The Student Room Group

where is good for Business Management?

I have nine universities that i am interested in but i obviously need to narrow it down to 5. my nine are:
Edinburgh Napier
Heriot-Watt
Stirling
Robert Gordon
Lancaster
Queens University, Belfast
Northumbria
Aberdeen
Newcastle
Any advice would be appreciated!
Reply 1
The most reputable on your list are: Newcastle, Aberdeen, QUB and Lancaster. I am assuming that they will all have similar entry requirements. So you will probably need one insurance one with lowest requirements...I think Herriot-Watt is best from all the rest.
Original post by afr09
I have nine universities that i am interested in but i obviously need to narrow it down to 5. my nine are:
Edinburgh Napier
Heriot-Watt
Stirling
Robert Gordon
Lancaster
Northumbria
Aberdeen
Newcastle

In addition to alexkol very helpful advice, you need to take into account course content, facilities and location. And wherever you choose work experience is cruical too.
I second Alexkol. Lancaster, Newcastle, QUB are excellent. Heriott-Watt and Stirling also have good management degrees but the universities are not as well reputed.
Original post by afr09
Edinburgh Napier
Heriot-Watt
Stirling
Robert Gordon
Lancaster
Northumbria
Aberdeen
Newcastle

Hi guys,

I thought I would jump in here to say hello and also to offer any advice.

afr09 - delighted we have made your short/long list. I know it is not easy to make these very big decisions. I work in the recruitment team at Heriot-Watt so feel free to ask me any questions.

When I was deciding on my university course I narrowed down my choices by looking at the most important factors (to me), which was what is covered on the course and where the uni is located. Once I had these factors it was easier for me to shortlist.

If you are seriously considering HW as an option have a look at the following link to find out about our Business courses. http://www.undergraduate.hw.ac.uk/programmes/N202/

One of the interesting facts about our Business course is that our students are offered a year abroad in their 3rd year. We have actually just sent some students to our brand new Malaysia campus this year. Early reports from the students that are over there is that they are loving it!

Let me know how you get on.
Cheers,
Keir
Hi afr90,

I am a third year student studying Marketing Management within Edinburgh Napier University. My course covers a lot of modules that are studied within the Business Management degree. I would like to point out how much I am enjoying my time at Napier.

The business school campus at Craiglockart is amazing! The modules are relevant to my degree that are enjoyable where I have learnt transferable skills (e.g. presentation skills and group work) that I can use after University. We have enthusiastic teachers and lecturers that care about you passing.

I am about to start a 6 month supervised work experience that is part of my degree, which is a great opportunity to gain experience of working in a business environment. I am looking forward to use the theory I have learnt within the uni into practice. This placement opportunity will be given to you also if you study business management within Napier. I think this is valuable experience and will be an advantage to when I graduate in finding a job. This was a main factor pulling me toward Edinburgh Napier.

I know this is a hard decision as I have been in your shoes, however, I do not regret choosing Edinburgh Napier. Hope this has helped with your decision.

Thanks,
Laura
Reply 6
Original post by lauraanderson
Hi afr90,

I am a third year student studying Marketing Management within Edinburgh Napier University. My course covers a lot of modules that are studied within the Business Management degree. I would like to point out how much I am enjoying my time at Napier.

The business school campus at Craiglockart is amazing! The modules are relevant to my degree that are enjoyable where I have learnt transferable skills (e.g. presentation skills and group work) that I can use after University. We have enthusiastic teachers and lecturers that care about you passing.

I am about to start a 6 month supervised work experience that is part of my degree, which is a great opportunity to gain experience of working in a business environment. I am looking forward to use the theory I have learnt within the uni into practice. This placement opportunity will be given to you also if you study business management within Napier. I think this is valuable experience and will be an advantage to when I graduate in finding a job. This was a main factor pulling me toward Edinburgh Napier.

I know this is a hard decision as I have been in your shoes, however, I do not regret choosing Edinburgh Napier. Hope this has helped with your decision.

Thanks,
Laura

Is this a new way for Edinburgh Napier to attract students, through undercover "student" profiles? :nutcase:
Original post by alexkol
Is this a new way for Edinburgh Napier to attract students, through undercover "student" profiles? :nutcase:

No, I am a real student just giving my opinion on my University and course :smile:.
Hiya, I have just been reading this thread and believe I may have some information which may help you all or at least give you another option, apologies if not.Just thought I would write a quick post about my experience with the sponsored degree I have just completed.
It was with a company called CGI who are a massive company and they paid for my degree in full and also have a starting salary of £14k which increases every year (providing you don't fail of course). I received a first class degree in Business Management and I know they also now offer an IT degree as well if that suits you more.
I would definitely recommend completing a sponsored degree as you end up debt free, receive a nice salary and also gain valid work experience. Also I know they now offer a higher apprenticeship as well so that maybe something you want to look at to give yourself another option?

Any questions, feel free to ask. Just thought it would be useful giving you a quick snapshot of how I found the degree
Original post by afr09
Edinburgh Napier
Heriot-Watt
Stirling
Robert Gordon
Lancaster
Northumbria
Aberdeen
Newcastle

richmond is good as well in london im applying their
Original post by lauraanderson
No, I am a real student just giving my opinion on my University and course :smile:.

Ok, that was a really good review of your course then :wink:
Thank you for that information you have provided Rebecca.
Here at CGI we not only offer the Sponsored Degree Programme which Rebecca has completed, but we also offer Apprenticeships, Industrial Placement and Graduate Opportunities and are actively recruiting.
For more information please visit our profile on The Student Room (Link below):http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15597-CGI-Recruiter-Profile-School-Leavers
Or feel free to contact a member of our recruitment team at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: @CGI_UK_Students
Like us on Facebook: CGI UK Students
Whatsapp us: +447717356740
Visit us: www.cgi-group.co.uk/careers/school-and-college-leavers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending