The Student Room Group

Private Parking Fine... Ignore or Appeal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i<3milkshake
You post on here every night? But you said it was a one off shift? So why would you posting on here be relevant to a one off shift in any way? Moving on from this lie;
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. I tried to help you and you seem to have some kind of issues stemming from insecurities.

Sounds to me like it was you. You could easily have said right at the start that;
"I know someone who". And then replace all the bold with "they" or "they have".

So again, rather than lying about some job, rather than lying about it being you, how about you take the help that you asked for?

Uhhhh I know I've embarrassed you in quite a few threads really but this is just desperate! like I said at the time I believed it to be easier to simply say it was me rather than someone else! And I've already said, they have already sorted it out and had the invoice squashed so you need not worry :biggrin:
Note that following the Supreme Court decision in Beavis v ParkingEye, it's become unlikely that people will find it so easy to quash such tickets. They have ruled that it isn't a penalty and it is commercially justifiable to charge £85 for over staying in car parks.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Uhhhh I know I've embarrassed you in quite a few threads really but this is just desperate! like I said at the time I believed it to be easier to simply say it was me rather than someone else! And I've already said, they have already sorted it out and had the invoice squashed so you need not worry :biggrin:

Is your insecurity around the fact that your IT job can't be real if this is what you are doing? I mean you seem REALLY fixated on this whole it was my "friend" thing. Look, my advice can equally apply to your "friend" then, no need to attack me for giving it to you.

Yep, I am so embarrassed from the result of this thread, it has turned out like all the other ones I have ever seen you on-it seems to follow a pattern;
1) Someone posts a normal comment
2) You start throwing insults around like mad.
3) You start lying and it gets shown up.

So I say again, I am sorry if you are insecure about this whole "I", my "friend", thing. My advice equally applies to them as it does to you. I have no idea why my suggestion of how to explain the problem if it was really from the viewpoint of a friend angered you so, but I apologise for the insecurities it brought up.
Original post by Zerforax
Note that following the Supreme Court decision in Beavis v ParkingEye, it's become unlikely that people will find it so easy to quash such tickets. They have ruled that it isn't a penalty and it is commercially justifiable to charge £85 for over staying in car parks.

This. What the rules state is complicated but £85 falls well within the requirements (it follows the same contract law as one would expect in the UK). It is best to simply ask the store for help or pay up. It may be tough for you but that is life-learn from it and never get another parking ticket. It has been a lesson for me anyway!
Is your insecurity around the fact that your IT job can't be real if this is what you are doing? I mean you seem REALLY fixated on this whole it was my "friend" thing. Look, my advice can equally apply to your "friend" then, no need to attack me for giving it to you.

Yep, I am so embarrassed from the result of this thread, it has turned out like all the other ones I have ever seen you on-it seems to follow a pattern;
1) Someone posts a normal comment
2) You start throwing insults around like mad.
3) You start lying and it gets shown up.

So I say again, I am sorry if you are insecure about this whole "I", my "friend", thing. My advice equally applies to them as it does to you. I have no idea why my suggestion of how to explain the problem if it was really from the viewpoint of a friend angered you so, but I apologise for the insecurities it brought up.

Well no, because you were clearly, and still are, insinuating that I'm lying.

Are you really suggesting that you haven't...

1) Someone posts a normal comment2) You start throwing insults around like mad.3) You start lying and it gets shown up.
?

Because lets be honest I've already publicly outed you for doing such things. In fact I could probably find 10 threads of you doing just that right now. I know you're still mad about me "bullying" :lol: you. I also think it's cute you're pretending (badly might I add) to be nice simply because you can't risk another report card maybe :biggrin: Don't worry, I'm sure ill get a few more outbursts out of you. I will say though that your advice about informing the company isn't actually too bad. That's what they did to resolve it!
This. What the rules state is complicated but £85 falls well within the requirements (it follows the same contract law as one would expect in the UK). It is best to simply ask the store for help or pay up. It may be tough for you but that is life-learn from it and never get another parking ticket. It has been a lesson for me anyway!

Well this new decision only came out a few days ago. Previously the law was stated as a penalty in a contract is unenforceable and many interpreted what ParkingEye were doing as imposing a penalty.

Yes going into the store with your receipt can be a good way to have the store to ring up the car park operator and have it cancelled.

ParkingEye have had some crushing court losses too. And that was in England, never mind Scotland where they wouldn't even bother attempting to take it to court. I advised the person to simply ignore the letters because that is the general advice giving to those living in Scotland. But he simply told the company who own it and they dealt with it. So it all worked out.
(edited 8 years ago)
ParkingEye have had some crushing court losses too. And that was in England, never mind Scotland where they wouldn't even bother attempting to take it to court. I advised the person to simply ignore the letters because that is the general advice giving to those living in Scotland. But he simply told the company who own it and they dealt with it. So it all worked out.

Maybe in the past but you can't ignore what the Supreme Court says since it is the highest court in the land..

Prior to like 2009, the advice used to be to ignore the letters.
Since then it was always to dispute the decision with them and then appeal to POPLA.

Not sure if appealing to POPLA will work with the new decision.
Well this new decision only came out a few days ago. Previously the law was stated as a penalty in a contract is unenforceable and many interpreted what ParkingEye were doing as imposing a penalty.

Yes going into the store with your receipt can be a good way to have the store to ring up the car park operator and have it cancelled.

it always amazes me how they managed to get away for so long with such a scam to be honest. At least in this case the store helped the OP. A bit cheeky working £70 and paying £100 for the privilege.

Well no, because you were clearly, and still are, insinuating that I'm lying.

Are you really suggesting that you haven't...

1) Someone posts a normal comment2) You start throwing insults around like mad.3) You start lying and it gets shown up.
?

Because lets be honest I've already publicly outed you for doing such things. In fact I could probably find 10 threads of you doing just that right now. I know you're still mad about me "bullying" :lol: you. I also think it's cute you're pretending (badly might I add) to be nice simply because you can't risk another report card maybe :biggrin: Don't worry, I'm sure ill get a few more outbursts out of you. I will say though that your advice about informing the company isn't actually too bad. That's what they did to resolve it!

On other threads you have said people are too much of a "hoe" to go to church (Queen-bee). Your can try and insult me as much as you like, I know you just deliberately try and troll people. This thread shows how you just insult people for no reason;
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3694881&page=3

Come on, the only person who has gone mad is you:tongue: and the conspiracy theories...best not even mention them.
Try and be sensible and polite, no calling people hoes and trying to tell them they can't go to church, no swearing at people, no lying, basic stuff:smile:

I am glad that my advice worked for you:smile: just make sure if you work there again to park somewhere else or ask them where they expect you to park. Even if this fine was overturned you don't want the hassle of getting the next one overturned as well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Maybe in the past but you can't ignore what the Supreme Court says since it is the highest court in the land..

Prior to like 2009, the advice used to be to ignore the letters.
Since then it was always to dispute the decision with them and then appeal to POPLA.

Not sure if appealing to POPLA will work with the new decision.

In Scotland there's no legal obligation to tell them who was driving the car at the time of the penalty. So as long as one or more people are insured on your car you're fine.
In Scotland there's no legal obligation to tell them who was driving the car at the time of the penalty. So as long as one or more people are insured on your car you're fine.

Ah didn't know you were in Scotland. Good job in getting out of it!

I managed to appeal one a few years ago and was pretty chuffed with myself :colondollar:
it always amazes me how they managed to get away for so long with such a scam to be honest. At least in this case the store helped the OP. A bit cheeky working £70 and paying £100 for the privilege.

On other threads you have said people are too much of a "hoe" to go to church (Queen-bee). Your can try and insult me as much as you like, I know you just deliberately try and troll people. This thread shows how you just insult people for no reason;
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3694881&page=3

Come on, the only person who has gone mad is you:tongue: and the conspiracy theories...best not even mention them.
Try and be sensible and polite, no calling people hoes and trying to tell them they can't go to church, no swearing at people, no lying, basic stuff:smile:

I am glad that my advice worked for you:smile: just make sure if you work there again to park somewhere else or ask them where they expect you to park. Even if this fine was overturned you don't want the hassle of getting the next one overturned as well.

I don't know why you keep referencing that thread. I fully acknowledge that I was trolling there! Doesn't mean I troll 24/7 :P

I'll make a deal with you. If you become sensible and polite, without making fun of people for being old on a student forum, no swearing at people or lying then I too will change my ways :smile:
Private car parks can only charge you on the basis of lose in profit. (what money they could of lost from you taking up a space for that amount of time)
how much did the car park cost? if it didn't cost anything or a small amount say £6.00 all day , I would appeal on the grounds the fines does not meet the relative costs they lost and offer a tenner.

I had a similar parking fine of a company called smart parking - stayed 2 and a half minutes over the "grace period" and got a £100 fine. I asked them to prove the profit loss, they soon retracted their fine.

check out forums like peepio (think that's how you spell it put it into Google) and put something like paring fines they will help you construct and appeal. you'll also be able to find out a bit more about the company there as I'm sure they're pretty notorious
Original post by mcgreevy1993
Private car parks can only charge you on the basis of lose in profit. (what money they could of lost from you taking up a space for that amount of time)
how much did the car park cost? if it didn't cost anything or a small amount say £6.00 all day , I would appeal on the grounds the fines does not meet the relative costs they lost and offer a tenner.

I had a similar parking fine of a company called smart parking - stayed 2 and a half minutes over the "grace period" and got a £100 fine. I asked them to prove the profit loss, they soon retracted their fine.

check out forums like peepio (think that's how you spell it put it into Google) and put something like paring fines they will help you construct and appeal. you'll also be able to find out a bit more about the company there as I'm sure they're pretty notorious

that advice is now superseded by the Supreme Court's decision.
I'd just ignore it, it's happened to me before and after I ignored they didn't say anything again after that and even if they did it would be a reminder of the fine and no further repercussions
Original post by domonict
that advice is now superseded by the Supreme Court's decision.

is this a new order? I only used this appealed in July and won.

(had to edit this)
just saw the article on it, in this case, since it's the same company that won, 9 hours over your paid allowance is probably justified for a £85, mine was only 2 and a half minutes...

I'd talk to your employer, see if the owner of the grounds who leases the land to parking eye can sway the fine. if not I wouldn't ignore it as suggested, these buggers can do serious damage to your credit rating
(edited 8 years ago)
Watch out if parking on private land signs like this have popped up locally threatening Parking Enforcement https://www.parkingenforcement.online Parked on A No Parking bay (Silly i know) now £60 down
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Mobile.pete
Watch out if parking on private land signs like this have popped up locally threatening Parking Enforcement www.parkingenforcement.online

Stop parking on people's land.

Quick Reply

Latest