The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

FINALLY got one reference today. I emailed both of my referees to ask if they had had the request and my uni tutor said she hadn't received anything at all so if people are still waiting it may be worth re-entering the email address and re-sending the request as that's what I have just done and my reference was complete within 20 minutes. Just waiting for my second reference, wich is from the head of where i currently work, so shouldn't take too long. I feel so behind all of you guys!
Original post by silence will fall
Same :biggrin: also waiting for my references, was beginning to think I was the only one not getting interviews

Same here, feel so behind lol
How are you guys going to pick which uni to select? I wasn't expected to like UEL so much and if I get an offer from UCL too, I'll have like 2 days to pick between them!
Original post by ChancedTravels
How are you guys going to pick which uni to select? I wasn't expected to like UEL so much and if I get an offer from UCL too, I'll have like 2 days to pick between them!

You could look at their websites and see which areas they have partner schools in.
UEL covers a lot of East London places I'm not very fond of (I know this is a big generalisation - but still...).
Original post by *tango*
You could look at their websites and see which areas they have partner schools in.
UEL covers a lot of East London places I'm not very fond of (I know this is a big generalisation - but still...).

I know... But I live in (a nice part of) East London so would be more convenient haha!

Hey! I've applied to both of them too. What did you apply for and have you had interviews yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I now technically have three interviews for school direct English secondary!!!

Well...one interview is on a day that is impossible for me so am hoping that they can find another day. 1st interviews is my first choice school, 2nd one my third choice with the 2nd choice last.

Anyone else preparing for English Secondary interviews?? I have to prepare a mini lesson for Year 8s, but won't know about what until the day as well as three written tasks (no prep necessary) and the interview. I'm hoping my subject knowledge won't fail me, as really, how can you prepare for the unknown! Aside from really looking at what is in the curriciulum that is.

Exciting times! I'm sure those who are still sorting application will have it sorted. These days are just whizzing by.

Good luck everyone!!
Original post by Simplysweet01
Hey! I've applied to both of them too. What did you apply for and have you had interviews yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Primary :smile: I've got a place at UEL I had my interview on Monday, and I've got an interview at UCL on the 24th :smile: you?

Also just passed my QTS tests yay!
Are many people on here applying for SKITT courses? I'm going for two different ones in art and design. Had my references back and now I'm just practicing for my QTS tests next week. I'm struggling with my Maths mental arithmetic questions- just so fast!
2 school direct and scitt for me
I know... But I live in (a nice part of) East London so would be more convenient haha!

Well, then you're in trouble, girl :wink: I'd be too if I had to pick one of my choices (so almost praying to get just one offer, haha). BTW: Is the school where you volunteer expecting you to pick them? Because mine is :redface: Not sure, what I'll do.
Original post by Tomvoyce4
Are many people on here applying for SKITT courses? I'm going for two different ones in art and design. Had my references back and now I'm just practicing for my QTS tests next week. I'm struggling with my Maths mental arithmetic questions- just so fast!

I have one scitt, one school direct and one uni. If I could relocate, I would have picked more universities as I'm more of an academic person.
Original post by *tango*
Well, then you're in trouble, girl :wink: I'd be too if I had to pick one of my choices (so almost praying to get just one offer, haha). BTW: Is the school where you volunteer expecting you to pick them? Because mine is :redface: Not sure, what I'll do.

I think they might be... But to be honest, I'd rather do a PGCE attached to a university. Pretty awkward hahaha
I have to do a micro teaching episode to a group of adults such as a skill or an area of interest to me, it needs to be interactive!

Please please if anybody has any ideas they would be very helpful for me! I'm stressing out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 365gapyear
I have to do a micro teaching episode to a group of adults such as a skill or an area of interest to me, it needs to be interactive!

Please please if anybody has any ideas they would be very helpful for me! I'm stressing out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Primary or Secondary? And which Uni/Subject are you applying for?
Primary :smile: I've got a place at UEL I had my interview on Monday, and I've got an interview at UCL on the 24th :smile: you?

Also just passed my QTS tests yay!

oh congratulations!!!
How were the skills tests? Just started looking at them today and am worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh congratulations!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME! Keep meaning to apply but quite worried XD
oh congratulations!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only preparation I did was the practice tests online and the real test was so much easier than the practise ones!
Original post by Aemiliana
Hey I'm applying for Classics too!

Which unis are you applying to?

I'm so worried about the prospect of the Latin test - I'm not doing Latin this year and I feel like I'm getting rusty.

Yay another Classicist!

Sussex, KCL, and a School Direct placement in London.

I'm more worried about the professional skills tests, I haven't done any maths since GCSE. I'm hoping the test won't be on someone like Livy, I hated him in AS!
Original post by goldfishgirl
Yay another Classicist!

Sussex, KCL, and a School Direct placement in London.

I'm more worried about the professional skills tests, I haven't done any maths since GCSE. I'm hoping the test won't be on someone like Livy, I hated him in AS!

I'm actually amazed that there are two of us here - I thought we were a rare breed!

I'm applying for KCL and Sussex too, but I chose Cambridge as well instead of a school direct scheme, I just think the uni-based one would suit me better.

In the past they've been AS level passages so who knows! I only started Latin at uni so despite having done it for 3 years I'm pretty nervous about that side of it.

I've already been drilling the OCR AS vocab list everyday for a while now and I'm working on going through the specification to double check all the grammar (some of it is called by a different name etc so at first I was pretty worried that I didn't know anything). It's the vocab I think I'll have the biggest issue with but last year KCL let people use dictionaries.

I guess at the end of the day we have both studied Latin at a higher level than A level so a bit of revision is hopefully all it needs (here's hoping that neither of us get a horrid passage on the day!)

The skills tests are worrying me too, mainly just because they're in under a week for me now! Have you done any of the practice papers to get an idea as to where you are at the moment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending