The Student Room Group

Doesn't science explain why the universe began?

Agree or disagree
Comment below with evidences
For my exam
What do you mean "why"? This presupposes there's a reason for why the universe came into existence, of which there is no evidence for.
A reason for "why" won't be proved by science given that it's a very philosophical question as opposed to a scientific one. Do you mean "how", mate?
Reply 3
Original post by Retired_Messiah
A reason for "why" won't be proved by science given that it's a very philosophical question as opposed to a scientific one. Do you mean "how", mate?

Yeah I meant how ,my mistake
Reply 4
Because there is no evidence that we can use as a fundamental bases and be like ''Yeah that's how the world was created''. It's more that there are a series of experiments that we can use. Though we are yet to put them together.
Reply 5
What exam are you taking that asks how the science proves the world came into being?
Reply 6
How and why are very different questions. Science strives to answer the former, but not the latter.
Reply 7
No offense, but you are making a lot of threads concerning god and religion aren't you?

Are you sure this is for your "exam"?:eyeball:
Because nobody knows. Making up fairy stories is religion's job.
Big bang innit.
Original post by Geek_shay
Yeah I meant how ,my mistake

Aight aight, erm... idk if Big bang is 100% definitive cuz physics ain't my subject, but that was thought up because of something to do with Einstein, Red shift and something about radiation all over the universe? I learned the very basic gist of it in philosophy, oddly enough. Something to do with trying to prove that the universe hadn't existed for an infinite amount of time....

Quick Reply

Latest