The Student Room Group

Songs to Help You Get over Someone

I want to make a thread to help others or just to discuss songs that have helped you when you're going/gone through a rough patch to do with love or relationships.

Here's a few of mine:

Jo-Jo: Too Little Too Late, When Love Hurts, Say Love and Save My Soul

Ariana Grande: Problem, Break Your Heart Right Back

Mariah Carey: Standing O, Angels Cry, More than Just Friends, Shake it Off, H.A.T.E. U

Ed Sheeran: Shirtsleeves, Nina, Don't, I Don't Need You

Rihanna: Complicated, Fading, Raining Men, We All Want Love, Drunk on Love, Farewell, Stay, What Now? and No Love Allowed.

Taylor Swift: pretty much all of her songs are uplifting!

Scroll to see replies

Ariana Grande - break free.
Justin Timberlake - TKO

Justin Timberlake - Drink You Away

Michael Jackson - Don't Walk Away
P!nk- So What

You'll be surprised how happy you feel after the end of the song about your breakup
Alicia Keys - Lesson Learned

Rihanna - Take a bow
Original post by Anonymous
I want to make a thread to help others or just to discuss songs that have helped you when you're going/gone through a rough patch to do with love or relationships.

Here's a few of mine:

Jo-Jo: Too Little Too Late, When Love Hurts, Say Love and Save My Soul

Ariana Grande: Problem, Break Your Heart Right Back

Mariah Carey: Standing O, Angels Cry, More than Just Friends, Shake it Off, H.A.T.E. U

Ed Sheeran: Shirtsleeves, Nina, Don't, I Don't Need You

Rihanna: Complicated, Fading, Raining Men, We All Want Love, Drunk on Love, Farewell, Stay, What Now? and No Love Allowed.

Taylor Swift: pretty much all of her songs are uplifting!

Personally depressing songs aint gonna help anyone get over a breakup or whatever it is that they are hurting from.

Amerie- one thing
Nicki Minaj- Envy
Nicki Minaj- I am the leader
Rihanna- Get it over with
Original post by supreetkaur
Personally depressing songs aint gonna help anyone get over a breakup or whatever it is that they are hurting from.

I agree the depressing ones should only be used briefly. Much better to use empowering songs to get over someone.

Which reminds me - Roar and Part of Me by Katy Perry :smile:
Just listen to some heavy metal to block out the pain </3
David Guetta - Titanium (feat. Sia)

Trussssst me, it helps.
Reply 9
Check out Against The Current's music. I always play it if I'm starting to feel a little down :h:

Especially their EP Gravity and their new single Outsiders :woo: makes me so happy...
Bit old school but Kaiser Cheifs - Everyday I Love You Less and Less.
Jar of hearts- christina perri
Anything by Metallica, Korn, well any metal really. Bon Jovi - It's My Life, Pink You And Your Hand.
Forget Her - Jeff Buckley
Just Like A Woman - Jeff Buckley
Losing My Religion - REM
Someone Like You - Adele
505 - Arctic Monkeys
Anything by Radiohead

And then If you just have plain and simple angst then out of heavier music I'd say Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down...
Reply 14
Kelly clarkson's songs are wonderful when going through a break up. And Adele.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexion
Check out Against The Current's music. I always play it if I'm starting to feel a little down :h:

Especially their EP Gravity and their new single Outsiders :woo: makes me so happy...

You know of Against the Current! Do you know of any of the other youtubers that they are associated with?
Original post by aamirac
You know of Against the Current! Do you know of any of the other youtubers that they are associated with?

I don't, no :redface:

A friend pointed me towards them and I have all their music saved on Spotify, but I haven't explored their YouTube presence...
Flor - Unsaid

That's it! :rofl:
As the Shroud of Suffering Suffocates the Land

by Shuriken Cadaveric Entwinement
Original post by Alexion
I don't, no :redface:

A friend pointed me towards them and I have all their music saved on Spotify, but I haven't explored their YouTube presence...

Well they have a YouTube channel and they used to post covers before they were really known and collaborated with the other YouTubers they know too.

Quick Reply

Latest