The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by polarmaple
I am! Where are you from?

Really? Biology at CC? I'm from Dublin, Ireland! What about you? How are you feeling about these interviews? Are you on the Facebook group? Apologies for all the questions :smile: My biology teacher jumped with joy when I told her I had an interview!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EoghanB97
Really? Biology at CC? I'm from Dublin, Ireland! What about you? How are you feeling about these interviews? Are you on the Facebook group? Apologies for all the questions :smile: My biology teacher jumped with joy when I told her I had an interview!

Good to see another Irishman about the Oxford threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel ya, not looking forward to trying to find tickets from Canada with only a week's notice

Hey other Canadian!! It seems we are both applying for Biological sciences. Good luck with your interview! I literally no-one else applying to Oxford in Toronto at least.
Original post by skjdhewj
I got so panicked that i just stopped checking cases and was unsure on quite a bit of the vocab and yeah i agree about the prose

Yep. I don't think the preparation helped a great deal. The first 15 minutes was definitely panicky and I think that stopped me from picking up the the complex grammar. Plus I did end up just guessing on some the vocab.

By the way, which college did you apply to?
Hi,
Does anyone know whether cambridge or oxford allow you to re apply next year?
Thanks
Any help will be appreciated!
Original post by ilovecake123
Hi,
Does anyone know whether cambridge or oxford allow you to re apply next year?
Thanks
Any help will be appreciated!

They do.
Original post by Plagioclase
They do.

Yay! If I dont get in this year I have a shot next year! Is there anything different about the admissions process if you have achieved A levels? Also do you know whether they mind you retaking modules?
Original post by ilovecake123
Yay! If I dont get in this year I have a shot next year! Is there anything different about the admissions process if you have achieved A levels? Also do you know whether they mind you retaking modules?

The main difference with a post-A2 application is that if you get an offer, it will be unconditional. Other than that there's not a huge amount of difference as far as I'm aware. Obviously it's better if you don't retake modules but as long as you're only retaking a few modules (or you have extenuating circumstances), it should be fine. What's probably not fine is someone who has retaken loads of exams, without a good justification.
Original post by Plagioclase
The main difference with a post-A2 application is that if you get an offer, it will be unconditional. Other than that there's not a huge amount of difference as far as I'm aware. Obviously it's better if you don't retake modules but as long as you're only retaking a few modules (or you have extenuating circumstances), it should be fine. What's probably not fine is someone who has retaken loads of exams, without a good justification.

Ahhh, thats great thanks!
Original post by Edminzodo
The Cambridge one is up already . . . ! And here is the general 2016 thread for applying to university http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3371681

Fill in the form below to be added to the stalking page. Contact Eux to make any changes.

Form-
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BoozasmAXM1YiDKqzyJJM9GmsPaEyl4NqDLExFcoGIY/viewform?usp=send_form

Stalking page-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VudSVlk7HQD5ujZo6ZPL6pWQCahoPUFS9HwEtW5ARI/edit?usp=sharing

Copy and paste this and fill it in below!

GCSE grades:
A-Levels:
Course:
College:

Mine is:

GCSE grades: -
A-Levels: -
Course: Oriental Studies
College: The Queen's College

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE grades: 7 A's 1B 2C's
A-Levels: A A B
Course: Psychology
College: Mulberry
Original post by Renewhj
Applying to the same course here:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool. Which college?
Original post by SteampunkNerd
Yeh I submitted mine so close to the deadline!!! Never again!! What are you applying for??

English and French, you ?
I swear ! :biggrin:
Original post by shahanne
GCSE grades: 7 A's 1B 2C's
A-Levels: A A B
Course: Psychology
College: Mulberry

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Does anyone know when Brasenose lawyers can expect a rejection/interview invitation? The waiting is horrible :-(
Did anybody not receive an email confirmation from the college after saying whether they wanted Skype or fly over to Oxford? I replied 2 days ago but I never received an email back from the college.
Original post by james3254
me! for law :smile: what are you applying for? did you go to the open day in september?

I've also applied to Harris Manchester College for Law (Senior Status) as an International Student :smile:
No luck yet either hearing about an interview ..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ForeignStudent32
Did anybody not receive an email confirmation from the college after saying whether they wanted Skype or fly over to Oxford? I replied 2 days ago but I never received an email back from the college.

I got one from Balliol saying thank you for letting them know the same day. Might just vary from college to college.
@BrasenoseAdm Does all colleges confirm the applicant's email for preferred interview option or reply to the applicant's email?
Original post by rosiehhirrs
Hey other Canadian!! It seems we are both applying for Biological sciences. Good luck with your interview! I literally no-one else applying to Oxford in Toronto at least.

Oh lol I'm also from Toronto. I'm actually applying for PPE (I meant I'm also international). Hopefully we'll see each other on the plane over for our interviews. :smile:
Oh lol I'm also from Toronto. I'm actually applying for PPE (I meant I'm also international). Hopefully we'll see each other on the plane over for our interviews. :smile:

Did they reply to your interview preference?

Latest

Trending

Trending