The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Johann von Gauss
You know Tim the Terrible of Sweden was buried with a statue of his pet rabbit, I don't think houseplants are too difficult to statuate/instatufy/enstatute/?

My question was more along the lines of why would you want a statue of a houseplant rather than how would you make one XD.
Reply 321
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Does anyone know the thresholds from years prior to 2014?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would just use last years as a guideline, they never seem to fluctuate too much each year.
Original post by Bruhh
I would just use last years as a guideline, they never seem to fluctuate too much each year.

Okay :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The fact that it refers to lines rather than line segments is what makes the question and corresponding answer actually correct, but I don't think most people sitting the SMC are going to make that distinction.
(at least I think this is the case; are we not still assuming infinite paper)

It depends on the assumption. Like at GCSE you'd have questions like "it takes 2 men 5 hours to make a statue of a houseplant, how long does it take 5 men" or some bull like that. You technically have to assume the men work at the same rate and independently but nobody's going to think about that.

Indeed. If I was a year younger this would have probably screwed me in the exam. Reminds me of last year where I got stressed out by a question on "sharing" boundaries or something; sharing meant sharing an entire boundary but I wasn't sure whether to interpret it as such or interpret it as sharing part of a boundary, after that I completely flopped the paper lol

I was wrong, I retract my statement completely, I misread the question after trying to read into it too much, classic
Reply 324
when are boundaries released!!!
Original post by 11234
when are boundaries released!!!

No one knows... Should be up by tomorrow though
Reply 326
Original post by DavidBick
No one knows... Should be up by tomorrow though

ok. How do you reckon y you did. Mu teacher counted I got 103, do you think its enough to qualify. I really hope it is...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 11234
ok. How do you reckon y you did. Mu teacher counted I got 103, do you think its enough to qualify. I really hope it is...

Should be...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Could be inflated severly due to answers posted prior to everyone finishing, just saying
I hope 115 should be enough??? Would be really disappointed if it isnot, cuz i did stupid mistakes :frown:
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
I hope 115 should be enough??? Would be really disappointed if it isnot, cuz i did stupid mistakes :frown:

It will be enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theworkkid
Could be inflated severly due to answers posted prior to everyone finishing, just saying

Also, I felt that the paper was easier than last year.
Original post by physicsmaths
It will be enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you got?
BTW i like your nickname :smile: i am big admirer of physics and maths. Still regret i refused to become Maths Olympiad kid as i had a great opportunity years ago :frown:
Thresholds are out!

Bronze - 50
Silver - 65
Gold - 82
Senior Kangaroo - 86
BMO1 - 104

I either got a high silver or low gold - pretty happy tbh!
Thresholds are out!

Bronze - 50
Silver - 65
Gold - 82
Senior Kangaroo - 86
BMO1 - 104

Dammit. Congrats to you though
based on the what I remember that i put down and the thresholds I just about qualified for BMO1 (105 marks) hopefully I'm correct in what I remmeber
Anyone know when schools start receiving results by email?
Thresholds are out!

Bronze - 50
Silver - 65
Gold - 82
Senior Kangaroo - 86
BMO1 - 104

That's great, probably i will be invited to BMO1. Thanks for the good news!
Original post by Student403
Dammit. Congrats to you though

Why, what did you get? & thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
That's great, probably i will be invited to BMO1. Thanks for the good news!

Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest