The Student Room Group

MACH Graduate Programme 2016

Hi guys. Sorry if I'm repeating a thread but I couldn't find one for MACH.

Who's applying this year? How are you getting on?

I've applied for the business services stream and I got through to the video interview. I have 3 days to do it though which is good :smile:

Anyone know the questions that come up and where I can find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sent in my application for the Technical stream just over a week ago and got an email today saying I have passed the video interview stage :smile:

I actually found the video interview stage easier than I anticipated. The interactive interview has 8 questions to answer, 30 seconds to prepare, and up to two minutes to answer each question but you are not expected to use the whole two minutes each time. There is no actual interviewer so if you haven't done one of these interviews before I suggest doing the practice questions a few times to be familiar with it. Hopefully you find this useful and best of luck!
Hey Fumi (you Nigerian?)

I did the video interview today and I think I really messed it up man. Honestly I was just so anxious and I had tech problems so had to redo two questions and didn't do much better. So worried I repeated myself a lot also to make use of the time.

Well done to you though! Do you know how many people they're taking on this year? What's next for you now? What date is a assessment centres
Reply 3
Video interviews can seem awkward but don't worry too much about it! Hopefully you have done good enough to make the next stage :smile:

For sales and business there are approximately 30 roles which makes the scheme extremely competitive! Furthermore they must have done an internal process for their placement students so it is hard to say for sure how many people they are taking on.

The stage after is a Skype interview so you are actually speaking with someone, presumably from HR, and I guess they ask questions such as why you want to join, what do you know about Microsoft, etc. They haven't scheduled a date for me so I am assuming they are handling a lot of applications right now. In terms of assessment centres I believe they would have them in December but it is very possible they may hold some later this month. I think they have slightly changed the hiring process from previous years so I am not 100% sure! Just going off what I can find on the internet and on the beyourfuture blog :smile:

PS. I'm not Nigerian unfortunately, but I get that question a lot! :P
Reply 4
Hey guys, I've applied for the sales role and have a Skype interview this week. I had technical problems during the interview as well so don't worry too much about that.
Original post by Ben Hunt
Hey guys, I've applied for the sales role and have a Skype interview this week. I had technical problems during the interview as well so don't worry too much about that.

Hey yeah I have a Skype interview too got through to the next round :smile:
Reply 6
Congratulations both of you for making it to the next stage! Do either of you have a Skype interview on Thursday or Friday? I have mine on the 13th which I'm kind of nervous about but best of luck to you both :smile:
Original post by Fumi
Congratulations both of you for making it to the next stage! Do either of you have a Skype interview on Thursday or Friday? I have mine on the 13th which I'm kind of nervous about but best of luck to you both :smile:

Hello!
Congratulations to everyone.

I have a Skype interview scheduled on the 20th :smile:
I'm worried because mine is one of the last thats gonna be more pressure and there's less spaces or something.

How are you preparing Fumi?
What do you think the answers are gonna be on
Reply 8
Hey, I have mine on the 13th as well. Good luck to both of you.
Thank you Ben all the best keep us updated with your progress ❤️
Reply 10
Original post by MelissaJuniper
Hello!

I'm worried because mine is one of the last thats gonna be more pressure and there's less spaces or something.

Hey Melissa, I did my Skype interview earlier and the whole experience was surprisingly good. The interview was to go over my application and motivations for applying to Microsoft. I was asked a couple questions regarding my stream so make sure you are prepared to answer why you went for the business services!

The woman interviewing me said all the applications will be considered and people should be informed at least one week before the assessment centre date. She said the AC will be on the 15th of December but I'm not sure if that is for the Technical stream only.

Good luck with your Skype interview!
Hello!

Hey Melissa,

The interview is really chilled, it felt more like a conversation about Microsoft rather than a bunch of questions and answers. Repeating what Fumi said just make sure you have a couple of answers prepared about your particular role as I was asked a couple. Otherwise it's a really good experience.
Reply 12
Hey Melissa,

The interview is really chilled, it felt more like a conversation about Microsoft rather than a bunch of questions and answers. Repeating what Fumi said just make sure you have a couple of answers prepared about your particular role as I was asked a couple. Otherwise it's a really good experience.

Hey Ben just out of curiosity did your interviewer mention any AC dates? I'm thinking a lot people get eliminated after the Skype interview stage since mine said there is only one date so far and this whole process seems a bit too easy, especially for such a competitive programme. Also best of luck and hopefully we will all make it to the AC! :h:
Original post by Fumi
Hey Ben just out of curiosity did your interviewer mention any AC dates? I'm thinking a lot people get eliminated after the Skype interview stage since mine said there is only one date so far and this whole process seems a bit too easy, especially for such a competitive programme. Also best of luck and hopefully we will all make it to the AC! :h:

Another thing wasnt the application deadline Nov 15? So some people haven't even gotten to application stage yet?
How many people are they taking on per stream does anyone know
Thanks everyone for your advice :smile:
So anxious I really hope it goes well.
Another thing wasnt the application deadline Nov 15? So some people haven't even gotten to application stage yet?

Hey, my interviewer said something about it being during the week commencing the 14th December she didn't say when. Yh the deadline was yesterday so there could be some late applications although they might just reject them automatically if the interviewers already have enough candidates to interview. I did see 50 somewhere but i'm not sure whether that was in total or for each stream.
Reply 16

Thanks everyone for your advice :smile:
So anxious I really hope it goes well.

Yeah the deadline closed on Sunday! No idea how many people will make it through the next stages but we are all just going to have to wait and see what happens. I read somewhere there are 30 roles.. I'm not entirely sure if that is per stream or for all the streams but basically it is competitive as there aren't that many spaces. Good luck with your interview, I'm sure it will go great :smile:

Hey, my interviewer said something about it being during the week commencing the 14th December she didn't say when. Yh the deadline was yesterday so there could be some late applications although they might just reject them automatically if the interviewers already have enough candidates to interview. I did see 50 somewhere but i'm not sure whether that was in total or for each stream.

Dang guess there is only one AC date at the moment. Wonder how many spaces there are... best of luck to everyone and hopefully we find out results relatively soon :smile:
Hey guys
Just had my video interview.
I definitely blew one question but I hope the others make up for it. Thought I spoke too much also.
Christ.
She also said the whole application would be reviewed again so I hope hope hope the strength of my written and video app makes up for it all.

She told me the assessment centre is December 11th so I'm guessing that means there's more than one as I doubt it would make sense have different streams in one day.

Keep me posted guys! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hey!

I applied for the Business Services stream and had my Skype interview a few weeks ago - we should find out about the AC this week (before 3.12 which would be 7 days before the AC)! Very hard to tell how it went, it was definitely a positive experience no matter what outcome I receive! I wonder how many people they will be taking on to the AC, and how many had Skype interviews.

Anyone else heard anything since the automated e-mail thanking you for your participation and you are under review? If I haven't heard anything in 7 days time I will phone up and ask! Apparently they are still interviewing people (based on the fact a friend had his on Friday just past).

Good luck all
Reply 19
Original post by Clomper
Hey!

I applied for the Business Services stream and had my Skype interview a few weeks ago - we should find out about the AC this week (before 3.12 which would be 7 days before the AC)! Very hard to tell how it went, it was definitely a positive experience no matter what outcome I receive! I wonder how many people they will be taking on to the AC, and how many had Skype interviews.

Anyone else heard anything since the automated e-mail thanking you for your participation and you are under review? If I haven't heard anything in 7 days time I will phone up and ask! Apparently they are still interviewing people (based on the fact a friend had his on Friday just past).

Good luck all

Hey Clomper, congratulations for making it to the Skype interview stage. It definitely is hard to gauge how well it went or not because it was more relaxed than other interviews! From what I read in previous years there were ten people at the assessment centre. No idea how many Skype interviews they had but I imagine quite a few. When I needed to book a slot there was around 12 to pick from across two days...

I actually haven't received any kind of automated e-mail after my Skype interview. Not sure if I should be worried about that but they also made a mistake in the past emailing me saying I needed to send my application when I already did.

Good luck with your application and hopefully you have made it to the next stage! I don't find out till at least the 8th so I have to wait a while :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending