The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Law Applicants 2016

Hi!

I noticed there wasn't a thread for specifically law applicants and, seeing as we're all clearly eager to know when offers will start going out, I've made this thread!

Initially, post in this format:
Course:
AS grades (predicted/achieved):
A2 grades (predicted/achieved):
Current status: (not applied, applied, application acknowledged, 2 week, 8 week, offer, rejection)

Feel free to ask any questions!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course: Law LLB
AS grades (achieved): AABC
A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A (+ A* in the EPQ)
Current status: 8 week
(edited 8 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
AS grades (achieved): AAAAA maths further maths phy chem Chinese
A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A*A
Current status: 2 week (19/10)
Reply 3
AS grades (achieved): AAAA
A2 grades (achieved): A*A*A (+ C in EPQ :dontknow:)
Reply 4
Course: LLB Law
AS grades: AAAB (plus couple of FM modules) (Dropped one of the As)
A2 grades (predicted):A*AAB (Plus A* EPQ but that isn't happening, trust me)
Current status: 8 week. Looking like a reply this week.
Reply 5
Loving the EPQ confidence guys looool:biggrin:

Is this week looking promising for replies? I think so tbh
AS grades (achieved): 6A
A2 grades (predicted): 5A*

I hope this week is the week we see some offers!
Reply 7
Original post by harina10

The EPQ confidence is rightfully low for me. I had my presentation Friday and my tutor hates me (took over from another EP tutor who loved me and predicted me highly) and she cut my presentation short by a minute. This was after Plans A, B and C all failed due to IT not being set up properly. I lost marks over that apparently. I thought she should be impressed I had a plan D tbh.
Reply 8

And yeah, this week is a week after the first offers, which is typically the first Law offer week. I was in the first batch too so I should hear back. Then to see if I can afford it before I make my final choice, but if I can then LSE firm, UEA insurance. Otherwise I'll bung UEA first as they'll make it unconditional if I put them up top.

I'm probably going regret saying this but I'm cautiously optimistic. I got loads of really good experience from helping in the founding and running of my college's Feminist society which involved being asked to speak at Cambridge.
Reply 9
Original post by NickM98
The EPQ confidence is rightfully low for me. I had my presentation Friday and my tutor hates me (took over from another EP tutor who loved me and predicted me highly) and she cut my presentation short by a minute. This was after Plans A, B and C all failed due to IT not being set up properly. I lost marks over that apparently. I thought she should be impressed I had a plan D tbh.

Original post by NickM98
And yeah, this week is a week after the first offers, which is typically the first Law offer week. I was in the first batch too so I should hear back. Then to see if I can afford it before I make my final choice, but if I can then LSE firm, UEA insurance. Otherwise I'll bung UEA first as they'll make it unconditional if I put them up top.

I'm probably going regret saying this but I'm cautiously optimistic. I got loads of really good experience from helping in the founding and running of my college's Feminist society which involved being asked to speak at Cambridge.

Ah! I had my first presentation. I was fortunate it was my form tutor who also tutors me for EPQ! Plan D?! Didn't even know I could make plans that far; I get stuck making a plan B!:P

Oooo that's so nerveracking - being in batch one has positives and drawbacks!! I totally get the affordability, especially as I'm not eligible for any of the grants or extra financial help. Thing is, LSE is such a dream, I'd probably convince myself I could magic the money up from somewhere!
Reply 10
Ah! I had my first presentation. I was fortunate it was my form tutor who also tutors me for EPQ! Plan D?! Didn't even know I could make plans that far; I get stuck making a plan B!:P

Oooo that's so nerveracking - being in batch one has positives and drawbacks!! I totally get the affordability, especially as I'm not eligible for any of the grants or extra financial help. Thing is, LSE is such a dream, I'd probably convince myself I could magic the money up from somewhere!

I should be fine with parental backing and all. Just want to confirm before I start casting myself as an LSE or UEA student in my mind.
Reply 11
Original post by NickM98
I should be fine with parental backing and all. Just want to confirm before I start casting myself as an LSE or UEA student in my mind.

That's really sensible, I just unfortunately don't have that kind of discipline! D:
Course: law llb
AS grades (achieved): AAAAA
A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A*A*
Current status: 8 weeks

Why is this week promising? :smile: do you know how we know what batch we're in?
Reply 14
Original post by JodieHarriett18
Why is this week promising? :smile: do you know how we know what batch we're in?

Well, I know I was definitely in the first batch considering that there was no active LSE 2016 thread until that week. Also, last week the first set of offers went out (apart from law, econ, history, politics, ppe (I think)) So I think this is hopefully the week! Also, a few law rejections went out today :frown::frown::frown:
Well, I know I was definitely in the first batch considering that there was no active LSE 2016 thread until that week. Also, last week the first set of offers went out (apart from law, econ, history, politics, ppe (I think)) So I think this is hopefully the week! Also, a few law rejections went out today :frown::frown::frown:

Ohh okay, thank you! Haven't had a the rejection yet, thank god! So could tomorrow be the day?
Reply 16
Original post by JodieHarriett18
Ohh okay, thank you! Haven't had a the rejection yet, thank god! So could tomorrow be the day?

It very well could be - Friday seems to be offer day! The nerves are killing me right now! Good luck Jodie :smile:
It very well could be - Friday seems to be offer day! The nerves are killing me right now! Good luck Jodie :smile:

Thank you!! You too :smile:
Course: LLB Law
AS (IB) grades (predicted/achieved): 38
Current status: 2 Week

i applied 2 weeks ago, do you think this makes me first batch or second?

Quick Reply