The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham A2B Medicine 2016

Is anyone applying to medicine through A2B this year? If so have you heard anything back yet? All I have at the moment is a mock interview invitation?

Anyone else just applying to medicine through the standard pathway at Birmingham? Have you heard anything yet?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied through the a2b scheme for dentistry but haven't received anything, not even a mock interview - when did you apply/ receive a mock interview?

If you don't mind me asking what was your ukcat/AS/gcse/predicated grades?
Reply 2
I have applied for medicine and have a mock interview on the 3rd of December but haven't got a real interview.
Hi, when did you receive your mock interview? and was it via email?
Reply 4
Original post by Agent R5
Hi, I applied through the a2b scheme for dentistry but haven't received anything, not even a mock interview - when did you apply/ receive a mock interview?

If you don't mind me asking what was your ukcat/AS/gcse/predicated grades?

I applied on the 15th October,and I got a mock interview invitation on the 6th November, for the 25th of November.

Predicted - AAA
GCSE's - 1 A*, 8 A's, 2 B's, 1 C
My UKCAT was 600 average, with Band 1.
Reply 5

Yeah it was via email. I received the invitation on the 6th November, the interview is for the 25th November
Reply 6

I received it yesterday and yes, it was via email. Although I did email them earlier yesterday asking about the A2B mock. I'm not sure whether that prompted them to send me the invitation earleir or not. Good luck.
Reply 7
Original post by Jpw1097
I received it yesterday and yes, it was via email. Although I did email them earlier yesterday asking about the A2B mock. I'm not sure whether that prompted them to send me the invitation earleir or not. Good luck.

Thank you, you too! I'm just curious to whether our applications get considered later for actual interview because we are doing A2B, I know that when you put an application in it goes to A2B offices first to be approved and then to your subject teachers after, so perhaps that's why we haven't received real interviews yet?
Reply 8
Original post by gregambrose
Thank you, you too! I'm just curious to whether our applications get considered later for actual interview because we are doing A2B, I know that when you put an application in it goes to A2B offices first to be approved and then to your subject teachers after, so perhaps that's why we haven't received real interviews yet?

Yeah I thought it may have something to do with that, at least I hope so. It seems as though they're blitzing through interviews now and I was starting to get a bit concerned.
Reply 9
Original post by Jpw1097
Yeah I thought it may have something to do with that, at least I hope so. It seems as though they're blitzing through interviews now and I was starting to get a bit concerned.

Same here, well at least k haven't of any A2B students receiving interviews yet, which is positive. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer.
Same here, well at least k haven't of any A2B students receiving interviews yet, which is positive. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer.

I hope so.

So what are your stats then?
Perhaps I should email?
I applied on the 15th October,and I got a mock interview invitation on the 6th November, for the 25th of November.

Predicted - AAA
GCSE's - 1 A*, 8 A's, 2 B's, 1 C
My UKCAT was 600 average, with Band 1.

Your stats are very similar to mine, I have AAA predicated with 1a* 7a's and 3b's at gcse along with a average of 590 in the UKCAT, although I haven't yet even received a mock interview- I am applying for Dentistry not Medicine.
Your stats are very similar to mine, I have AAA predicated with 1a* 7a's and 3b's at gcse along with a average of 590 in the UKCAT, although I haven't yet even received a mock interview- I am applying for Dentistry not Medicine.

Do you think A2B applicants might have to wait a bit longer to hear back?
Original post by Jpw1097
Do you think A2B applicants might have to wait a bit longer to hear back?

I would guess that there could be a possible delay of about a day but nothing major.
I would guess that there could be a possible delay of about a day but nothing major.

I just mean because Birmingham are handing interviews out now and by the looks of it on last years A2B medicine thread people seemed to be getting real interviews during the last week or two of November. So surely there's more interviews to hand out?
Reply 17
Original post by Jpw1097
So what are your stats then?

My stats are above, I posted them earlier
Reply 18
Original post by Jpw1097
I just mean because Birmingham are handing interviews out now and by the looks of it on last years A2B medicine thread people seemed to be getting real interviews during the last week or two of November. So surely there's more interviews to hand out?

Thanks what I noticed as well, I just really hope that's the reason! Since the mock interview invite I haven't heard anything. Also I think it would take longer than a day to process an A2B application
Reply 19
Still haven't heard anything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending