The Student Room Group

How Autistic are YOU?

Scroll to see replies

25. Not bad. A square number :biggrin:
Original post by Kittiara
I scored 39. But I was diagnosed with ASD a few months ago, so that makes sense. :redface:

I'm the exact same as you:h:
Original post by OU Student
You won't automatically get extra time in exams.

@WoodyMKC - there's a lot of crossover between things like Autism and social anxiety. It's not that unusual for adults to be misdiagnosed with things like social anxiety first.

Well people in my school get it....
Original post by 
Well people in my school get it....

Doesn't mean you will. And how do you know they get it for Autism? They could also get it for other conditions too.

No wonder others get pissed off at people getting extra time in exams.
Doesn't mean you will. And how do you know they get it for Autism? They could also get it for other conditions too.

No wonder others get pissed off at people getting extra time in exams.

I speak to them...
Some for Aspergers, Some for dyslexia and some for Autism. One for ADHD.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 
I speak to them...

and you believe everything you're told?

Either way, it's a ridiculous reason to want to get a diagnosis. As I've said, you may not even get extra time. You may even get a diagnosis. Why would you even get a diagnosis if it's clearly not causing you problems? I only have a diagnosis after a pretty spetacular mental breakdown at uni in which I almost killed myself.
and you believe everything you're told?

Either way, it's a ridiculous reason to want to get a diagnosis. As I've said, you may not even get extra time. You may even get a diagnosis. Why would you even get a diagnosis if it's clearly not causing you problems? I only have a diagnosis after a pretty spetacular mental breakdown at uni in which I almost killed myself.

"if i was diagnosed with it then apart from the burden i would carry round of being diagnosed with it (psychologically believing myself to be), It could work in my favour to get extra time on exams!"

Okay, what are you even talking about? The whole situation was hypothetical, and even if i did want a diagnosis. which i never said, then the reason is subjective. It may be a ridiculous reason to you, but i might find it an amazing reason as we have different circumstances.
Also, i said "it could work in my favour", not "I'm going to get diagnosed so i can definitely get extra time on exams, that's sure to work in my favour!!!!". Either way, if i did that i wouldn't have anything to lose other than "the burden...." which i mentioned in my original comment.
No one said i was going to get a flipping diagnosis anyway so please when you comment on something, make sure you read it first.

And no. Believing everything i am told is quite different to what i have done. Speaking to several different people on separate occasions, being told the reason they have extra time and with there being no reason to lie, me believing them is justified. Also the unlikeliness of each individual person who also has the condition in which they told me, to lie about it works in favour of me believing them.
I got 13 :biggrin:
Original post by Keyhofi
25. Not bad. A square number :biggrin:

One could say ,your in your prime :smile: !
I scored 17 on that quiz. Apparently 0-29 means "no autism." But I was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. :s-smilie:

Then again, most of the questions are asking things along the lines of how good your memory is, if you notice the tiniest details or not, and whether you're extroverted or introverted, so take your results with a pinch of salt. While the test looks for stereotypical aspects commonly found in people with the condition, the autistic spectrum is a very complicated one with no 'black and white' symptoms, and everyone is affected differently.

I think the test would give a better idea if it had more questions related to responses to sensory stimuli, but even then, it's just a little quiz.
(edited 8 years ago)
I got 39. I have extremely bad social anxiety and Asperger's, soo...... :rolleyes:
Original post by RCLeahcar
I scored 17 on that quiz. Apparently 0-29 means "no autism." But I was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. :s-smilie:

Then again, most of the questions are asking things along the lines of how good your memory is, if you notice the tiniest details or not, and whether you're extroverted or introverted, so take your results with a pinch of salt. While the test looks for stereotypical aspects commonly found in people with the condition, the autistic spectrum is a very complicated one with no 'black and white' symptoms, and everyone is affected differently.

I think the test would give a better idea if it had more questions related to responses to sensory stimuli, but even then, it's just a little quiz.

What do you think of this one? http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php Seems much more extensive. I always score highly in it as opposed to the one in this thread for which my score varies.
got 16
Reply 134
Got 38, what do I win?
Edit: Oh wait, someone used that line already.
(edited 8 years ago)
I got 35
But was cursed/blessed/whatevered by being told I'm autistic when I was 14 or 15
:u:
Original post by Foo.mp3
What were you expecting, something in a higher bracket? :holmes:

Yeah. I know I'm not autistic but I was expecting at least around 20.

K
Original post by Foo.mp3
Plain Jane / 10 :mmm:

Erm excuse me? :colonhash: Plain Jane? So rude.
27 good to know :0

Quick Reply

Latest