The Student Room Group

Art

I am doing GCSE art and the theme "openings" I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas of what I could do for my final piece in just over a month??
Reply 1
opening a door? (most of my art ideas are sarcastic and logical)
Reply 2
Original post by Amy989
I am doing GCSE art and the theme "openings" I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas of what I could do for my final piece in just over a month??

You could do the inside of a person and see their emotions? You open your heart to someone?
Reply 3
I am interested in the theme Alice in wonderland or something along that style , is there any ideas in which I could embed this in my final piece?
Reply 4
Original post by Amy989
I am interested in the theme Alice in wonderland or something along that style , is there any ideas in which I could embed this in my final piece?

Draw the rabbit hole! The opening to a new reality?
What's your project about? I know the title is 'openings' but most people interpret that in their own way and develop a personal project? What kind of work have you been doing?
Reply 6
Currently, I've drawn a keyhole looking through to a street view, a window opened in an empty room and someone trying to open a door whilst being trapped, that's all I've done so far
Reply 7
Original post by Bham369
Draw the rabbit hole! The opening to a new reality?

I love this idea!!
Original post by Amy989
Currently, I've drawn a keyhole looking through to a street view, a window opened in an empty room and someone trying to open a door whilst being trapped, that's all I've done so far

That's good! There's so much going on what do you mean 'that's all I've done?' :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Amy989

Maybe look at using colours to convey a message, and to show somebody opening up emotionally? Also, take photographs related to your ideas. For example, photos of the road, keyhole etc? Maybe use the keyhole to symbolise emotions being lock away. Examiners like to see the development/progression of ideas, and it would be great to describe in words what you're trying to show in these drawings/paintings.
Original post by Amy989
I love this idea!!

Thank you! 😊In the middle of your room do the rabbit hole! So you can go forwards and take over obstacles or you can fall in to something that could change your life forever eg love?

Quick Reply

Latest