The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by patricio_miguel
After carefully reviewing your application, we regret to inform you...😂

*gulp*
Is there anyone else that applied to Law with French Law?
Rather silly question but I know that sometimes people don't get into their chosen college, instead they get an offer from another one. Is this possible with allocated colleges ?
Original post by tamara98
Rather silly question but I know that sometimes people don't get into their chosen college, instead they get an offer from another one. Is this possible with allocated colleges ?

Yes. You'll get interviewed at most likely 2 colleges (your allocated one and a random one). If you perform better on the other one, you'll probably receive an offer from them. On the other hand, in a situation where both interviews don't go to plan but you are still a viable candidate, they'll 'pool' you so that other colleges can decide - based on your complete application - whether they will offer you or not.

There's also the case of where you might get an 'open offer' which means your college will be allocated (in your case re-allocated) after results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PollaPulchra197
I'm a Oriel Choral Scholarship Law Applicant - has anyone heard back from Oriel yet?? 😂😂 or about the choral scholarship?
I'm an Oriel History applicant but havent heard anything except confirmation of the reciept of my written work!
Why have some of the biochemistry invitations been sent and no other subjects? Law ones please :frown: hate not knowing
Well Biochem has no test or written work so not that much to go through
Most people are interviewed by two separate colleges, so it's highly likely (if not definite) that you'll be interviewed by another college along with Trinity

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's true for most applicants yeah.
Original post by Karina_xo
Most people are interviewed by two separate colleges, so it's highly likely (if not definite) that you'll be interviewed by another college along with Trinity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would this be true for international applicants doing Skype interviews as well?
Original post by Karina_xo

Posted from TSR Mobile

In this case, do you get 2 interview invitation emails? Or just one and then you find out about the other college when you go to Oxford?

Aahhh I just want a decision :frown:
Original post by Aquaxo
In this case, do you get 2 interview invitation emails? Or just one and then you find out about the other college when you go to Oxford?

Aahhh I just want a decision :frown:

No you just get the interview invite from your chosen/allocated college and once you get there they'll tell you where your second interview is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ladys and Gentlemen...

Let's look at the matter from the other side.
I believe universities and colleges are willing to get you into their facilities, best of you.
But there is no best.
A college community consists of hundreds of students and dozens of tutors.
Students are the heartbeat of a college and tutors are the back-bone; both contribute to community and are vital for balanced 'life'. Thus, if our ways doesn't collide, I mean college and mine, then loss isn't just on my side, but the bigger part of the loose cake is for the college. On the first hand if college accepts me, then bigger part of the gain cake will be tasted by the community, because I'm giver and students, tutors, and college and university will not fail to receive my contribution and support and I will get answers on my barrel of questions.

Arrogance?
Not at all.

Just pure balance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cupitor
Ladys and Gentlemen...

Let's look at the matter from the other side.
I believe universities and colleges are willing to get you into their facilities, best of you.
But there is no best.
A college community consists of hundreds of students and dozens of tutors.
Students are the heartbeat of a college and tutors are the back-bone; both contribute to community and are vital for balanced 'life'. Thus, if our ways doesn't collide, I mean college and mine, then loss isn't just on my side, but the bigger part of the loose cake is for the college. On the first hand if college accepts me, then bigger part of the gain cake will be tasted by the community, because I'm giver and students, tutors, and college and university will not fail to receive my contribution and support and I will get answers on my barrel of questions.

Arrogance?
Not at all.

Just pure balance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cook99
So are you a foreign student? I don't think UK applicants have been informed yet ...

Yeah I'm from Ireland
Nah, just your chosen college will contact you, only once you're there it will be on a board which other college is interviewing you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patricio_miguel
In the past years people applying to St Hugh's got emails stating "interview invitation".

aw crap I'm applying to St Hugh's, I can't even go onto my email now just in case it arrives and it's in the title :redface:
Original post by zenlatte
I'm applying for medicine.
Oh, so anxious! Not so worried about BMAT except for the third section. This year's prompts just threw me off.
Anyone here applying to read medicine?

I'm so jealous of those who have gotten invitation to interviews :\. Here I am just waiting for the decision in 2nd of December.

Me too! What's your college and stats?

BMAT was ok - surprisingly, I found S1 ok but S2 I ran out of time. Which essay Q did you answer?

Oh yes, and the wait is torture...
Original post by Cupitor
?

;

Exactly how I felt reading your post mate