The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Just been rejected from Nottingham :frown:(
Original post by topdot12
Just been rejected from Nottingham :frown:(

That sucks :frown: Have you applied to other places to? I remember how much it sucked when I got rejected from UWE
Original post by MsRaine
That sucks :frown: Have you applied to other places to? I remember how much it sucked when I got rejected from UWE

Yes I've had one interview already and one tomorrow. It just makes me worried cause I feel that my other options may reject me too :frown:((
Hey guys!

Congrats to the ones that have already had an offer and interview, and good luck to the rest of you waiting to hear something!

Branch: Mental health nursing, possibly social work
Uni(s) applying to: Sheffield hallam, Northumbria, Leeds, Nottingham and DMU.
Relevant experience: Two weeks working in a residential care home for elderly people with dementia, a month's work placement in a secondary school, and another two week placement working in a nursery. Worried that I don't have enough experience:frown:

I'm really struggling on deciding what course to study, stuck between mental health nursing and social work. I originally wanted to apply for both courses but I've heard that applying for different courses can sometimes affect your application and I could possibly end up with no offers. Although, my friend did apply for different courses last year that all related in some way and she had an offer from every one. What would you all recommend? Should I contact UCAS or the universities I'm applying too? Starting to get worried because times running out.
Branch- child nursing
Applied universities- Chester, UCLAN and Sheffield Hallam. I have also revived rejections from Edge Hill and Liverpool John Moores.
Relevant information- I have eight GCSE's including maths, English and English literature. I am the eldest of four children on my mums side and eldest of five children on my dads side- I am also a young carer of my brother. I have taken part in 100 hours of work experience with children (pre-school, nursery and primary school) as part of my college course. Lastly I finished college last year early with D*D (180 UCAS points).
Really worried about securing a place at my last three remaining unis as I haven't heard anything from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellie-Pickard
Branch- child nursing
Applied universities- Chester, UCLAN and Sheffield Hallam. I have also revived rejections from Edge Hill and Liverpool John Moores.
Relevant information- I have eight GCSE's including maths, English and English literature. I am the eldest of four children on my mums side and eldest of five children on my dads side- I am also a young carer of my brother. I have taken part in 100 hours of work experience with children (pre-school, nursery and primary school) as part of my college course. Lastly I finished college last year early with D*D (180 UCAS points).
Really worried about securing a place at my last three remaining unis as I haven't heard anything from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't haven't heard anything from Hallam either. I don't know whether some unis wait until all applications are in. I've had 1 rejection and 2 interviews so far x
Original post by katienursing2015
Anyone that's applied to Manchester, Salford, LJMU, Chester or/and Edge hill for Children's nursing and have received interviews/rejections - how soon after your application was sent off did you get it? My application was sent off yesterday and I'm so impatient lol.

Hi, I sent my application off just before half term and received an invite to interview within a week :smile:
Branch- child nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Ellie,
Is 180 UCAS points a typo?
Original post by Sansarya
I applied to bangor in october and still haven't heard anything. Are you applying for march or september?

Sept 2016. How about you?
Original post by bethey180
Hi, I sent my application off just before half term and received an invite to interview within a week :smile:

Congratulations! Which university was it for?
Original post by katienursing2015
Congratulations! Which university was it for?

Thankyou! It was for Edge hill university, I had my interview on Tuesday so fingers crossed:smile:
Got an interview invite from Bournemouth today!
Let me know if you're going to any of the interviews I'm going to, I'd be great to speak to you more! :h:

Plymouth - 24th November (PM)
Bournemouth - 15th December (12:45)
UWE - 17th December (8:30)

Spoiler

Original post by lilibet01
Hi Ellie,
Is 180 UCAS points a typo?

No I received 180 UCAS points for my first year and I'm expected to recover about 320 overall at the end of this college year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by topdot12
I haven't haven't heard anything from Hallam either. I don't know whether some unis wait until all applications are in. I've had 1 rejection and 2 interviews so far x

Where have you had interviews for?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fairyegg
Sept 2016. How about you?

March 2016😊 really wish they'll get back to us soon!
Where have you had interviews for?x

Posted from TSR Mobile

BCU and DMU :smile:
Original post by bethey180
Thankyou! It was for Edge hill university, I had my interview on Tuesday so fingers crossed:smile:

what time did you have your interview? i was there on tuesday. How did you do in your maths test?
Original post by Sansarya
March 2016😊 really wish they'll get back to us soon!

Fingers crossed. Other university's seem to be holding interviews now and I haven't even had an acknowledgement from Bangor. Getting inpatient 😀
Original post by kezped2010
what time did you have your interview? i was there on tuesday. How did you do in your maths test?

I was there for the 12:15 interview, I think I did okay on the maths test how about you? Good luck I hope you get a place!! What branch did you apply for?
Original post by Fairyegg
Fingers crossed. Other university's seem to be holding interviews now and I haven't even had an acknowledgement from Bangor. Getting inpatient 😀

Yeah, I just want something from them haha! Tempted to email admissions to find out when they're likely to get back to us😐

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending