The Student Room Group

How to do well in subjects that you HATE??!!!!!!

So I have chosen to study Bio, Chem, Econ and French this year and I HATE Economics! I'm starting to hate French as well but not as much.

I've done a few tests for my exams and for Bio ad French I got B's and for Economics I got a D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hate it. Everyone seems to understand it and find it interesting but I just don't. It was fine at the beggining because everyone was pretty much on the same level but now I'm like the only one reaally failing.

It's too late to change subjects and even if i could, I wouldn't because I'm not interested in an other subjects. The only subjects I'm really interested in are Biology and chemistry.

I'm starting to get so tired of A-levels. Everything is going terribly and I'm starting to get extremely stressed out and unmotivated.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to succeed in subjects that you don't like? How to become more motivated and less stressed out?
OP just choose wisely, ideally dont pick them in the first place.
Try looking at it from a different angle. Like instead of textbook after textbook, try online lectures, read the economist etc.

Just try and find something to like about it.
Reply 3
Original post by 1295084
So I have chosen to study Bio, Chem, Econ and French this year and I HATE Economics! I'm starting to hate French as well but not as much.

I've done a few tests for my exams and for Bio ad French I got B's and for Economics I got a D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hate it. Everyone seems to understand it and find it interesting but I just don't. It was fine at the beggining because everyone was pretty much on the same level but now I'm like the only one reaally failing.

It's too late to change subjects and even if i could, I wouldn't because I'm not interested in an other subjects. The only subjects I'm really interested in are Biology and chemistry.

I'm starting to get so tired of A-levels. Everything is going terribly and I'm starting to get extremely stressed out and unmotivated.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to succeed in subjects that you don't like? How to become more motivated and less stressed out?

Is it too late to drop out?

Or look at it like just something you have to do to get somewhere better -ie Uni or wherever you want to go in the future
Reply 4
I feel the same way for Business! Kinda hate it now and I hate my classmates as well so that makes it even harder.
Reply 5
Original post by Slide
Is it too late to drop out?

Or look at it like just something you have to do to get somewhere better -ie Uni or wherever you want to go in the future

I definitely DO NOT want to drop out. Which is why I asked for motivation tips.

And yeah I guess that's a good point :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by the terminator
OP just choose wisely, ideally dont pick them in the first place.

Like I said previously ^^ There were no other subjects that even vaguely interested me.
That sucks OP, try and put your head down and soldier it out!

All the best
Reply 8
Original post by 1295084
I definitely DO NOT want to drop out. Which is why I asked for motivation tips.

And yeah I guess that's a good point :smile:

Good Luck !

Quick Reply

Latest