The Student Room Group

help with personal statement

in my application i have chosen maths, engineering, and computer games design. because i have chosen different courses, i dont know how to write my statement without linking to heavily to particular courses. has anyone got any ideas on what i can put?
This is extremely tough.Universities are likely to reject you because your personal statement will be focused on all of the three courses you've mentioned.Pick one course mate
@Plagioclase and @Minerva will help you out further
Original post by Hudspeth
in my application i have chosen maths, engineering, and computer games design. because i have chosen different courses, i dont know how to write my statement without linking to heavily to particular courses. has anyone got any ideas on what i can put?

Don't do that, you cannot write a personal statement to encompass all of those courses. If you're in a position where you can't decide between Maths, Engineering and Computer Games Design, you've not done enough research into what those courses actually involve. Have you actually gone through the modules to see what you'll actually be studying? Do you realise that there's a pretty huge difference between the way that pure Mathematics is taught at University to how it's taught in Secondary School?

What exactly do you want from your degree? What are you trying to do with it?
Original post by Hudspeth

If you will decide to apply to all 3 of these courses (although I would recommend you to be selecting) then write 3 personal statements to each subject.
Reply 4
Original post by Igor_Sukhorukov
If you will decide to apply to all 3 of these courses (although I would recommend you to be selecting) then write 3 personal statements to each subject.
Except that he can only submit one via UCAS, and all his choices will see it.
Original post by Minerva
Except that he can only submit one via UCAS, and all his choices will see it.

What if he applies directly through the university website, but not via UCAS?
Reply 6
i'd get if you applied to do computer science and computing

or like maths and maths with computer science

but that's just impossible m8 sorry
Reply 7
Original post by Igor_Sukhorukov
What if he applies directly through the university website, but not via UCAS?
All undergraduate applications go through UCAS at this stage; there is no other way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending