The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Maths at UCL

I really want to go to UCL to study maths but I didn't put enough effort into my GCSEs and I got A* in maths 2 A's, 6 B's and a C. If I get 4 A's at AS level in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chem with 95+ UMS in the maths modules and got predicted above the entry requirements. Would my GCSEs stop me from getting a offer or even being considered. Also I saw on which? university website that 75% of applicants get an offer at UCL for maths. This seems quite high and it said 98% for warwick! Is this really true?
Original post by sandy16
I really want to go to UCL to study maths but I didn't put enough effort into my GCSEs and I got A* in maths 2 A's, 6 B's and a C. If I get 4 A's at AS level in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chem with 95+ UMS in the maths modules and got predicted above the entry requirements. Would my GCSEs stop me from getting a offer or even being considered. Also I saw on which? university website that 75% of applicants get an offer at UCL for maths. This seems quite high and it said 98% for warwick! Is this really true?

Apparently so. I'm interested in studying maths in a few years ( in yr 11 atm) so did a bit of research to see what a levels I should do . The only GCSE that really matters for maths is .. well .. maths. You got an A* in it which obviously shows you're good . Plus if you get 4As at AS I'd say you'd be guaranteed to get offers from both Warwick and UCL (ps are you doing STEP?)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad
Apparently so. I'm interested in studying maths in a few years ( in yr 11 atm) so did a bit of research to see what a levels I should do . The only GCSE that really matters for maths is .. well .. maths. You got an A* in it which obviously shows you're good . Plus if you get 4As at AS I'd say you'd be guaranteed to get offers from both Warwick and UCL (ps are you doing STEP?)

Yeah I'm going to do it next year (year 13). Thats when your supposed to do it, right?
Original post by sandy16
Yeah I'm going to do it next year (year 13). Thats when your supposed to do it, right?

I'm only yr 11 but I think so yeah. The first kid ever from my school to do STEP is doing it this year (he's year 13) so I assume that's when. I just asked as Warwick requires it so wondered whether you were aware of that! But anyway , dw about ur gcses they'll be fine. Your AS s are way more important

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending