The Student Room Group

Do you really need alcohol to have a 'good time' ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bumblebee342
No.

But I have a hell of a lot more fun in some places if I've been drinking.

Do you talk about a party, am I right?

Original post by Vanny17
No, you don't. I care too much about my renal organ to damage it on just having a 'good time'.

What about drinking alcohol to certain occasions? Christmas or new years eve for instances?
Original post by Kallisto

What about drinking alcohol to certain occasions? Christmas or new years eve for instances?

Don't drink at Christmas or on New years Eve. Don't feel the need for it.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Alcohol just comes part and parcel with certain social situations. No, you don't need alcohol to have fun doing 99% of hobbies or activities. No one has ever needed to get wasted to enjoy themselves while paintballing, watching a movie, or playing a sport.

But if we're talking bars/clubs, then yes, you more or less do need to be intoxicated for it to really be worth it. No way around it.
Original post by Katty3
Don't drink at Christmas or on New years Eve. Don't feel the need for it.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Respect! you have really a rigorous attitude to yourself in terms of drinking alcohol. Between ourselves: I don't really need it too, not even at Christas or New years eve. :wink:
Do you talk about a party, am I right?

I am a teetotal. I don't drink alcohol at all, no matter the occasion or seasonal/festive celebrations.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Vanny17
I am a teetotal. I don't drink alcohol at all, no matter the occasion or seasonal/festive celebrations.

What about another 'common' drinks like coffee or tea? do you don't drink them too?
What about another 'common' drinks like coffee or tea? do you don't drink them too?

No, I also don't drink tea or coffe either.
I personally don't like to drink alcohol and currently because of my medication I cannot drink it anyway.

This year at Uni I've been lucky enough to be housed with people that arn't too fond of drinking either. Some like to drink but they don't do excessively which is fine and they don't pressure anyone else to drink either. We have two of those "it's no fun till your black out drunk" kind of girls who complain we don't include them in flat activities though we have asked if they'd like to come out for a meal (Which was my birthday and I personally invited them myself) , watch films, play games and invited them to Hull fair last month. Otherwise no you do not need to drink alcohol to have a good time, nor do you need to take drugs.

There's always going out to the cinema, playing board games (We have monopoly nights once a week), ice skating , laser quest, playing video games that include lots of players like Smash Bros and guitar hero, paint ball, baking, and watching films in the flat . It really doesn't need that much of imagination to have a good time.
Original post by Vanny17
No, I also don't drink tea or coffe either.

Almost the same here. I don't drink coffee too, but tea now and then.
Almost the same here. I don't drink coffee too, but tea now and then.

That's great then :top:. With time, you might stop drinking it altogether if you want to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really shy around people, and I like keeping to myself. once I have a drink I'm so chatty and friendly. I have so much more fun at parties, then the next day I go into school and people are like, ohh you're so much fun at parties.... Thanks... That's just great... I'm obviously a very boring person until I'm not acting my true self around you guys -.-
If you're driving then absolutely. I find driving most boring without alcohol.
Original post by mariachi
there is one huge problem with illegal drugs : you never know what exactly is in the dose you are absorbing

if you are unlucky, you will get dodgy components/overdoses. People have died because of this. Trusting your local pusher blindly seems a very risky strategy.

If you want to continue the parallel with alcohol, it's like getting drunk on moonshine. You may end up blind (or even worse).
Eh this is hardly a "huge problem." You can get testing kits for stuff like MDMA but the market does a pretty good job of regulating quality which won't be surprising unless you're a damn commie. Weed is basically all the same, and it would be more expensive to cut it with anything bad than just sell the actual weed. The guy buying LSD is more than likely doing that online nowadays since it's quite hard to find a street source, so the dealers all have feedback ratings. I mean obviously stuff happens but it's not like your everyday drug user really needs to be paranoid about it so long as they're intelligent.
Original post by SmashConcept
it's not like your everyday drug user really needs to be paranoid about it so long as they're intelligent.
this might beg the question : how intelligent are everyday drugs users ?
Original post by mariachi
this might beg the question : how intelligent are everyday drugs users ?

I mean the everyday guy who uses drugs, not someone who uses drugs every day. So probably about as intelligent as any random population sample. Maybe slightly more so.
Original post by Vanny17
That's great then :top:. With time, you might stop drinking it altogether if you want to.

Have never drunk alcohol in my life. Coffee just a few and tea occasionally. Sometimes drinking tea is a good idea to relax.

Quick Reply

Latest