The Student Room Group

Biomedical/Medical Science at Uni

Just wanted to start a thread for anyone considering doing biomedical/medical science at university. I'm considering Lincoln and Oxford Brookes as these are my top choices. This can be a good opportunity to discuss entry requirements and thoughts on the courses and unis! :-)
Hey! I'm also applying for biomed

I've applied to KCL, QML, UCL, Imperial and Cardiff
They've got really high standards tho :shock: lowest entry requirements are ABB haha
Original post by Margareter
Hey! I'm also applying for biomed

I've applied to KCL, QML, UCL, Imperial and Cardiff
They've got really high standards tho :shock: lowest entry requirements are ABB haha

Ah okay! Lincoln is BBB as are quite a few others. Believe it or not Oxford Brookes is BBC-BCC :-)
Original post by ben1gregoriou
Ah okay! Lincoln is BBB as are quite a few others. Believe it or not Oxford Brookes is BBC-BCC :-)

Awesome! Have you considered anywhere else? Also is Lincoln your top choice?:smile:
Reply 4
I applied to study Biomedical science (2016) at Lincoln and I got an unconditional offer from there eventhough my AS grades were not that great. The course content at Lincoln looks really interesting too. :smile:
Original post by Mubina
I applied to study Biomedical science (2016) at Lincoln and I got an unconditional offer from there eventhough my AS grades were not that great. The course content at Lincoln looks really interesting too. :smile:

Oh really! Well done that's great! Can I ask what your AS grades and your expected grades were for A2 just so I can compare mine? Might have some hope then haha :-)
Original post by Margareter
Awesome! Have you considered anywhere else? Also is Lincoln your top choice?:smile:

Yeah my choices are:

1. Lincoln
2. Oxford Brookes
3. Aston
4. Nottingham
5. Warwick

:-)
Reply 7
Hi! I'm applying for Biomedical Science at Aston, Brunel, Lincoln, De Montfort, and Coventry.
It says 300 points on the Lincoln website - I already have a D at A2 in Photography which is 60 points, does this mean I could get CCC and still get into lincoln? seeing as a C is 80 points. :smile:
Reply 8
Oh really! Well done that's great! Can I ask what your AS grades and your expected grades were for A2 just so I can compare mine? Might have some hope then haha :-)

Thanks! I did Politics, Chem, History and Biology at AS and got A,E,C,C and I dropped chemistry, so my predicted grades this year are ABB. I believe that Lincoln look at your GCSE grades, personal statement and experience more when giving out unconditional offers cz at first I got a conditional offer,then they revised it based on GCSE's etc....that's what it said on the email. Good luck to you!! =)
Original post by emsyp6
Hi! I'm applying for Biomedical Science at Aston, Brunel, Lincoln, De Montfort, and Coventry.
It says 300 points on the Lincoln website - I already have a D at A2 in Photography which is 60 points, does this mean I could get CCC and still get into lincoln? seeing as a C is 80 points. :smile:

I'm not sure but I think you need at least 80 points - C for Biology and/or Chemistry at A2. What other subjects are you doing?
Original post by Mubina
Thanks! I did Politics, Chem, History and Biology at AS and got A,E,C,C and I dropped chemistry, so my predicted grades this year are ABB. I believe that Lincoln look at your GCSE grades, personal statement and experience more when giving out unconditional offers cz at first I got a conditional offer,then they revised it based on GCSE's etc....that's what it said on the email. Good luck to you!! =)

Thank you! Last year was the worst year ever - I took Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and English Literature and got CDDU so dropped Chemistry. But my A2 predicted grades are BBC. My GCSEs were mostly A's and I've worked really hard on my personal statement etc. I've just sent off my UCAS form to my referee so it should be sent off to universities within the next week. 😁😁😁 Good luck to you too! ☺️☺️☺️
Reply 11
I'm not sure but I think you need at least 80 points - C for Biology and/or Chemistry at A2. What other subjects are you doing?

Maths & English - got B's in both.
I was really disappointed with Biology but i'm retaking one of the exams so hopefully should get it to a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending