The Student Room Group

[WEEKS LEFT: 23] What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract.

Scroll to see replies

as: A A A A
a2: A* A* A A
(edited 8 years ago)
I will get AAB this year. I will!!! I am predicted same, but dont know how achieveable this is considering I got BBCC last year. :frown:
The responses literally emphasizes the competition between students for university. It's intimidating :redface:
I've been predicted 5A*s, but realistically I'm aiming for 4A*s max... I'm finding Chemistry quite difficult this year (synthesis routes :frown: )
I already have 1A* in Maths and trying for A*s in Further Maths, Physics and Biology.
If I get an A* in Chemistry that would be a bonus but I'm not keeping my hopes too high

14 exams and 5 EMPAs this year :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reader106
The responses literally emphasizes the competition between students for university. It's intimidating :redface:

The sort of people who would post in this thread (i.e. highly goal-oriented) are far more likely to be aiming for very high grades and in general TSR probably has a higher percentage of high-achieving students than the general student population. I mean sure you can say that nevertheless there are still a lot of people getting really good grades, but there are loads getting worse, so I wouldn't be disheartened by all the lofty goals in this thread (you can choose to be inspired by them instead :tongue:)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The sort of people who would post in this thread (i.e. highly goal-oriented) are far more likely to be aiming for very high grades and in general TSR probably has a higher percentage of high-achieving students than the general student population. I mean sure you can say that nevertheless there are still a lot of people getting really good grades, but there are loads getting worse, so I wouldn't be disheartened by all the lofty goals in this thread (you can choose to be inspired by them instead :tongue:)

Yeah, the only reason I'm aiming so high is because I know if I aimed lower I would get lower, that's just the way my mind works
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

Yeah, it really puts things into perspective. I thought I was a pretty decent student in my college but this! And yeah I put in 0 effort last year until March time when my exams started in May. But this year is going to be different.:h:
Original post by Windowswind123
Yeah, the only reason I'm aiming so high is because I know if I aimed lower I would get lower, that's just the way my mind works

I swear I remember some study which showed that people who think about getting high grades and imagine their own success more are actually more likely to succeed.
pass in btec hair and beauty
Original post by ubisoft
pass in btec hair and beauty

Cmon lad, a distinction in brick laying is very well achievable
Original post by Salient_Drive
Cmon lad, a distinction in brick laying is very well achievable

i done that last year and failed :frown: they expelled me for eating the cement
Original post by ubisoft
i done that last year and failed :frown: they expelled me for eating the cement

Sorry to hear that, maybe you should do A levels instead, much easier
Original post by Salient_Drive
Sorry to hear that, maybe you should do A levels instead, much easier

actually they transferred me to cambridge because that was the easiest course. I might transfer to harvard though because thats the easiest one
Going to add the other people. You all better be getting those grades. :bhangra:

Weeks left till mid May (when most exams start) is 26.
Original post by High Stakes
Going to add the other people. You all better be getting those grades. :bhangra:

Weeks left till mid May (when most exams start) is 26.

Bloody hell...26 weeks left? that feels like nothing. But it means EVERYYYTHINGGGGGG.

*Painfully laughs*
Upped the ante to A*A*A*A*A. Go big or go home.

Add me please.

A*A*A*A*A*A*A* STEP(S,S,S)

I think you meant results day 2016 in your OP!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Bloody hell...26 weeks left? that feels like nothing. But it means EVERYYYTHINGGGGGG.

*Painfully laughs*

*Puts on a weak smile*

We will make it. I hope.

*Coughs up blood from seeing impending doom*
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
Add me please.

A*A*A*A*A*A*A* STEP(S,S,S)

I think you meant results day 2016 in your OP!

You're doing 7 A levels? Can you list them? lol
@Princepieman Let's get those grades. :smile: All or nothing.
*Puts on a weak smile*

We will make it. I hope.

*Coughs up blood from seeing impending doom*

*tears up slightly*

It will be alright. *she says, half disagreeing....*:smile:

*Tells you to wipe away your blood, because that is gross!*

Quick Reply

Latest