The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
It was my 12th or 13th exam out of 14, all within the space of a month. Physics, to make it worse. I was sat right at the front, and a teacher was in front of me, cutting up pieces of paper in preparation for her next lesson for Year 7 or something.

So it was this really quiet exam hall (our library because there were only about 6 of us) and I was finding the paper difficult, and adrenaline was pumping from being in the exam, and in my head the sound of her cutting up paper was much louder than it was, so I was frustrated at how difficult the paper was and kind of projected it onto her, because I got a headache during the exam and thought that it was her fault.

I walked out, made a complaint about her to senior staff and the head teacher was called and everything, and he said fine and let the exams officer file for mitigating circumstances, provided I got a note from the doctor.. Which they wouldn't give me but anyway.

I think all of that happened because I cracked under the pressure of doing that many exams.

Bit of a low point in my life to be honest.

Honestly I don't think that was 'trivial' at all. She should not have been doing that. The same thing happens to me, like my heart is beating so loud I can hear my own heartbeat and even when I hear something on top of that even a pen click it makes me uncomfortable, especially in a high pressure situation. I'm glad you complained!

In my chemistry exam the fire alarm went off, I felt like dying. Like it was awful, especially when your under such huge amounts of pressure.

A-levels are such a drag you to such a 'low' point though. I feel sick already and it's November, the time passing away makes me feel even more sick to my stomach. I can't imagine how sick I will feel by June. :frown:
Original post by z33
anyone else stressed af?

Yes. :redface: Asddgfjdlslfghjkl.

Original post by ForestShadow
X

You are just hilarious. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going for A*AB , gonna be impossible though ;(

Anyways , back to my coursework!
There's no point stressing lol the time you spend worrying could be spent studying!

Of course there's that thought in the back of my mind from time to time like 'What if I don't meet my offer?' but I'm way more chilled this year than last. I know exactly where I went wrong last year and what I did right, and I'm keeping up with work and I'm finding things more interesting this year generally.

I'm going for A*AB or A*AA, good luck to everyone.
Reply 64
Original post by aamirac
Nah I love Physics. It's my favorite. I didn't think it would be but when you have it everyday with a great teacher can't help it.
I wish I got to do Computing! I loved it at GCSE and always wanted to pursue it further but no one in my area offered it :redface:

oh you see i had a really **** teacher in year 10 - was getting Es and Ds maximum
then i got this AMAZING teacher who was honestly the best - I hated physics at that point but he got me A*s and As in the P1,P2 and P3 units in like 6 months after an examboard change when we were all demotivated he helped us out

so i was like **** yeah I'm taking physics A-level - this teacher made me fall back in love with it. Sadly he left :frown: he was still helping and replying to our emails when we asked for advice and he was still really helpful even though he went to Finland - he still cared :smile: But we got a teacher (who was nice) but he just.... he wasnt a good teacher lets put it that way. He was the ONLY physics teacher in the school - and he had no idea how the examboards worked, the structure and stuff of the course and he had to learn that the poor thing. Anyway I ended up with a C :frown:

Maybe later on in life I'll do something physics-y :tongue: it's always been a dream of mine haha but not one i can do at the moment because well i didn't take maths and I'm not good at it either lol - eventually i'll come back to it

i didnt do computing at GCSE but i quite liked it at AS! Struggling at A2 though cos my programming aint up to scratch lol but the theory is fine and i like it :smile:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Honestly I don't think that was 'trivial' at all. She should not have been doing that. The same thing happens to me, like my heart is beating so loud I can hear my own heartbeat and even when I hear something on top of that even a pen click it makes me uncomfortable, especially in a high pressure situation. I'm glad you complained!

In my chemistry exam the fire alarm went off, I felt like dying. Like it was awful, especially when your under such huge amounts of pressure.

A-levels are such a drag you to such a 'low' point though. I feel sick already and it's November, the time passing away makes me feel even more sick to my stomach. I can't imagine how sick I will feel by June. :frown:

:grouphugs: aww, that must have been awful! I hope that you got extra time for that.

There's still a fair bit of time to exams, with the right amount of preparation hopefully you won't feel as sick as you might think now, rather confident and excited at the prospect of chillaxing in the summer.
Reply 66
Nah, not going to uni so it's not a massive deal.
Reply 67
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I'm going for A*AB , gonna be impossible though ;(

Anyways , back to my coursework!

Nah it's possible don't worry

I should be doing my Biology homework lol good luck!

Original post by beyknowles2
There's no point stressing lol the time you spend worrying could be spent studying!

Of course there's that thought in the back of my mind from time to time like 'What if I don't meet my offer?' but I'm way more chilled this year than last. I know exactly where I went wrong last year and what I did right, and I'm keeping up with work and I'm finding things more interesting this year generally.

I'm going for A*AB or A*AA, good luck to everyone.

true that but still i'm scared ****less - thank you! I hope you get your grades and omg on results day if I get AAA, i won't even cry, or laugh or do anything, i will go home, get in my bed, and sleep properly without stress and guilt consuming me like it has for the past 4 years!! Then i'll spend a year playing PlayStation games and just sleeping hahaha #goals

then UNI TIME BABEH :3

i agree A2 is way more interesting - hopefully that motivates me to learn it haha

good luck!
Original post by SeanFM
:grouphugs: aww, that must have been awful! I hope that you got extra time for that.

There's still a fair bit of time to exams, with the right amount of preparation hopefully you won't feel as sick as you might think now, rather confident and excited at the prospect of chillaxing in the summer.

I'm sorry that I don't proof read, that post was like word vomit! :biggrin:

Yes we did thankfully, but I could still it ringing in my brain after! :frown: not a good feeling.

Thank you, I really hope so! At the same time I know I'm not alone in this, so that makes me feel slightly better. I hope after christmas I feel a bit more calm since I would have hopefully used the holidays to my advantage! :smile:
I'm quite stressed! Luckily I've got an unconditional from what will be my insurance, so it's not the end of the world if A2 goes badly... but I really really want AAA or above so I can go to what will be my firm. There's a lot more of everything in A2 - more to learn for History (and the coursework is hell), more random examples to learn for Politics, and more wider reading and analysis for Lit, so it's quite overwhelming at times.

I'm really looking forward to it all being over - though this time next year, when at university, I'll probably think A2 is relatively easy and I should've appreciated it more...
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I'm quite stressed! Luckily I've got an unconditional from what will be my insurance, so it's not the end of the world if A2 goes badly... but I really really want AAA or above so I can go to what will be my firm. There's a lot more of everything in A2 - more to learn for History (and the coursework is hell), more random examples to learn for Politics, and more wider reading and analysis for Lit, so it's quite overwhelming at times.

I'm really looking forward to it all being over - though this time next year, when at university, I'll probably think A2 is relatively easy and I should've appreciated it more...

You are living my life. LOL.
Reply 71
Aiming for A*AAB but man thats not gonna happen :cookie:
Might just give up and become a drug dealer or a stripper :getmecoat:
Original post by z33
Nah it's possible don't worry

I should be doing my Biology homework lol good luck!

true that but still i'm scared ****less - thank you! I hope you get your grades and omg on results day if I get AAA, i won't even cry, or laugh or do anything, i will go home, get in my bed, and sleep properly without stress and guilt consuming me like it has for the past 4 years!! Then i'll spend a year playing PlayStation games and just sleeping hahaha #goals

then UNI TIME BABEH :3

i agree A2 is way more interesting - hopefully that motivates me to learn it haha

good luck!

I know im capable of getting those grades , but lately i've been really lazy and just dont care for some reason. I haven't even applied through ucas and the personal statement deadline is tommorow.
Original post by z33
oh you see i had a really **** teacher in year 10 - was getting Es and Ds maximum
then i got this AMAZING teacher who was honestly the best - I hated physics at that point but he got me A*s and As in the P1,P2 and P3 units in like 6 months after an examboard change when we were all demotivated he helped us out

so i was like **** yeah I'm taking physics A-level - this teacher made me fall back in love with it. Sadly he left :frown: he was still helping and replying to our emails when we asked for advice and he was still really helpful even though he went to Finland - he still cared :smile: But we got a teacher (who was nice) but he just.... he wasnt a good teacher lets put it that way. He was the ONLY physics teacher in the school - and he had no idea how the examboards worked, the structure and stuff of the course and he had to learn that the poor thing. Anyway I ended up with a C :frown:

Maybe later on in life I'll do something physics-y :tongue: it's always been a dream of mine haha but not one i can do at the moment because well i didn't take maths and I'm not good at it either lol - eventually i'll come back to it

i didnt do computing at GCSE but i quite liked it at AS! Struggling at A2 though cos my programming aint up to scratch lol but the theory is fine and i like it :smile:

I've never really had an 'amazing teacher' at GCSE for the sciences. Maybe my maths teacher. I didn't realise I liked physics until I chose it for A level tbh. I do not regret it at all.

That teacher is ever so kind. If only all the teachers were like that.

I would love to something in Physics too. But with no maths, what you can do is limited. I'm going to a lecture tomorrow at my dream uni for a physics lecture and it's going to be sad as I would never sit there for an actual lecture in the future. Life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I know im capable of getting those grades , but lately i've been really lazy and just dont care for some reason. I haven't even applied through ucas and the personal statement deadline is tommorow.

well... atleast you're capable of getting the grades! I can't! i know it's really weird - i really want them but i just feel too tired to fight for them lol. It's fine screw UCAS man the most important thing is the grades - then apply after a gap year which you can spend having fun :tongue: that's my plan anyway lol i need a break DESPERATELY haha
Reply 75
Original post by aamirac
I've never really had an 'amazing teacher' at GCSE for the sciences. Maybe my maths teacher. I didn't realise I liked physics until I chose it for A level tbh. I do not regret it at all.

That teacher is ever so kind. If only all the teachers were like that.

I would love to something in Physics too. But with no maths, what you can do is limited. I'm going to a lecture tomorrow at my dream uni for a physics lecture and it's going to be sad as I would never sit there for an actual lecture in the future. Life.

hey there's foundation years! you could just take a gap year and do the 2 years of maths in that year and then apply afterwards! no door is closed when it comes to uni :wink: there's a million and one paths to the same ending so it doesn't matter which one you take :biggrin:
Original post by z33
hey there's foundation years! you could just take a gap year and do the 2 years of maths in that year and then apply afterwards! no door is closed when it comes to uni :wink: there's a million and one paths to the same ending so it doesn't matter which one you take :biggrin:

I was thinking of doing that. Taking a gap year and do Maths then. But Imperial College London is such a nice uni. It's full of geeks who love science. It's my second home. Going to have a further snoop around after the lecture tomorrow. :lol:
Reply 77
Original post by aamirac
I was thinking of doing that. Taking a gap year and do Maths then. But Imperial College London is such a nice uni. It's full of geeks who love science. It's my second home. Going to have a further snoop around after the lecture tomorrow. :lol:

haha yeah it's obviously a very very good uni - but tbh when I went there it didn't... LOOK special you know? Like i didn't like the look and feel of it. But the whole time i was like omg... i am in THE Imperial College London! Like wow i feel like i shouldn't be here (too stupid lol). Have fun haha :tongue:
I'm ****ting myself for A2...

...And I'm only a half-term into 1st Year.
The stress is real for me. A*A*A*A & 1S in STEP. I'm studying in all my free time however I get really anxious during exams, it would suck to freeze up and have all my preparation go down the ****ter.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest