The Student Room Group

Arabs of TSR,do you guys watch musalsal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
love how i wasn't tagged -_-

i only watched Noor and Muhannad

and i'm not too crazy on baab al 5ara

my mum is all about the musalsalaat lol

also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e6ya-lnBNQ

omg r u arab?
Reply 21
Original post by queen-bee
I'm so sorry.

Noor and mohannad was every girl's show. He was so hot!

haha no problemo

and yes everytime that fool 3abdeen was on the screen the entire family was spitting at the TV X'D

we were super into that

and omAGAWSH MUHANNAD

Reply 22
Original post by z33
haha no problemo

and yes everytime that fool 3abdeen was on the screen the entire family was spitting at the TV X'D

we were super into that

and omAGAWSH MUHANNAD

I still fancy him so much til this very day. Be my hubby mohannad <3
Reply 23
Original post by Ahmed766
Technically no, I'm North African :wink:

So youre either Arab or Berber?
Reply 24
“Bent Esmaha Zaat” (A Girl Called Zaat).

I dont watch many musalsalat because they're often too cliche or ignorant but this one is a must watch.

"Zaat” is a multi-generational story of a middle class Egyptian family that lives in Cairo. The first episode is on July 23rd 1952, the same day that King Farouk is ousted by the military, Zaat is born. Her father names her Zaat Elhema, to represent the nobility and determination of a new era. The series pulls you in on the evolution of the family, their neighbors, their district and interlaces it with the political changes of the country.The subtlety and the intricacy of the consequences of these political changes shows how Sonallah Ibrahim truly understands Egyptian society as a whole. Each episode includes non-fiction scenes of the times, along with the music and the movies of the times.The struggles that Zaat faces from the time she is born, trying to find her place in society, happen in parallel with Egypt’s struggle to find a new identity, under Nasser, then Sadat, and Mubarak. The tragedies facing both the country and Zaat are endless, and it seems like both their fates continue to jump over hurdles.One of the main themes addressed in “Zaat” is the shrinking of the middle class which forces many like Zaat’s brother to immigrate because they feel they are no longer able to fulfill their dreams in Egypt. This becomes the second wave of immigration. The first one being after the nationalization of the Suez Canal, when most of the foreigners and Egyptian Jews felt the mass xenophobia.The repercussions and disassociation of immigration are then evaluated after 9/11 when Hassan’s son decides to return to Egypt. The remaining of the middle class who do not immigrate are unable to sustain the financial realities and many attempt to find work in Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. This creates a rift in many families because the men work and live apart from their families, even this model becomes unsustainable for many when Iraq invades Kuwait.
Original post by saeed97
So youre either Arab or Berber?

I'm from Egypt bruh..
Reply 26
I'm from Egypt bruh..

its considered caucasian by the U.S

i was applying for universities and they asked me about my race/ethnicity and I didnt know what to do , they literally had :

1.Asian
2.Native
3. Black / African
4. Caucasian/European
5. Oceania

and they all felt so wrong because they put 'africa'(I would have clicked it) and 'black' together and I wasnt black so I contacted them , they told me to click caucasian and that under the law egypt is considered white.
Original post by Attics
its considered caucasian by the U.S

i was applying for universities and they asked me about my race/ethnicity and I didnt know what to do , they literally had :

1.Asian
2.Native
3. Black / African
4. Caucasian/European
5. Oceania

and they all felt so wrong because they put 'africa'(I would have clicked it) and 'black' together and I wasnt black so I contacted them , they told me to click caucasian and that under the law egypt is considered white.

@Hasan_Ahmed I told you so.
LOL that's such bull****, there's no ethnic connection between Egyptians or any caucasian ethnic group apart from when Alexander the Great invaded and the Ptolemy Pharoahs ruled, or when the Achaemenid Persians invaded, and they hardly left any genetic legacy.... PFFFT. Perceived race is so retarded... Omg.
Reply 29
North Africa >
Reply 30
Original post by samina_ay
omg r u arab?

yes
Reply 31
I'm from Egypt bruh..

Arab it is then :biggrin:
Reply 32
Have any of you seen Al Ard Al Tayyiba?
fam used to watch the turkish drama that had arabic translation also...Gumus/Noora
سنوات الضياع و نور و بس

Family watch some Egyptian ones but I'm not about that life
like كيد النساء و العراف
The Arabic xfactor is my guilty pleasure 😁
كيف حالك عساج بخير
Musalsal = singular
*Musalsalat = plural
OMG :rofl: I FORGOT TO MENTION THE BEST ONE.... I watch Al Kabeer!! Sometimes it's not funny though because I'm Sa3eedy and he takes it too far :dry:
Reply 39
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
LOL that's such bull****, there's no ethnic connection between Egyptians or any caucasian ethnic group apart from when Alexander the Great invaded and the Ptolemy Pharoahs ruled, or when the Achaemenid Persians invaded, and they hardly left any genetic legacy.... PFFFT. Perceived race is so retarded... Omg.

actually there is
but it also pretty much depends on what part of egypt you hail from.(obviously you wont have european genes if you're from aswan)

19% Maghreb
37% Europe
30% Near East
14% Sub-saharan

Quick Reply

Latest