The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle entry 2016-17 applicants and offer holders

Hi!
Just wanted to start a thread for those applying to Newcastle uni for 2016 entry and if they've any offers!
Sent off my UCAS today, applying for English Lit with Creative Writing and likely to put Newcastle as my firm if i receive an offer!
What about everyone else? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by obj98
Hi!
Just wanted to start a thread for those applying to Newcastle uni for 2016 entry and if they've any offers!
Sent off my UCAS today, applying for English Lit with Creative Writing and likely to put Newcastle as my firm if i receive an offer!

Good luck! I received an offer for Law (AAA) from Newcastle the other day :smile: I loved Newcastle Uni because it was so close to the town centre, so useful!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by connieiscrazy
Good luck! I received an offer for Law (AAA) from Newcastle the other day :smile: I loved Newcastle Uni because it was so close to the town centre, so useful!

woo well done! Are you looking to put it down as firm/insurance?
I loved the atmosphere of Newcastle,hence why I'm so keen to go!
Reply 3
Applying for Maths
Original post by obj98
woo well done! Are you looking to put it down as firm/insurance?
I loved the atmosphere of Newcastle,hence why I'm so keen to go!

If I get 5 offers, then hopefully insurance :smile: Yeah, it has a great atmosphere - very much a party city!
Reply 5
Applied for dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle, got an unconditional for Biomed (done my A-levels already) so far, and really hoping to get an interview for dentistry soon too- fingers crossed :smile: Loved Newcastle uni, will be my first choice if I do get an offer for dentistry!
Got an offer from law today! Whether it will end up as my firm depends on what other offers I get, but I'm really happy to have one from Newcastle.
Reply 7
I have just received an unconditional offer from Newcastle for Linguistics with French!!! Very happy :smile:
Hi :smile:

I've just received an offer for the combined honours course! I have to admit though, I haven't looked around the uni yet. I like the course so I'll be sure to have a look :biggrin:
Original post by obj98
Hi!

Yayayay! I was offered AAB to study English Lit. and I will definitely put it as my firm. So excited to think that this time next year, we will all be at university - pumped for it! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Sent my application today for Law. I'm predicted A*AA. I'm likely to not put down Newcastle as my firm or insurance but I may change my mind if I choose to stay close to home.
Reply 11
Original post by JustPolly101
Yayayay! I was offered AAB to study English Lit. and I will definitely put it as my firm. So excited to think that this time next year, we will all be at university - pumped for it! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ahhh so exciting! Sent of my UCAS the other day, hoping to get an offer soon if so as everyone seems to be getting them quite quick!
Original post by ____katie
I have just received an unconditional offer from Newcastle for Linguistics with French!!! Very happy :smile:

I have just got an offer for Linguistics with French at Newcastle too!! Mine's conditional though, AAB, and I'm deferring so I'm starting in 2017. Is Newcastle one of your top choices??
Original post by obj98
Ahhh so exciting! Sent of my UCAS the other day, hoping to get an offer soon if so as everyone seems to be getting them quite quick!

yeah, still I wouldn't worry too much - my school is very particular about us sending off our applications within the first couple weeks that we get back to school, after the summer holidays :L haha - even so, hopefully you'll hear from them soon! Good luck :smile:
Original post by cherrycola98
I have just got an offer for Linguistics with French at Newcastle too!! Mine's conditional though, AAB, and I'm deferring so I'm starting in 2017. Is Newcastle one of your top choices??

Aw really yay, well done! Haven't found anyone doing the same course as me anywhere yet haha :smile: I got the unconditional letter over a week after they made me the conditional offer so you could still get one!

I'm not sure in terms of top choice yet, I haven't ruled Newcastle out by any means but I think Leeds will most probably end up being my firm since it's been my favourite for ages and I've received a conditional from them, AAB. What about you?
Applied for Computer Science through PARTNERs scheme. Got invite to applicant day - anyone else?
Aw really yay, well done! Haven't found anyone doing the same course as me anywhere yet haha :smile: I got the unconditional letter over a week after they made me the conditional offer so you could still get one!

I'm not sure in terms of top choice yet, I haven't ruled Newcastle out by any means but I think Leeds will most probably end up being my firm since it's been my favourite for ages and I've received a conditional from them, AAB. What about you?

I hadn't found anyone doing the same course either! I didn't realise they could send an unconditional letter after giving a conditional! I'm not sure Newcastle is my top but its in my top three along with Leeds and Edinburgh. We're both applying to Leeds! I've not heard back from them yet though. Where else have you applied?
Original post by cherrycola98
I hadn't found anyone doing the same course either! I didn't realise they could send an unconditional letter after giving a conditional! I'm not sure Newcastle is my top but its in my top three along with Leeds and Edinburgh. We're both applying to Leeds! I've not heard back from them yet though. Where else have you applied?

Yay! Me neither tbh, I was really shocked. Aw yes those 3 sound good, I love Leeds so much! We might end up together! I've applied to York as well as both English Language and French and French and Linguistics at Lancaster but haven't heard from those yet (then Newcastle and Leeds haha) what about you?
I'm applying for Biomedical Science with Industry Placement. I hope to get an unconditional offer and will make it my firm choice if I do.
Yay! Me neither tbh, I was really shocked. Aw yes those 3 sound good, I love Leeds so much! We might end up together! I've applied to York as well as both English Language and French and French and Linguistics at Lancaster but haven't heard from those yet (then Newcastle and Leeds haha) what about you?

Woah I've applied to York too! My choices are: Newcastle, Leeds, Edinburgh, Warwick, York. So three the same! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending