The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Mesosleepy
Firm or you still waiting for your other choices?

Waiting for leeds and surrey
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by JodieHarriett18
Just received a rejection to study law due to ' you do not meet or are not predicted to meet the academic entrance requirements for the programme.' But I am predicted A*A*A* and the entry requirements are A*AA? Does anyone know why this is? I am so confused and just don't understand what has happened? It cannot be my LNAT, because how can I be predicted to meet that requirment. It must be grades and I have seen my reference and I am definitely predicted 3 A*s and I achieved an A at AS in each of these and over 90% UMS in all History, Politics and Law, Can anyone shed some light on this?????

Omg I am so sorry :frown: but that is only 1 out of your 5 options so dont worry too much. When did you apply?
Just received a rejection to study law due to ' you do not meet or are not predicted to meet the academic entrance requirements for the programme.' But I am predicted A*A*A* and the entry requirements are A*AA? Does anyone know why this is? I am so confused and just don't understand what has happened? It cannot be my LNAT, because how can I be predicted to meet that requirment. It must be grades and I have seen my reference and I am definitely predicted 3 A*s and I achieved an A at AS in each of these and over 90% UMS in all History, Politics and Law, Can anyone shed some light on this?????

that doesn't make any sense, so don't give up! call them and ask about it and message them in kings apply. i had problems with my application and they were quite quick at responding and helpful. be persistent and you're sure to get at least an explanation.
Original post by beascottswanson
that doesn't make any sense, so don't give up! Call them and ask about it and message them in kings apply. I had problems with my application and they were quite quick at responding and helpful. Be persistent and you're sure to get at least an explanation.

they made a mistake and are re-evaluating my application now!! Wooooo!!!

Congratulations! Wow they are very reliable aren't they; casually making mistakes on someone's uni application ... I hope you get in!! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaseho98
Congratulations! Wow they are very reliable aren't they; casually making mistakes on someone's uni application ... I hope you get in!! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! Complete madness, thank you! xx

Good for you! :smile:
got a conditional offer for Music and German! So happy :smile:
Thank you! Hopefully they won't reject me twice 😅
anyone else heard from liberal arts? i applied over a month ago and nothing so far
Anyone going to the International Management taster course on November 25th?
Just got an offer for Law!
Reply 332
Just got an offer for chemistry! And I only sent off my application off yesterday!!!!!!
Any offers for Psychology?
Original post by gemmabeth
Just got an offer for Law!

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking your gcse and as grades? I'm also a King's Law hopeful!
Thank you! I got 14A*'s and 2A's for GCSE then AABB at AS but my predicted grades are A*A*A*, good luck! When did you apply?
Thank you! I got 14A*'s and 2A's for GCSE then AABB at AS but my predicted grades are A*A*A*, good luck! When did you apply?

:O that's amazing! I got the same at AS, but my gsces look awful in comparison! I applied on Oct 6th, and I've heard nothing yet (fingers crossed!)
When did you apply?
Thank you! I'm sure they don't, plus my school has a really high gcse average! I applied then too but I did the LNAT ages before and applied for the scholarship, have you applied for it? Good luck!
Thank you! I'm sure they don't, plus my school has a really high gcse average! I applied then too but I did the LNAT ages before and applied for the scholarship, have you applied for it? Good luck!

I only got 4 A*s at GCSE, but to be fair, I did the second best in my entire year because my school was rubbish, so hopefully they'll take that into account! I sat the LNAT on Oct 14th, and I think it went horribly aha. I didn't apply for the scholarship because I left it a bit late to start writing the essay, and I was already behind on epq stuff so I thought I would leave it until I (hopefully) had an offer. As far as I'm aware, there's another chance to apply for the scholarship, with a later deadline? I hope so anyway! Congrats again! Where else have you applied?
Original post by chloetraynor
I only got 4 A*s at GCSE, but to be fair, I did the second best in my entire year because my school was rubbish, so hopefully they'll take that into account! I sat the LNAT on Oct 14th, and I think it went horribly aha. I didn't apply for the scholarship because I left it a bit late to start writing the essay, and I was already behind on epq stuff so I thought I would leave it until I (hopefully) had an offer. As far as I'm aware, there's another chance to apply for the scholarship, with a later deadline? I hope so anyway! Congrats again! Where else have you applied?

I'm pretty sure they take school contextual information into account! I think my LNAT went okay but I'd been bombing the past papers so I have no clue haha. I think they're reviewing applications of people who applied for the scholarship in the first round first so thats probably why you haven't heard! Yeah there's a later round, at least you'll have time to work on the essay! Thank you! I've applied to oxford, UCL, durham and bristol, what about you?

Latest