The Student Room Group

Classics Applicants 2016

Hey! Just thought I'd make a thread for Classics Applicants for 2016 entry because i can't seem to find another one (correct me if I'm wrong). Any other hopeful classicists out there? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there - I'm in!
Original post by Look,Yes,But,See
Hi there - I'm in!

Hey again! :smile:
Hey, I've applied for classics too :smile:
What offers has everyone got?

I have Kings and Warwick but not heard from UCL - my first choice, not sure if that is a bad sign - lots of Chemists and Economists seems to have offers... :tux:

I understood the Oxford test was hard - I guess that just stretches out the field rather than being a bad thing, assuming everyone thought it was hard... Good luck!
What offers has everyone got?

I have Kings and Warwick but not heard from UCL - my first choice, not sure if that is a bad sign - lots of Chemists and Economists seems to have offers... :tux:

I understood the Oxford test was hard - I guess that just stretches out the field rather than being a bad thing, assuming everyone thought it was hard... Good luck!

Hey I've only got Exeter, and I haven't heard from UCL either :smile: yeah it was so difficult! :frown:
Hey fellow classicists! I have offers from Kings, Exeter and Nottingham. Just waiting for Durham and Cambridge (yikes!)
Hello guys! I'm going to apply for St Andrews, Glasgow, Reading, Royal Holloway and Kings -according to my careers advisor these are "unconventional choices" but oh well
Original post by Riverstar
Hello guys! I'm going to apply for St Andrews, Glasgow, Reading, Royal Holloway and Kings -according to my careers advisor these are "unconventional choices" but oh well

Sounds brilliant! :tongue:ingu:
Hi! I've applied to St Andrews, Newcastle, Kings, Durham and Cambridge. So far, I've got an offer from Newcastle.
Hey, I applied at Exeter how long did it take you guys to get replies? And what conditions did you get, aswell as grades last year?
I really want to go there, but I dunno if they'll accept me or not
Reply 11
Hello, I have also applied for Classics :smile:
Original post by rhi_el
Hello, I have also applied for Classics :smile:

Great - where have you applied?:tongue:ingu:
Reply 13
Great - where have you applied?:tongue:ingu:

Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham. You?
Original post by rhi_el
Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham. You?

UCL first choice, then Durham, Warwick (offer), Exeter and KCL (offer).

It looks like quite a few people are getting offers from UCL (in other subjects), hope that's not a bad sign.

:tux:
Reply 15
UCL first choice, then Durham, Warwick (offer), Exeter and KCL (offer).

It looks like quite a few people are getting offers from UCL (in other subjects), hope that's not a bad sign.

:tux:

Ah, I am sure it isn't... They do different subjects at totally different times so I wouldn't worry! I only have an offer from Exeter so far :smile:
Hey all :smile:
Have legitimately no clue what to do for uni, since applying and then backing out from Cambridge this year.
Was considering a gap year to get my Latin back up to standard, since I did used to love doing Latin at GCSE.
Does anyone have any advice? I know it's not really directly applying but still ^^
(I'm predicted A*AA if that helps at all ^^)
Reply 17
Original post by SkyRees
Hey all :smile:
Have legitimately no clue what to do for uni, since applying and then backing out from Cambridge this year.
Was considering a gap year to get my Latin back up to standard, since I did used to love doing Latin at GCSE.
Does anyone have any advice? I know it's not really directly applying but still ^^
(I'm predicted A*AA if that helps at all ^^)

Had you applied for Classics?
Original post by rhi_el
Had you applied for Classics?

I had, but backed out before I even sent off my application. I was aiming for the 4-year Classics course since I don't do A Level Latin/Greek.

At this point I'm debating applying this year at all - just can't make my mind up, I don't feel passionate about anything enough to do it for 3/4 more years.
Well, except Latin, but my Sixth Form didn't do it.
Reply 19
Original post by SkyRees
I had, but backed out before I even sent off my application. I was aiming for the 4-year Classics course since I don't do A Level Latin/Greek.

At this point I'm debating applying this year at all - just can't make my mind up, I don't feel passionate about anything enough to do it for 3/4 more years.
Well, except Latin, but my Sixth Form didn't do it.

If your school doesn't offer Latin A level then have a gap year (I'm on one atm) and apply for the 4 year course next year. It's one year for the rest of your life, do what you love. You owe it to yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending