The Student Room Group

Girlfriend laughed at me for asking who this guy was....

...my girlfriend laughed at me/sniggeringly when I asked her who she had been speaking to whilst on phone to me. Heard her saying "I'm on the phone", and upon me asking who was that, she coyly says "its [his name]". She then tells me "why are you asking me" followed by a long pause and a sniggering laugh that really made me fly of the handle.

Are my reactions justifiable, is this a huge Red Flag and sign of disrespect?

I asked her what's she laughing at numerous times and she said she was trying to eat her food, followed by pauses and light laughing. She the texts me post-call to say she felt awkward and she didn't want to talk while he was next to her.

I'm getting more and more angry as time goes on with her behaviour. Is this disrespectful of me? She knows I have anger issues, mental health worries and have paranoia (for which I've had long term ongoing therapy).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Trust me, she's sleeping with that guy.
Wouldn't call one phone call a huge red flag lmao.
Reply 3
Original post by The_Fixer
Trust me, she's sleeping with that guy.

Is this a joke? Truly hope she isn't.

Don't understand why she'd laugh at me, knowing full well I have problems with anger, she's seen me when I fly off the handle and knows what the triggers are. Why would she do that knowing in full knowledge I'd have an issue with it?

We've been arguing on and off recently, and in one incidence I completely blew up over it. She was playing around on her phone over webcam after that I asked her what she was doing. No response, so I lost it. She was upset (rightly so), however maintains she isn't scared of me, but is when I get like that. None of that rings true, if she can sooner laugh at me in this incidence.
Reply 4
Original post by TSR Mustafa

One phone call isn't of course, however, similar stuff has been happening also.
The call in itself isn't necessarily a red flag, but if she's constantly being disrespectful and there are other thugs that she's doing also, that may be a sign that you need to talk to her about how you feel.

Explain your mental health issues and paranoia. If she cares, she'll try to be more accommodating
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Heard her saying "I'm on the phone", and upon me asking who was that, she coyly says "its [his name]". She then tells me "why are you asking me" followed by a long pause and a sniggering laugh that really made me fly of the handle.

I asked her what's she laughing at numerous times and she said she was trying to eat her food, followed by pauses and light laughing.

She is being very disrespectful. She's also clearly very immature. Give her the flick
Reply 7
...my girlfriend laughed at me/sniggeringly when I asked her who she had been speaking to whilst on phone to me. Heard her saying "I'm on the phone", and upon me asking who was that, she coyly says "its [his name]". She then tells me "why are you asking me" followed by a long pause and a sniggering laugh that really made me fly of the handle.

I asked her what's she laughing at numerous times and she said she was trying to eat her food, followed by pauses and light laughing. She the texts me post-call to say she felt awkward and she didn't want to talk while he was next to her.

I'm getting more and more angry as time goes on with her behaviour. Is this disrespectful of me? She knows I have anger issues, mental health worries and have paranoia (for which I've had long term ongoing therapy).

She's being a right **** on purpose.
She's either truly chatting to that boy or

she's doing what I have done (when I was a teenager and immature with women I was seeing): I pretended to be on the phone with someone else to see their reaction. So she could not be cheating but it still trying to mind**** you, and laughing that it is working. So either way leave her because that is not healthy at all. She is trying to bully you and I work in criminology and have read numerous cases that start off like this where a vulnerable man was made victim to a preying female. It might not be that deep but it starts out like this. She's no good.

Original post by TSR Mustafa

Erm did you read? OP has mental instabilities.

Original post by woIfie
She is being very disrespectful. She's also clearly very immature. Give her the flick

The flick.
Mate I love it
Could it be that it is just simply a good friend she is talking to?
Reply 9
Original post by Rock Fan
Could it be that it is just simply a good friend she is talking to?

She's just starting working their a matter of weeks; he's work colleague
Original post by BeckyWatts
Sounds like a cheat.

Maybe, but can't prove it so. But she is testing my patience well and truly. As soon as we're fine again she does something odd that she knows will make me pissed off.

I'm not geographically close to her, we only Skype and every 4-8 weeks.

I've been working through things with a therapist, but my inability to control my rage coupled with paranoia is getting too much.

I'm not even looking forward to going to see her, I fear I'll do something stupid.

May ask to meet said guy, as he works with her.
Reply 11

basically, she is laughing because when she is talking to you on the phone, he is kissing her neck or touching her up which is making her ticklish and making her laugh.

also, I'm sure the other guy is getting off on doing this whilst she is speaking to you on the phone
Original post by georgiaswift
The call in itself isn't necessarily a red flag, but if she's constantly being disrespectful and there are other thugs that she's doing also, that may be a sign that you need to talk to her about how you feel.

Explain your mental health issues and paranoia. If she cares, she'll try to be more accommodating

Already been through my mental health concerns. I had a breakdown last week,culminating in a fit of rage because she was texting or doing something or other on her phone while on webcam. I lost it with her and asked who it was.

It's like she's starting to do little stuff, she knows I see a therapist, she seems really sincere lately and tells me she misses me and loves me recently. However, this incidence on the phone today triggered what I thought was just me (and my therapist somehow seems to think it's me), but if she's laughing at me, then this is damn disrespectful.
Original post by pbw
basically, she is laughing because when she is talking to you on the phone, he is kissing her neck or touching her up which is making her ticklish and making her laugh.

also, I'm sure the other guy is getting off on doing this whilst she is speaking to you on the phone

Comments like this make my blood boil, please don't post stuff like this, if your not serious. It's not fair to wind me up when I clearly have anger/self control issues.
Original post by BeckyWatts
Sounds like a cheat.

Can i ask you why you are using the name and picture of a girl who was horribly murdered, how disrespectful are you?!
Reply 15
She's getting fingerbanged on the side
Reply 16
Original post by samina_ay
Can i ask you why you are using the name and picture of a girl who was horribly murdered, how disrespectful are you?!

Her profile:

That is so disrespectful, wow...
Original post by Zacken
Her profile:

That is so disrespectful, wow...

Can someone inform a mod or something?
Reply 18
Original post by samina_ay
Can someone inform a mod or something?

Just did.
Reply 19
Comments like this make my blood boil, please don't post stuff like this, if your not serious. It's not fair to wind me up when I clearly have anger/self control issues.

with your personal issues, i don't think a LDR is suitable for you. i think you need someone you can tie up at home and keep an eye on 24/7

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending