The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Apparently "just under a thousand" applicants this year (admissions office personnel this morning).
Original post by mariapops
I'm travelling from Birmingham too 😥

which grammar school are you from.. I'm from bham too!
Does anybody know the interview to offer ratio?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dr Gin
Apparently "just under a thousand" applicants this year (admissions office personnel this morning).

Do you know how many people they interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
Do you know how many people they interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For 2014 entry they interviewed around 350 people I think, not sure about 2015 entry.
Got the interview information booklet email today. It says I need all my GCSE exam certificates though :frown:

I've got them all apart from 2. Because I took them early and moved house since, I cannot find them. (I have the statements of results just not the certificates)
Apart from buying replacements from the exam boards, is there any other option?

Does Plymouth accept anything else as an alternative to official exam certificates?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Al1c3
*stupid question * but what are people saying in confirmation emails? are you literally just quoting the time/ date and what are you putting as subject line?

just so paranoid about mine getting lost somewhere 😬

I just put 'Interview Attendance Confirmation' in the subject line of mine and just said that I was confirming attendance of my interview at [quote date/time].

Someone will email you back once you've sent it, so you should be okay :smile:
Original post by lightwoXd
I just put 'Interview Attendance Confirmation' in the subject line of mine and just said that I was confirming attendance of my interview at [quote date/time].

Someone will email you back once you've sent it, so you should be okay :smile:

Okay so someone emails you back , that's cool then. I need to send my confirmation still.
Original post by WayneEnterprises
Got the interview information booklet email today. It says I need all my GCSE exam certificates though :frown:

I've got them all apart from 2. Because I took them early and moved house since, I cannot find them. (I have the statements of results just not the certificates)
Apart from buying replacements from the exam boards, is there any other option?

Does Plymouth accept anything else as an alternative to official exam certificates?

I also have a statement of result and not the certificate so I will call up tomorrow if I get a chance during the day.
Original post by painandpride15
Okay so someone emails you back , that's cool then. I need to send my confirmation still.

Yep, you get the automated reply immediately after and then an actual person will email you a bit later on :smile: And I think you're fine, the invitation said you had a week to do it I think?
Yep, you get the automated reply immediately after and then an actual person will email you a bit later on :smile: And I think you're fine, the invitation said you had a week to do it I think?

Ah okay cool man, yeah it said 7 days I checked today in case xD I notice you're coming from the north, i'm coming from London. Are you going to stay over?
Ah okay cool man, yeah it said 7 days I checked today in case xD I notice you're coming from the north, i'm coming from London. Are you going to stay over?

I wasn't going to (train times permitting haha) given that my interview's late-ish afternoon, but we'll see how it goes :smile:
I wasn't going to (train times permitting haha) given that my interview's late-ish afternoon, but we'll see how it goes :smile:

I'm just quite surprised some interviews are held so late in the day, such as 4pm....
I'm just quite surprised some interviews are held so late in the day, such as 4pm....

Yeah same, I suppose they've got to cram everyone into the 3 days they've designated for it though. And 4pm's always better than 9am in my book :biggrin:
Yeah same, I suppose they've got to cram everyone into the 3 days they've designated for it though. And 4pm's always better than 9am in my book :biggrin:

Yeah true. Well I mean that's if you are preparing in the morning or not before the interview haha.
Yeah true. Well I mean that's if you are preparing in the morning or not before the interview haha.

Haha yeah true, I'm just not awake until at least lunchtime so a morning interview would be absolutely horrendous >_<
Haha yeah true, I'm just not awake until at least lunchtime so a morning interview would be absolutely horrendous >_<

Thing is , the interviewers might be really tired by the end of the day ..:L
Thing is , the interviewers might be really tired by the end of the day ..:L

Maybe if I bring them all some coffee and a snack they'll give me an unconditional?
Maybe if I bring them all some coffee and a snack they'll give me an unconditional?

Or take the food and coffee and reject you ? :wink:
Or take the food and coffee and reject you ? :wink:

Now that's just mean tbh, if they're gonna be like that I don't want to go to their university anyway :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest