The Student Room Group

People who don't want kids are lucky.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jlsmpV2
Someone needs to explain to you the child making process. Don't worry you'll learn in good time

Sorry, I am a homosexual, I don't know how heterosexuals have children, do they ask Santa?
Think about all of the benefits you will be missing out on OP
Original post by High Stakes
Yeah. Kids are a massive investment. But who knows, maybe I need my legacy to continue.

Spot on m8. :colone:
I don't want kids, but I would like a big house. Where are all my dogs going to go?
Stumbled across this and your reasoning is a bit stupid. Families with kids can live in flats, me and my husband love our massive house. Spare rooms, nice garden to relax in with the dog. Not having children doesn't mean we want to live in a hut!

P.S. We're not lucky - we live our whole life being told we are wrong "you'll see one day, you'll realise you need kids". I'm in my 30s now, been happily married for 11 years. If I don't want them now, doubt I ever will! But societies pressure for us to procreate is crazy, esp if you are a woman. Hell sometimes the constant pressure makes you doubt your very core until you look at a child, shudder and remember you like sleep/money/holidays etc...
Original post by Novascope
Housing isn't going to put me off of having kids lmao. Neither is a career. By the time I ideally would like to have my first child I should have been settled into a good career for a decent amount of years, with savings for this house. Also, it's not like housing is expensive around the entire country. If I'm struggling so bad to find a house in London I'll just go somewhere else lol. Also in fact I may not even want a house straight away when I have my first kid. I'm more than happy to have a nice two bed apartment.

PS, I also think people with kids, a great career and home are lucky too.

You're realistic there, about moving out of London for example- a lot of people aren't. They will get a wake up call.
Original post by picklescamp
I think a lot of people want kids because they're scared of not being alone in later life.

I'm sure you'll have someone.

:koala:
Original post by iamthetruth
People who don't want kids don't have a right to complain about immigration

I don't complain about immigration, but I don't see why people who don't want kids shouldn't be allowed to complain(within reason).
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You're realistic there, about moving out of London for example- a lot of people aren't. They will get a wake up call.

I'm currently in my second year at a uni 5/6 hours away from London. I've gotten used to not living in the city. Although I love London, if I had to I could definitely move out and live somewhere else.
Original post by morgan8002
I don't complain about immigration, but I don't see why people who don't want kids shouldn't be allowed to complain(within reason).

They choose not to contribute to the British born population so how can they complain about too many immigrants?
They choose not to contribute to the British born population so how can they complain about too many immigrants?

Maybe they don't want the population to increase. Why should they have to contribute to the population to get a fair say in the matter?
Original post by morgan8002
Maybe they don't want the population to increase. Why should they have to contribute to the population to get a fair say in the matter?

We have the right to have as many kids as we want unlike in countries like China. They are being selfish.
Original post by driftawaay
I don't think you can choose whether you want kids or not. It's just something you want or you don't. So if you happen to not wish to have a kid, you are lucky. Because most people are aching for it.

Wow. Man lands on moon.
Im exactly like that, dont wanna get married or have kids, just spend money on myself :u:, unfortunately you know what parents are like.
We have the right to have as many kids as we want unlike in countries like China. They are being selfish.

People in China have the right to have as many children as they want(although it may not be economically viable, it's often the same in the UK, as in the OP). Who is being selfish?
I was just reading that thread about Londoners not being able to buy a house.

Well, if you don't want kids, you obviously don't need a house. You can just live in a one bedroom flat.

I will also have a hell of a lot more disposable income to spend on myself.

I feel lucky today.

I just needed to share that.

Call me old fashioned, but I find it very strange that so many people on this thread do not want children. Surely it can't just be about the money?
Original post by Andy98
I can't afford to go to uni, let alone buy a house :/

lol, but aren't you like 17?
I don't think you can choose whether you want kids or not. It's just something you want or you don't. So if you happen to not wish to have a kid, you are lucky. Because most people are aching for it.

It's good for humanity if you don't procreate.

Thanks
I think OP and Jayden smith will have lot in common
Original post by Lunch Money
Many people say things like how they don't want to a child when they are young (I'm assuming you are 14) and they change their minds later on in their lives.

We can't see the future.

It's strange that people who want children spend so much of their time telling those who don't that they'll change their mind or regret it when they get past reproductive age but no-one really tells people who want children they will change their mind.

Quick Reply

Latest