The Student Room Group

Cheap Private exam Centres

Does any one know where in London can I resit gcse OCR 21st Century additional and core science including controlled assessment and sociology? I need it to be cheap but also be able to do the controlled assessment
(edited 8 years ago)
city?
Reply 2
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
city?

London, sorry should have been more specific about the place
The only one i can remember is

corelli college, ealing college.

Email local private schools, thats what I did.

There are only two centres in my district who take on externals but in london there are a lot more.

It can be pricy though, with the tube and all.
Reply 4
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
The only one i can remember is

corelli college, ealing college.

Email local private schools, thats what I did.

There are only two centres in my district who take on externals but in london there are a lot more.

It can be pricy though, with the tube and all.

I have already called them up, they only do exams no controlled assessments. I need to do both.
Reply 5
Original post by SMJ-93
Does any one know where in London can I resit gcse OCR 21st Century additional and core science including controlled assessment and sociology? I need it to be cheap but also be able to do the controlled assessment

Re-sitting the controlled assessment will never be cheap - you may be better off not trying to re-sit that but just going all out on the exams.
Original post by SMJ-93
I have already called them up, they only do exams no controlled assessments. I need to do both.

It will be virtually impossible to find places to do controlled assesments. I self teach and had to commute 35 mins by car to get to the nearest centre to give pracitacl a level exams and they charged £300, and I received no prep for it...

I agree with Compost. You should do the iGCSE, cambridge internatioanl or edexcel international avoiding coursework.

Be wary though, igcses are a lot harder than gcses.

Original post by Compost
Re-sitting the controlled assessment will never be cheap - you may be better off not trying to re-sit that but just going all out on the exams.

This.

Quick Reply

Latest