The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
waiting for my straight Us and praying the ink would somehow change and read As? yeah - gonna be the longest summer ever

Loooooool. i'm sure if you work hard it'll pay off.
Original post by z33
Need to get AAA this year (lol) never gonna happen

anyone else stressed af?

Yh I am extremely stressed as well, my mocks start in a few weeks and I have not even touched my notes yet:frown: and the others have apparently revised half the work already :s-smilie:
Original post by aamirac
I want AAA at the end of this year. But it seems like the days are dragging, the weeks go fast, the months even faster. :afraid:.

What's so wonderful about a day is that you have 24 hours. Use as much of the day as you can. All of the greatest minds of our time have had the same 24 hours that we also happen to have.
Reply 23
Original post by Pandorax
Ahah, I actually do use notes and memorise them! XD I usually make the notes during christmas before mocks however. So I recap and memorise them again before exams, I also then do question papers, predict possible questions that can come up and memorise the answers to those, then I look online for any extra information. Ooo good luck with the mocks! Mine are in january!

Lucky **** - January mocks -_- . Seems like a pretty solid plan tbh. I don't really use the notes I make - it's writing them that helps me. So i don't look at them again once I've written them, I just write them again and again and again. That works cos last year I got 92% ums in Bio unit 1 - but I got BBCC overall cos obv it takes FOREVERRRRR to do. I need to find a faster way. Now.

Original post by aamirac
I want AAA at the end of this year. But it seems like the days are dragging, the weeks go fast, the months even faster. :afraid:.

Same - can someone explain to me where October went because I'm pretty sure that month sneaked past me when I wasn't looking. UGH the work i need to catch up on though. And look I've been home for what feels like 2 mins and it's already like 8:30 pm WHY?!?!?!

I wanna say come on we can do this but I can't so COME ON YOU CAN DO THIS
Reply 24
Original post by Sana_Akram
Yh I am extremely stressed as well, my mocks start in a few weeks and I have not even touched my notes yet:frown: and the others have apparently revised half the work already :s-smilie:

Same same :frown: I need to do something about it but I don't know where to start. I think I'll just do past papers and revise what I'm weak on instead of starting from scratch and then I'll start from scratch in Christmas.
Reply 25
Original post by High Stakes
What's so wonderful about a day is that you have 24 hours. Use as much of the day as you can. All of the greatest minds of our time have had the same 24 hours that we also happen to have.

You're a great motivator - you should write a book on self help or something :tongue:
Original post by z33
You're a great motivator - you should write a book on self help or something :tongue:

Ikr? I would if I didn't detest the 'self help' industry.
Original post by z33
I know! I'm so scared I know it's not the end of the world if i don't get the grades but it will still come close - would make it hell to try a different pathway and probably be in uni when i'm 30 hahaha. Hopefully we do get them though :biggrin: I'm tryna think of a backup plan - i should really be doing my homework haha. I'm getting Bs and Cs too on average, only got one D in a test in Chemistry (dammit I shoulda revised) and got one A in a test on Photosynthesis :/ hopefully the grades will improve once my actual hardcore revision starts - question is when :tongue:

30 isnt that bad:tongue:, there was someone in the news who was 91 and graduated in military intelligence:shock: including a PhD.

Yes...so much hwk its unreal:frown:, my 'mountains' and 'hills' of chemistry are still there and growing:biggrin:. Haha, I beat you on that D in Chem, I got an E in my first module:s-smilie::wink:. (been improvin tho) Do you have any idea what you want be when you're older?
Original post by z33
Same same :frown: I need to do something about it but I don't know where to start. I think I'll just do past papers and revise what I'm weak on instead of starting from scratch and then I'll start from scratch in Christmas.

Yh thats a good idea, I prob will do that as well but just dont stress about it too much that you begin to avoid it.
Remember, work is most stressful when you dont do it:smile:
Original post by z33
Lucky **** - January mocks -_- . Seems like a pretty solid plan tbh. I don't really use the notes I make - it's writing them that helps me. So i don't look at them again once I've written them, I just write them again and again and again. That works cos last year I got 92% ums in Bio unit 1 - but I got BBCC overall cos obv it takes FOREVERRRRR to do. I need to find a faster way. Now.

Same - can someone explain to me where October went because I'm pretty sure that month sneaked past me when I wasn't looking. UGH the work i need to catch up on though. And look I've been home for what feels like 2 mins and it's already like 8:30 pm WHY?!?!?!

Heheh! ;D And oh sorry! That's what I meant, I write out my notes over and over again to memorise them! I then try rewrite them by memory! :P Yupyup, still pretty good tho! Ooo, I would recommend trying to predict the questions! I predicted the questions for my sociology official exam thingy, and 3 out of 4 of them came up in one paper and 2 on the other! I got 100% 1st paper and 99% 2nd paper so I would highly recommend doing that! :biggrin:
Hmmm. A faster way? I guess it depends on your style of learning, maybe watch videos or speak out the notes repeatedly?
Reply 30
Original post by ForestShadow
30 isnt that bad:tongue:, there was someone in the news who was 91 and graduated in military intelligence:shock: including a PhD.

Yes...so much hwk its unreal:frown:, my 'mountains' and 'hills' of chemistry are still there and growing:biggrin:. Haha, I beat you on that D in Chem, I got an E in my first module:s-smilie::wink:. (been improvin tho) Do you have any idea what you want be when you're older?

whoa - guess we have a lifetime to get where we wanna be then :tongue: haha I can't even climb my Chemistry mountains - they're more like a cliff that I might end up falling off :3 Hey atleast you're improving! I'm stuck on a C! It's like if I don't try I get a C, if I work my arse off ... I get a C. So frustrating -_-

Hmmm i was so sure on Medicine but then I guess I realised that I would never stand a chance against those applicants and idk if I'd be willing to be at uni for 5 years straight (excluding the F1 and F2 years) like... if I can't even cope now with A-levels, idk how I'd cope at uni. But it still fascinates me. That's why I changed to pharmacy because I still get to work in Healthcare, help people, and it's got a lot of Chemistry and drugs in it which I find really interesting (not those kinda drugs lol). But now I've been looking at Computer Science and stuff. Arghhhh I can't decide!!! Either way all the courses I've been looking at want AAB minimum so still need to get those grades haha no way around it :tongue:

What about you? What do you wanna do?
Reply 31
I'm more worried about getting a uni offer atm :eek:
Original post by ozzie2

Same here, but im dreading the idea of getting rejected by a uni:frown:
Reply 33
Heheh! ;D And oh sorry! That's what I meant, I write out my notes over and over again to memorise them! I then try rewrite them by memory! :P Yupyup, still pretty good tho! Ooo, I would recommend trying to predict the questions! I predicted the questions for my sociology official exam thingy, and 3 out of 4 of them came up in one paper and 2 on the other! I got 100% 1st paper and 99% 2nd paper so I would highly recommend doing that! :biggrin:
Hmmm. A faster way? I guess it depends on your style of learning, maybe watch videos or speak out the notes repeatedly?

whoaaaaaaa 100%?! 99%?! Are you applying to oxbridge or something :eek: that's CRAZY! A month before. Wow... teach me your ways Master
Reply 34
Original post by ozzie2

I'm sure you guys will be fine

Spoiler

Reply 35

Yeah same, especially one I like and really want to go to :frown:

Original post by z33
I'm sure you guys will be fine

Spoiler

Some unis I'm applying to are higher than my predicted grades, only by one like grade, but at least it can push you to do well and show that you can do better than what you're predicted :smile:
Original post by z33
whoaaaaaaa 100%?! 99%?! Are you applying to oxbridge or something :eek: that's CRAZY! A month before. Wow... teach me your ways Master

omg nooooo! XDD Oxford doesn't do the course I want to do (English lit and creative writing) it does look pretty and snaps, but you have to do scary interviews and stuff ;-; Plus it was by luck that I enjoyed the questions that came up XDD Well, I revised for the mocks during christmas, so it was just re capping and learning the new content? D: Plus I revised nonstop during the weeks before exams so idk ;-; I think its because I really enjoy all of my subjects a lot, so I love learning it? DDX SDFGH Noooo DDDx I can't actually remember half of what I learnt for sociology anyway...xD :tongue:
Reply 37
Original post by ozzie2
Some unis I'm applying to are higher than my predicted grades, only by one like grade, but at least it can push you to do well and show that you can do better than what you're predicted :smile:

yeah i know someone who got an offer for an AAB course but were predicted BBC
Reply 38
omg nooooo! XDD Oxford doesn't do the course I want to do (English lit and creative writing) it does look pretty and snaps, but you have to do scary interviews and stuff ;-; Plus it was by luck that I enjoyed the questions that came up XDD Well, I revised for the mocks during christmas, so it was just re capping and learning the new content? D: Plus I revised nonstop during the weeks before exams so idk ;-; I think its because I really enjoy all of my subjects a lot, so I love learning it? DDX SDFGH Noooo DDDx I can't actually remember half of what I learnt for sociology anyway...xD :tongue:

Haha awhhhh well it shows that hardwork does pay off!! I'm glad you did well and I hope you still do and that you'll get to go to the uni you wanna go to :biggrin: hopefully the exams are easy and the boundaries are low this year :tongue: I'm gonna try and get high As in my mocks so I can slap my teachers for predicting me BBB - literally the only thing motivating me right now hahaha
Original post by High Stakes

The hours make days, the days make the months, months make the years, we all differ.(Plus I think I'm on your list so I have to get them!)
Original post by z33

I know right! So much work yet such little time.:wink:That's right Z! WE CAN DO THIS! WE WILL GET THOSE A'S!

Quick Reply

Latest