The Student Room Group

Bullies saved his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=69&v=esEuibD1ccY

Fat kid got bullied. Fat kid lost weight. Less chance of diabetes + heart disease.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are you trying to say? Bullying is good?
Original post by alexh42

I'm saying exactly what I said.....
Reply 3
Original post by alexh42

Obviously...
He saved his own life, not the bullies.
Reply 5
Are you a bully trying to feel better about yourself? What about if whoever your bullying get's depressed and commits suicide, how are you going to comfort yourself then?
Good on him. The bullies can and should never be praised for what they did at all, scum of the earth... but it takes character to decide to make a change rather than wallow in self pity.
By the way the title is just bait...... I love seeing everyone get so mad. :smile:
Original post by SmellyProtein
By the way the title is just bait...... I love seeing everyone get so mad. :smile:

Nah I'm pretty sure you just realised you said a ****ty thing and now you're trying to cover up
0/10.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Original post by StrawbAri
Nah I'm pretty sure you just realised you said a ****ty thing and now you're trying to cover up

Right okay.
Original post by ivybridge
He saved his own life, not the bullies.

True but it's likely he wouldn't have if he wasn't bullied. There's stories like this all over the internet and i know of some personally.
Whatever, he may have physically changed, most people do. That doesn't mean he wasn't scarred from all the bullying, that stays for life imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=69&v=esEuibD1ccY

Fat kid got bullied. Fat kid lost weight. Less chance of diabetes + heart disease.

Bullies are complete and utter scumbags and what they did should never be applauded or excused.

It might have given him a wake up call to get healthy but he could have got that through other, less nasty means
I agree bullies shouldn't be applauded or excused.

Often it takes someone as nasty as this to make things happen. But yes there's a possibility that things could have motivated him.
I agree bullies shouldn't be applauded or excused.

Often it takes someone as nasty as this to make things happen. But yes there's a possibility that things could have motivated him.

Then why make a thread saying 'Bullies saved his life?'
I know it's attention grabbing but it gives people the wrong idea.

Clearly this indicates that you think the bullying was a positive thing to happen to him.

He 'saved' himself by losing the weight. The bullies didn't do the exercise for him, did they?
There are many misleading thread titles on TSR.

I believe in this instance there was a positive that came from the boy being bullied. I also believe bullying is wrong.

You're correct but the hate they placed on him clearly made him rethink life and most importantly his health.
There are many misleading thread titles on TSR.

I believe in this instance there was a positive that came from the boy being bullied. I also believe bullying is wrong.

You're correct but the hate they placed on him clearly made him rethink life and most importantly his health.

So? Doesn't mean you had to type one, does it?

Yes, this is probably the 0.01% of bullying cases where something positive might be considered to come out of it. In the other 99.9% of cases the victim gets depressed, has self esteem issues, has suicidal thoughts or goes on a gun rampage. He was probably perfectly happy with himself until these asses started going at him and now he probably has sustained psychological and emotional issues from it.

The fact that he changed something about himself and didn't just ignore them says buckets about his sense of self worth. They will probably find something else to pick on him about now that he's shown them that their words have power over him
Did I have to, no, but did I want to, yes !

I know a couple of people who have been bullied for being fat and have decided to live a healthier lifestyle because of this. Not one of them went on to shoot up a school or slit their wrists.
Did I have to, no, but did I want to, yes !

I know a couple of people who have been bullied for being fat and have decided to live a healthier lifestyle because of this. Not one of them went on to shoot up a school or slit their wrists.

Your anecdotal evidence doesn't somehow invalidate tons of psychological and scientific studies that show that victims of bullies suffer long term psychological consequences regardless of how well they dealt with it. The damage has now been done and the only thing he can do is get treatment for any psychological injuries sustained.

The fact that you are even arguing this shows much ignorance and lack of experience with bullies (which is nice but you have no understanding of the problems it causes so therefore you have no right to talk about it) or the fact that you are a bully or an ex-bully feeling guilty and attempting to justify your previous actions. In either case your empathy is significantly diminished.

Quick Reply

Latest