The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Well done to everyone getting interviews and sorry to those who lost one of their choices.

Hubs is still waiting here t hear from any of them.

St georges said mid november, that's basically next week!! Yikes!!

Good luck and fingers crossed for all!! x
Original post by HanaGEM
Congrats :biggrin:

Ive applied but havent heard yet, what did you score? Im not entirely sure what ive scored as i did access instead of a levels so it depends if thry class them as comparative

I know I didn't score highly as I don't have any Alevels think I only scored 6 on the academic side of things and 26 for the ukcat.
I'm hoping the take in to account that I don't have Alevels but still managed to get a degree.
Original post by RWRC2421
interview just come through for Leicester undergrad! (as a graduate) anyone else heard? xx

Congratulations!! :biggrin:
Reply 3363
Original post by Strebor4

St georges said mid november, that's basically next week!! Yikes!!

Last year george's sent out interview invitations the day of GAMSAT results which is tomorrow I think.
Original post by vikingkermit
I know I didn't score highly as I don't have any Alevels think I only scored 6 on the academic side of things and 26 for the ukcat.
I'm hoping the take in to account that I don't have Alevels but still managed to get a degree.

Have you done another level 3 equivalent?

Ive just nosied at your profile, seems youre in a similar situation to me, and only a year younger than me, makes me not feel so old!
Original post by HanaGEM
Ive just nosied at your profile, seems youre in a similar situation to me, and only a year younger than me, makes me not feel so old!

I turn 28 next month so not even a year younger lol.
No I started uni on a diploma course which needed GCSE's and then my exam/essay ressults were good enough in year 2 that they let me switch to the degree for my final year.
Definitely not old though, Warwick's oldest medical student had there 50th birthday in the 1st year of medical school.
Reply 3367
No I started uni on a diploma course which needed GCSE's and then my exam/essay ressults were good enough in year 2 that they let me switch to the degree for my final year.
Definitely not old though, Warwick's oldest medical student had there 50th birthday in the 1st year of medical school.

Well that makes me feel better, been spending too much time in the exeter MBBS5 forum feeling old at 22.

That said the oldest GEP at George's while I was there (Biomed and MRes) started the course at 55.
Having just turned 35, I'm cheered by all this talk of med students in their 50s!

Good luck young'uns!

Original post by Googy
Well that makes me feel better, been spending too much time in the exeter MBBS5 forum feeling old at 22.

That said the oldest GEP at George's while I was there (Biomed and MRes) started the course at 55.
As a fellow 30 something I'm also pleased to hear this!

This is all very reassuring :biggrin:
Original post by neuronerd
As a fellow 30 something I'm also pleased to hear this!

Here here (me too).
Wonder when we'll hear from Cambridge tomorrow. My 'phone signal at work is awful so won't know until I get in probably, around 19:30!!
For those who've received a rejection from King's, was this for the 5 year or 4 year course?
I still haven't heard anything from my choices and was expecting rejections straight away with a UKCAT of 640 :s-smilie:
Original post by DazzleLight
For those who've received a rejection from King's, was this for the 5 year or 4 year course?
I still haven't heard anything from my choices and was expecting rejections straight away with a UKCAT of 640 :s-smilie:

I was 4 year and UKCAT 680
Original post by Amywool
I was 4 year and UKCAT 680

Ohh okayy, I've applied for the 5 year but even still 640 is a pretty low score.
Best of luck with the rest of your choices
Thanks! feeling happy as didnt get any interviews last time I applied (although applied for all grad and this time all undergrad to maximise chance!)

Got 675 UKCAT not great, academics made up for it - my score for Leicester was 59

Good luck everyone else! And sorry vikingkermit to make you check emails more!!
Original post by RWRC2421
Thanks! feeling happy as didnt get any interviews last time I applied (although applied for all grad and this time all undergrad to maximise chance!)

Got 675 UKCAT not great, academics made up for it - my score for Leicester was 59

Good luck everyone else! And sorry vikingkermit to make you check emails more!!

Fantastic, well done!

Provided I get the full 15 points for my access course (I got the highest grades I could for it) then my score would be 59.5 so fingers crossed!
Original post by HanaGEM
Fantastic, well done!

Provided I get the full 15 points for my access course (I got the highest grades I could for it) then my score would be 59.5 so fingers crossed!

Good luck! I'm waiting on Leicester too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ah639
Good luck! I'm waiting on Leicester too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending