.
Original post by Maker
Using horrible crimes to shrill for UKIP.

do you mean shill ? :holmes:
Original post by BaconandSauce
Nope completely wrong the girl was raped multiple times, by multiple people and in multiple locations by the rapists.

That is what I said.

Tell me how the failing system makes these men into rapists?

I didn't say that the failed system turned these men into rapists.

Can you not blame the rapists for the rape? (oh wait I've heard this argument before and it's why we are still seeing cases like this being highlighted)

I do blame the rapists for the rape.

Are you a) A social worker more worried about community relations or b) part of the community that are implicated here (given your posts I'd say B) but do tell

I'm a concerned citizen who has highlighted how systems that are said to be part of our everyday lives, systems which are meant to protect the vulnerable, systems which we have come to rely on and trust, can fail so horribly so as to allow multiple men to repeatedly rape a young schoolgirl multiple times and in multiple locations.
Original post by StrawbAri
As appalling as this is, why is everyone throwing around the 'religion of peace' thing. It's not like the rape was religiously motivated.

Not religiously motivated, but was culturally inclined.
That is what I said.

Odd it reads like you're trying to blame the system's failings you know when you say
'
It's exactly because of these failings that the girl was raped multiple times, by multiple people and in multiple locations.'

I can see no mention of the rapists in this sentence

Tell me in your post where you mentioned the actual rapists being RESPONSIBLE for this
(edited 8 years ago)
Odd it reads like you're trying to blame the system's failings you know when you say
'
It's exactly because of these failings that the girl was raped multiple times, by multiple people and in multiple locations.'

Tell me in your post where you mentioned the actual rapists being RESPONSIBLE for this

I believe ArtofProtest means that these failings shouldn't have led to a rape, but ultimately, they have. It would have been much more beneficial to the girl to have had her problems sorted out at home, rather than identify and prosecute the rapists after they've already committed the crime.

He shouldn't have to explicitly mention the fact that the rapists are at fault because that's just obvious. But it's better to prevent the crime happening in the first place by all means necessary, rather than start pointing fingers when the damage has already been done
Original post by Another
I believe ArtofProtest means that these failings shouldn't have led to a rape, but ultimately, they have.

But how can a system failing her lead others to rape?

She is the victim here nothing she has gone through should result in her being raped.

This is nothing more than trying to shift blame, while not onto the girl (although I can see you are trying to blame her home life) but to those around her

this is not the case the people responsible are the rapists.

and whist obvious I see a lot of blame being proportioned but no mention of the rapists.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
It's kinda disgusting how whenever stuff like this is posted you always get pinkos rolling their eyes and shrugging their shoulders. Clearly something is wrong, how about we actually start to face up to that?

I know you're a good guy and I heard you were mixed so I doubt you're racist but it's a tough topic. Simply saying White men do this all the time, doesn't really cut given how underrepresented White men are when it comes to sex crime. At the same time, you can't say they did it because they are Asian, because you just know that the son of a successful South Asian doctor is unlikely to do such things, these guys were obviously borderline illiterate hoodrats whose mum married her first cousin or some other messed up rural ****.
But how can a system failing her lead others to rape?

She is the victim here nothing she has gone through should result in her being raped.

This is nothing more than trying to shift blame, while not onto the girl but to those around her

this is not the case the people responsible are the rapists.

and whist obvious I see a lot of blame being proportioned but no mention of the rapists.

Addressing the last point, I don't really like to waste words stating the obvious as it adds nothing to the discussion - unless the person I'm talking with is seriously thick. Who knows, maybe TheArt is the same.

The system does not (and cannot) lead others to rape. A rapist will pick the easiest target he can, I believe the best we can do is to limit the number of vulnerable girls that he has access to

The circumstances surrounding the girl has left her very vulnerable indeed. Pretty much making her the perfect victim, since the children in Rotherham follow a similar back story. Circumstances should not have led to rape, but she's been unlucky, and they have made her more at risk to it.
Original post by AdjectiveNoun
I am not touching this conversation. Not even with a thirty foot pole.

With that attitude you should get a job with the social services. They've proven beyond all doubt how adept they are at ignoring this issue.
Original post by Another
Addressing the last point, I don't really like to waste words stating the obvious as it adds nothing to the discussion - unless the person I'm talking with is seriously thick. Who knows, maybe TheArt is the same.

The system does not (and cannot) lead others to rape. A rapist will pick the easiest target he can, I believe the best we can do is to limit the number of vulnerable girls that he has access to

The circumstances surrounding the girl has left her very vulnerable indeed. Pretty much making her the perfect victim, since the children in Rotherham follow a similar back story. Circumstances should not have led to rape, but she's been unlucky, and they have made her more at risk to it.

Ah personal attack

I see no mention on the thread concerning condemnation of the rapists form the poster just excuses and blame shifting

It does help on these thread to at least open with a passing reference to the victim and a little empathy for them before people jump in blaming systems failing leading to the rape of a child

FYI these are the posters exact words you seem to be willing to defend

'

I'm sure that you noticed the reiteration of "multiple" emphasising that rape occurred more than once.

If an abuser is able to rape time and time again, despite no less than 4 systems being involved which should have ensured the welfare of the child, it simply highlights the failure of the systems.

The rapist will get what he deserves but my point of contention was that there were 4 agencies involved, each of them not caring about the welfare of the child enough to investigate repeated abuses.

If a person commits his first rape and gets caught, then I hope harsh punishment awaits him.
But where a person is left free on the streets to rape someone repeated times, then the systems which have broken also share in the blame, not the blame that will mitigate or absolve the rapists, but the blame of failing to ensure the welfare and security of the vulnerable child.

I hope, next time, you actually read what I write instead of jumping to conclusions.

I hope, next time, you actually read what I write instead of jumping to conclusions.

I did read what you said.

'It's exactly because of these failings'
I did read what you said.

'It's exactly because of these failings'

Another person (coincidentally named "@Another ") has perfectly understood what I was getting at from the same words that you read.

I don't know why it is so difficult for you.
Ah personal attack

I see no mention on the thread concerning condemnation of the rapists form the poster just excuses and blame shifting

It does help on these thread to at least open with a passing reference to the victim and a little empathy for them before people jump in blaming systems failing leading to the rape of a child

FYI these are the posters exact words you seem to be willing to defend

Sorry, that was not meant as an attack at all

We do remain empathetic, even if we don't voice it on a student forum (I'm not sure what good my empathy will do here, but hey) and if there are any posters above trying to use this news article for their own personal propaganda, they are horrible human beings

A failing system cannot cause rape (indeed, only a rapist can) however a stable system and a stable upbringing would have made the girl's chances of being repeatedly raped by a pakistani grooming gang nil. If you believe that teachers, parents and healthcare workers are responsible for the welfare of minors, then it is not incorrect to say that the system has failed to protect her.
Original post by StrawbAri

obviously not - these kind of people are dogs, ****ing dogs. disgusting, vile creatures, who should be taken to saudi and stoned to death. :smile:
Original post by The Rad Prince
I know you're a good guy and I heard you were mixed so I doubt you're racist but it's a tough topic. Simply saying White men do this all the time, doesn't really cut given how underrepresented White men are when it comes to sex crime. At the same time, you can't say they did it because they are Asian, because you just know that the son of a successful South Asian doctor is unlikely to do such things, these guys were obviously borderline illiterate hoodrats whose mum married her first cousin or some other messed up rural ****.

I don't think the did it because they are Asian. I think many Muslims do view white, promiscuous British women as almost sub-human, though.
Reply 38
Original post by the bear
do you mean shill ? :holmes:

I mean get lost
Thus is what I hate when a story like this comes out: it brings forth the xenophobes who hate multiculturalism. The language used is just atrocious. You can tell from the pronouns used, "THEY raped OUR women." Or "ugh, these vile ASIAN men" "religion of peace my ass" "they're barbarians". Said people get SO angry because of the 'us vs. them' mentality they have, rather than because of the incident itself.

If 15 white guys raped a white girl, noone would say culture is the problem. Noone would say 'Christianity' is the problem. Finally, if those guys were from some other European country (Poland for example) noone would say "go back to your own country."

Their ethnicity or religion is not the problem. WHAT THEY DID, is the problem, and it's something ANY group of people can do, regardless of race, religion or anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest