The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Question for Management students

What are your contact hours like?
Reply 1
I'm currently doing Economics and Management but the hours are almost the same as all management students - over the course of the week, I tend to have 7 hours of lectures + 4 hours of tutorials.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Rishav97
I'm currently doing Economics and Management but the hours are almost the same as all management students - over the course of the week, I tend to have 7 hours of lectures + 4 hours of tutorials.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you! :smile:

How much time do you spend studying?

I am a mature student so considering working part-time through university but not sure if that is possible
Reply 3
I'm afraid I can't help regarding the part-time university option but in terms of workload, I am working a couple of hours a day at the most. It leaves a lot of time for joining societies and other extra-curricular things. That being said, it's currently my first year so I'm sure the workload will build on from here
Reply 4
I'm afraid I can't help regarding the part-time university option but in terms of workload, I am working a couple of hours a day at the most. It leaves a lot of time for joining societies and other extra-curricular things. That being said, it's currently my first year so I'm sure the workload will build on from here

Thank you, what is the Management society like? :smile:
Reply 5
I'm personally not part of it - instead I got myself involved with the business club and swimming and waterpolo! But I know the management centred societies tend to hold a lot of networking events with big name companies and obviously amongst themselves
Reply 6
I'm personally not part of it - instead I got myself involved with the business club and swimming and waterpolo! But I know the management centred societies tend to hold a lot of networking events with big name companies and obviously amongst themselves

Didn't realise there was a separate business one, what is that like? :smile:

Also, do you think I would fit in if I started at 24? Are there any older students?
Thank you for that information you have provided Rebecca.
Here at CGI we not only offer the Sponsored Degree Programme which Rebecca has completed, but we also offer Apprenticeships, Industrial Placement and Graduate Opportunities and are actively recruiting.
For more information please visit our profile on The Student Room (Link below):http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15597-CGI-Recruiter-Profile-School-Leavers
Or feel free to contact a member of our recruitment team at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: @CGI_UK_Students
Like us on Facebook: CGI UK Students
Whatsapp us: +447717356740
Visit us: www.cgi-group.co.uk/careers/school-and-college-leavers
Reply 8
Original post by CGI Student Team
Thank you for that information you have provided Rebecca.
Here at CGI we not only offer the Sponsored Degree Programme which Rebecca has completed, but we also offer Apprenticeships, Industrial Placement and Graduate Opportunities and are actively recruiting.
For more information please visit our profile on The Student Room (Link below):http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15597-CGI-Recruiter-Profile-School-Leavers
Or feel free to contact a member of our recruitment team at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: @CGI_UK_Students
Like us on Facebook: CGI UK Students
Whatsapp us: +447717356740
Visit us: www.cgi-group.co.uk/careers/school-and-college-leavers

Reported for spamming this **** all over TSR
Reply 9
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
Didn't realise there was a separate business one, what is that like? :smile:

Also, do you think I would fit in if I started at 24? Are there any older students?

The business club is really useful. They hold tons of events with companies so you can network for future jobs. It's also a great way to meet likeminded individuals!

There are a couple of older students with us this year but not too many that I know of. I think everyone here is quite welcoming so you should be able to fit in without a worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest