The Student Room Group

Omg i'm so scared

Hiya everyone!

I'm absolutely terrified because I have applied to university for primary education and I have three interviews already and one of them is in less than a week :O Could anyone help me with preparing myself for the interviews, because otherwise I will pass out from the stress :frown:
Reply 1
Hey I have the exact same issue!! Where are your interviews?
prepare your interview answers - but don't over-rehearse. Know why you want to study at that university, is it because they have a good pass rate? employability? facilities? great placements? etc. and the generic stuff like, what skills and qualities you have, why you want to be a teacher etc. I advice you revising your personal statement too because they will ask you questions from there. Come across as confident, speak clearly and make sure your answers have sufficient detail. Be yourself! And to cut the nerves down; they're not going to hurt you, you're just one step away from getting an offer - they just want to see who you are as an individual, don't be shy - it's your time to stand out and let people know what you have to offer :smile: good luck! xx
I am at university. The aim of the interview is not to stress you our or to humiliate you. The interview will be usually with the lectures (past teachers etc) and are usually all very nice. They will ask basic questions 'why....' as long as you show that you are committed and look like you are interested it will be fine.

good luck. best tip: forget about it until the day.
Reply 4
Original post by hr98
Hey I have the exact same issue!! Where are your interviews?

I've got mine in Gloucester, Worcester and UWE Bristol and I'm just waiting for City of Birmingham and Manchester Met to reply to me.

Where do you have yours? x
Reply 5
Original post by urbanlocations
I am at university. The aim of the interview is not to stress you our or to humiliate you. The interview will be usually with the lectures (past teachers etc) and are usually all very nice. They will ask basic questions 'why....' as long as you show that you are committed and look like you are interested it will be fine.

good luck. best tip: forget about it until the day.

Thank you! But I always get so nervous and I don't know why but I guess i'll just have to man up a bit haha
Reply 6
Original post by samina_ay
prepare your interview answers - but don't over-rehearse. Know why you want to study at that university, is it because they have a good pass rate? employability? facilities? great placements? etc. and the generic stuff like, what skills and qualities you have, why you want to be a teacher etc. I advice you revising your personal statement too because they will ask you questions from there. Come across as confident, speak clearly and make sure your answers have sufficient detail. Be yourself! And to cut the nerves down; they're not going to hurt you, you're just one step away from getting an offer - they just want to see who you are as an individual, don't be shy - it's your time to stand out and let people know what you have to offer :smile: good luck! xx

Yeah I am starting to do that today so hopefully I will be a bit less stressed haha! That's the thing thou, I'm so shy and I really don't know how to overcome it... I just hope I'm not the only nervous person there :wink: Thank you so much! And good luck to you too, whether you applying to uni or else where :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending