The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by politicalmind
so even internationals won't hear till a week before? I need to book a flight ahah

Me too!!! This flight is seriously going to cost $3000 if I try to book it a week before. (If, of course, I'm even invited, which is a pretty big if.... hah)
Did anyone applying to New College receive an email conformation about the admissions team getting the interview form because I heard that other colleges sent out emails?
I am an American applying to Merton , and I was wondering if anyone applying to Merton had heard about interviews by now. I mean, if I haven't, does that mean I have been rejected out of hand?
Original post by EoghanB97
I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?

Congratulations!! That's great news, you must be ecstatic!!
Original post by Agax2468
I am an American applying to Merton , and I was wondering if anyone applying to Merton had heard about interviews by now. I mean, if I haven't, does that mean I have been rejected out of hand?

You will always get a response whether it's rejection or interview invitation, hearing nothing means nothing. When you hear depends on subject and college and you might not hear until up to one week before interviews.
Original post by Agax2468

Well on the confirmation email they sent me, it said we would not hear anything about interviews from them until 23rd November, though it could be different for you as I'm a UK applicant.
I'm a Oriel Choral Scholarship Law Applicant - has anyone heard back from Oriel yet?? 😂😂 or about the choral scholarship?
Original post by PollaPulchra197
I'm a Oriel Choral Scholarship Law Applicant - has anyone heard back from Oriel yet?? 😂😂 or about the choral scholarship?

I'm an Oriel English applicant. Haven't heard anything :s-smilie:
I'm starting to freak out. Believe me, if I don't get the interview it is the end of the world 😩😂 what does the subject look like on the email if you're rejected lol? I'm always scared to open the email and I know that by looking at the subject you'll already know whether you're shortlisted or not I.e. It will say "interview invitation"
Original post by patricio_miguel
I'm starting to freak out. Believe me, if I don't get the interview it is the end of the world 😩😂 what does the subject look like on the email if you're rejected lol? I'm always scared to open the email and I know that by looking at the subject you'll already know whether you're shortlisted or not I.e. It will say "interview invitation"

Haha yeah I'm wondering this......I DON'T want it to tell me in the subject bit, just so I can spend four hours preparing myself before opening the email.

Also, I started looking through shortlisting rates and acceptance rates and stuff. Don't do that.........:zomg:
Original post by MouseyBrown
Haha yeah I'm wondering this......I DON'T want it to tell me in the subject bit, just so I can spend four hours preparing myself before opening the email.

Also, I started looking through shortlisting rates and acceptance rates and stuff. Don't do that.........:zomg:

After carefully reviewing your application, we regret to inform you...😂
Just to let you guys know that emails for interview DONT have their decision written in the subject - it's just 'Application to the University of Oxford' so nothing is given away by that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Karina_xo
Just to let you guys know that emails for interview DONT have their decision written in the subject - it's just 'Application to the University of Oxford' so nothing is given away by that

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about when my little email box flashes up in the bottom right hand side of the screen, showing the first few lines of the actual email as well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the past years people applying to St Hugh's got emails stating "interview invitation".

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have just prevented literally dozens of panic attacks. :clap2:
Reply 4695
Original post by EoghanB97
I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?

So are you a foreign student? I don't think UK applicants have been informed yet ...
Original post by PollaPulchra197

I'm an Oriel PPE applicant - haven't heard anything
i've been reading that students were given emails asking about their preferred choice of interview - do all colleges do this? i'm an international student from australia applying for wadham human sci yet i haven't heard back at all from them
If I'm pretty confident I'll get an interview, would booking plane tickets now be a good idea? Would save me lots of money...
Original post by seasoning
Did anyone applying to New College receive an email conformation about the admissions team getting the interview form because I heard that other colleges sent out emails?

I'm an international applying to New, and I just filled out the form, didn't get a confirmation e-mail.
It doesn't look like this week will be the week for New law applicants. Maybe next week. I just hope they don't actually make us wait till a week before.

Latest

Trending

Trending