The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Damn that's annoying! At least you have done it before though - I probably won't get in next year either haha

Just try your best :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Don't complain to me lol. I don't make the rules,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not complaining to you mate, but you should agree that it really doesn't make any sense!
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
I am not complaining to you mate, but you should agree that it really doesn't make any sense!

Well I don't really know but I do think it should be free for those who are possible to represent uk at IMO or go further to the camps etc, you are doing it for fun so I am not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I don't really know but I do think it should be free for those who are possible to represent uk at IMO or go further to the camps etc, you are doing it for fun so I am not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, i am doing it for fun, but if i scored higher i should get a corresponding certificate showing it, even if i am not invited for BMO.
When do we get the official results back?
Original post by SCalver

I think I got certificates in January but they should email the school soon as they have calculated the scoring on national distribution etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I should be doing the kangaroo woo!
Original post by SCalver

They'll be back by the end of November latest. They'll probably be back in the next week or so, I imagine - all of the papers will have been marked if they've done the thresholds :smile:
Original post by swagmister
I should be doing the kangaroo woo!

Well done!!
Original post by Student403
Was really hoping for BMO but couldn't get it :frown:

just pay for it
Original post by StrangeBanana
just pay for it

I might, but I don't really see it an an achievement. It's nice to qualify yourself
Reply 371
103....1 mark :frown:
I might, but I don't really see it an an achievement. It's nice to qualify yourself

Yeah I know, but doing well in BMO is a much greater achievement, regardless of how you got in :smile:

To be honest it's a multiple choice paper so it's not really an accurate reflection of your ability

Do well in BMO1 that is an achievement. Top 25% get certificates and top 100 get prizes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StrangeBanana
Yeah I know, but doing well in BMO is a much greater achievement, regardless of how you got in :smile:

To be honest it's a multiple choice paper so it's not really an accurate reflection of your ability

Do well in BMO1 that is an achievement. Top 25% get certificates and top 100 get prizes.Posted from TSR Mobile

Both very true :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 375
I had 102 :angry:. It's strange that there is such a massive gap between Kangaroo and BMO.
Lol, then what is the difference between getting 90 and 115??? It is definitely not fair!

Quite a bit of difference.

It is worse when you achieve it, but still get a gold certificate like there is no difference passing the threshold for BMO.. :frown:
Original post by SCalver
Quite a bit of difference.

not for me though...
not for me though...

And why is that such. Surely a difference of 25 points is massive, for any candidate.

Quick Reply

Latest