The Student Room Group

Think my teacher is racist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samina_ay
and get a couple of these tests where he isn't marking properly too.

Yea of course, I do this all the time even now at Uni in a predominantly ethnic neighbourhood. Can't let anyone screw you over you know. Get the paperwork and be ready to present the issue. I'm dealing with this now and the professor is black so even though the guy isn't racist I sympathise with unethical or simply unfair marks, but I've also dealt with racist marking too.
Original post by vuvuzela
That's the only one he marked tbf we had another teacher who since left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm - keep a hold on to that test and see what happens in the next.
Original post by MAINE.
Yes, call him out on it to his face - that's the easiest way to get him to stop, because it gives him two options:

a) Stop treating you unfairly. Everything is forgiven. He keeps his job
b) Continue treating you unfairly. Now you have definite proof. He gets sacked.

Nah not like that at all man...

you can't fight the power of the pen with words after class. The teachers is affecting his records, so you need to fight back in the same style. Not with words, but with his own records. Approaching the teacher after class about it is futile and messy. He has to prove that someone else's test with the same quality of work was marked higher than his, and he has to prove this to someone who can override the teacher.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Just revise yourself. He isn't marking your actual exams.
pulling the race card as per
Reply 25
Original post by King Mal
Nah not like that at all man...

you can't fight the power of the pen with words after class. The teachers is affecting his records, so you need to fight back in the same style. Not with words, but with his own records. Approaching the teacher after class about it is futile and messy. He has to prove that someone else's test with the same quality of work was marked higher than his, and he has to prove this to someone who can override the teacher.

The I've highlighted in bold is obvious, that goes without saying. Also:

In reality, going to the principal or the teacher's supervisor is not the best solution because they will most likley a) side with the teacher, or b) brush it off because they have more important things to worry about. I know this because it's happen to me. If your teacher is not trying to help you, there is even less chance people who have no relationship with you are going to help you.

If you go the teacher directly and say "I think you're being racist to me, because I have compared my work to other people in the class and have seen you have marked me unfairly, and I am going to report you if it continues", you put the teacher in a corner where he the most likely outcome is that he will stop treating you unfairly because if there's any proof he has been treating you unfairly he knows he will get sacked.

Sure he might hate you afterwards, but he wont be able to do anything about it because you are watching him like a hawk for any sign of unfair treatment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ubisoft
Do you accept this?

Yes-pop your card in and enter your pin.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
pulling the race card as per

why did all those people unfollow you? Oh wait, I see why.
Yes-pop your card in and enter your pin.

I love how you're minimizing racism. Having way too much fun with that keyboard, I see.
why did all those people unfollow you? Oh wait, I see why.

not bothered in the slightest :smug:
Reply 30
Accidentally repped :/
Original post by MAINE.
Thank you for the useless advice. The I've highlighted in bold is obvious, that goes without saying. Also:

In reality, going to the principal or the teacher's supervisor is not the best solution because they will most likley a) side with the teacher, or b) brush it off because they have more important things to worry about. I know this because it's happen to me. If your teacher is not trying to help you, there is even less chance people who have no direct relationship with you are going to help you.

If you go the teacher directly and say "I think you're being racist to me, because I have compared my work to other people in the class and have seen you have marked me unfairly, and I am going to report you if it continues", you put the teacher in a corner where he the most likely outcome is that he will stop treating you unfairly because if there's any proof he has been treating you unfairly he knows he will get sacked.

Or he'll put the teacher in a mode of self defense and try to work towards clearing his name at the kid's expense. You don't know the morals and ethics of the teachers because clearly he is lacking them, if it is racism. Until you've been in that situation you will not understand how you can just use your intuition and common sense that someone is being unethical toward you for personal reasons. For me personally I would handle it delicately if my records are involved. If it's just how the teachers speak to me I would address them personally but if it's about paperwork like my marks, nahhhh :hmmm:

I disagree fully with the first thing. Yes they might have more important things to do but the OP said that the deputy is close to him/her.
not bothered in the slightest :smug:

must be used to no one liking you or taking you seriously. :console:

Original post by kkboyk
Accidentally repped :/
:rofl: what were you trying to click in the OP?....
Or he'll put the teacher in a mode of self defense and try to work towards clearing his name at the kid's expense. You don't know the morals and ethics of the teachers because clearly he is lacking them, if it is racism. Until you've been in that situation you will not understand how you can just use your intuition and common sense that someone is being unethical toward you for personal reasons. For me personally I would handle it delicately if my records are involved. If it's just how the teachers speak to me I would address them personally but if it's about paperwork like my marks, nahhhh :hmmm:

I disagree fully with the first thing. Yes they might have more important things to do but the OP said that the deputy is close to him/her.

I'm white but I have had friends in a similar situation to @vuvuzela

One of them did actually go to speak to the teacher, and apparently her marks improved but the teacher found other ways to be passive aggressive towards her.

OP, get all the evidence u can and go to someone else
Original post by MAINE.
Thank you for the useless advice. The I've highlighted in bold is obvious

Did you really have to add this? You wanna argue like a child then? **** off then pagan. :kiss:

And how is it useless advice? You're the only tard in here telling him to address the teacher personally?! Everyone else is saying get evidence you madman.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 35
must be used to no one liking you or taking you seriously. :console:

:rofl: what were you trying to click in the OP?....

Was trying to zoom in but the page froze :/
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
I'm white but I have had friends in a similar situation to @vuvuzela

One of them did actually go to speak to the teacher, and apparently her marks improved but the teacher found other ways to be passive aggressive towards her.

OP, get all the evidence u can and go to someone else

like what
and I agree to get evidence and to approach a higher.
Original post by kkboyk
Was trying to zoom in but the page froze :/

lmao. :indiff:
well what is your advice loool
Reply 38

Ok, this is an interesting discussion. How would the teacher clear his name at the kid's expense exactly?

Btw, I'm saying the kid should confront the teacher directly because OP seems to be saying he already has clear, hard evidence that the teacher has deprived him of marks.

If so, then OP has nothing to worry about - assuming the judge (principal / teacher's supervisor) is fair.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Did you really have to add this? You wanna argue like a child then? **** off then pagan. :kiss:

And how is it useless advice? You're the only tard in here telling him to address the teacher personally?! Everyone else is saying get evidence you madman.

^See my response above.

I am only suggesting he confront the teacher directly if he already has hard evidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending