The Student Room Group

Think my teacher is racist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vuvuzela
Thanks guys for the help. I didn't even realise but a few days ago I went into a year 7 science class taught by another chem teacher, asking to use the printer, he said no it doesn't work, and then one of the yr 7s shouted 'but sir someone just came in and printed something' he was like 'errrrrrrrr..... that was something else..' so I went to the next room, and printed it from there, walked into his room and collected it. Maybe racism is inherent in male chemistry teachers at my school yo

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't let it get to you, but don't let him get away with ****ing with your grades either. the best thing you can do is to make sure you've done everything you need to do. don't make it easy for them.
Hi OP :hi: okay, my reply is going to be reeeeally long so you'll just have to bear with me :gah:

If it makes you feel better, I previously had a similar experience with two of my teachers in school. My teachers used to (and sometimes still do, but not as often as before)put me down about my work all the time while praising the girls in my class who got the same mark as me. If it was a subject I'm not too bothered about I wouldn't make that much of a fuss, but the fact that it is my favourite subject and I'm applying to study it at uni to then have the teachers that teach the subject act so negatively towards me was something I couldn't take anymore :nope: Like it was so bad that some of the girls in my class were like 'wtf is their problem with you :lolwut:??'

I got really upset by it obviously, and spoke to my form tutor who then went to have a private word with the two teachers and passed this incident up to the head of year. After that happened, the teachers didn't really do anything except just tell me the work I needed to do and just gave me my marked papers without really commenting on it. They're clearly chatty with the other members of my class except for me :lol: but idc, only 6/7 months left to go :innocent:

Can I just add I got an A in my AS for the subject and they were considering predicting me a C! :hmmm: that issue got sorted though during parents' evening when I had a meeting with the head of year and the teachers in question, along with my fuming father taking this all in one the side (:console:)

To sum up my v v sad story, if it concerns you - don't hesitate to go and tell your head of year, they have your best interests at heart. It's so unprofessional and disheartening when a teacher treats their pupil like this; they come to be educated, not treated like trash. Don't sit back and let it soak in because you deserve a lot better than this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by King Mal
I deal with the exact same thing!!! I can't even fully get into it but I have a professor now who antagonises me in the same way and I just ignore him. Because he's trying to piss me off and if I lose it that's my ass, not his. He is a gonna have his job but he'll affect my grades because I'd have escalated the personal issues.

My sister is dealing with bitchy women (and a bitchy guy she rejected) at work right now being like that too. Being cliquey

I hate passive aggressive people how much longer is your class for? I tell my sister to deal with it by just being a bigger passive aggressive bitch and being on her phone/reading the paper when she can around them. Do that read a book or something shut him out :colone:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hi OP :hi: okay, my reply is going to be reeeeally long so you'll just have to bear with me :gah:

If it makes you feel better, I previously had a similar experience with two of my teachers in school. My teachers used to (and sometimes still do, but not as often as before)put me down about my work all the time while praising the girls in my class who got the same mark as me. If it was a subject I'm not too bothered about I wouldn't make that much of a fuss, but the fact that it is my favourite subject and I'm applying to study it at uni to then have the teachers that teach the subject act so negatively towards me was something I couldn't take anymore :nope: Like it was so bad that some of the girls in my class were like 'wtf is their problem with you :lolwut:??'

I got really upset by it obviously, and spoke to my form tutor who then went to have a private word with the two teachers and passed this incident up to the head of year. After that happened, the teachers didn't really do anything except just tell me the work I needed to do and just gave me my marked papers without really commenting on it. They're clearly chatty with the other members of my class except for me :lol: but idc, only 6/7 months left to go :innocent:

Can I just add I got an A in my AS for the subject and they were considering predicting me a C! :hmmm: that issue got sorted though during parents' evening when I had a meeting with the head of year and the teachers in question, along with my fuming father taking this all in one the side (:console:)

To sum up my v v sad story, if it concerns you - don't hesitate to go and tell your head of year, they have your best interests at heart. It's so unprofessional and disheartening when a teacher treats their pupil like this; they come to be educated, not treated like trash. Don't sit back and let it soak in because you deserve a lot better than this.

Lucky to have your dad and some backbone :hugs: now go away
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
My sister is dealing with bitchy women (and a bitchy guy she rejected) at work right now being like that too. Being cliquey

I hate passive aggressive people how much longer is your class for? I tell my sister to deal with it by just being a bigger passive aggressive bitch and being on her phone/reading the paper when she can around them. Do that read a book or something shut him out :colone:

I have several classes with him and have had other classes as well and he is just...:nah: only thing I can do is shut him up with the quality of my work but if he keeps it up I will ruin him
Lucky to have your dad and some backbone :hugs: now go away

I'll step on your big toe
Just to remind you how to behave :colonhash:
I have several classes with him and have had other classes as well and he is just...:nah: only thing I can do is shut him up with the quality of my work but if he keeps it up I will ruin him

Can you not record this on your phone hide it in your bag and then report him once you finish his class :colone: :wink:

Repped. Sorry to hear your teachers are ****s :nope:
Can you not record this on your phone hide it in your bag and then report him once you finish his class :colone: :wink:

I have done stuff like that before but've never had to use it. My issue comes with if he marks me unfairly but I am keeping at bay and keeping calm because one he works over my mother at my Uni and two he is letting me do a separate midterm that I took late. If I lose it on him or draw attention to personal **** he will use it against me. I've never had to take this response before because I always was a model student before and never needed to accept disrespect for the benefit of my grades :sigh:
I'll step on your big toe
Just to remind you how to behave :colonhash:

you look dusty.
what's that on your lip? looks crusty.
Is that a cold sore? :hmmm:
must be. :K:
I have done stuff like that before but've never had to use it. My issue comes with if he marks me unfairly but I am keeping at bay and keeping calm because one he works over my mother at my Uni and two he is letting me do a separate midterm that I took late. If I lose it on him or draw attention to personal **** he will use it against me. I've never had to take this response before because I always was a model student before and never needed to accept disrespect for the benefit of my grades :sigh:

Does he mistreat your mum too?
Reply 71
Original post by vuvuzela
Have a sneaking suspicion my chem teacher is a racist. I always seem to get less in tests than the other kids for writing the same answers. I am looking to have coursework marked independently I am that worried? I fear that because he knows I am looking for a reprediction of my A2 grades he will mark my mock poorly like he did last year at AS (went from a C to and A when I complained, I just wasn't given, marks, and he missed so many that it ruled out accident) My other chem teacher left so now it's just him, but of course I have no proof that he is a racist, so I don't want to brand him, because his motives may be something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought my bio teacher was racist last year, although I thought I was good, everyone else seemed to always get better marks than me, in the actual thing they all did better than me.

This year I approach bio with an open mind and learn from my mistakes, now my marks are as good as my friends.

Work on your mistakes and improve them, they cannot mark you down if your answer is fully correct can they?
Reply 72
Best revenge is getting the best grade in the class. I had a teacher who always picked on me (don't know if it was racism or not). She refused to help me, answer my questions properly etc. Her face was priceless when I got A* :lol:
Does he mistreat your mum too?

He tries to exert power over her by going to the head to get her to do work for him, and then he approaches her while she's getting in her car (idk about you but massive threat to me) and grills her about me. She comes home all hot and bothered, I don't appreciate him turning my house upside down because he's being a dick and we've had our verbal spats before and fighting with pens like making reports and emailing hostiley stuff and then biting at each other's necks during debate so this term (it's been a year since I attended, I ama 3rd year and took a break last yr) I am much more mellow for some reason and he notices I guess and is taking advantage. :noway:
Reply 74

awwww that sounds so bad :console:
Original post by ubisoft
Best revenge is getting the best grade in the class. I had a teacher who always picked on me (don't know if it was racism or not). She refused to help me, answer my questions properly etc. Her face was priceless when I got A* :lol:

exactly.
Reply 76
exactly.

Bruh she was congratulating everyone (people who got Bs) like "Oh well done!" but didn't even make eye contact with me :rofl:
He tries to exert power over her by going to the head to get her to do work for him, and then he approaches her while she's getting in her car (idk about you but massive threat to me) and grills her about me. She comes home all hot and bothered, I don't appreciate him turning my house upside down because he's being a dick and we've had our verbal spats before and fighting with pens like making reports and emailing hostiley stuff and then biting at each other's necks during debate so this term (it's been a year since I attended, I ama 3rd year and took a break last yr) I am much more mellow for some reason and he notices I guess and is taking advantage. :noway:

Are you serious? What uni you at that this is going on :nope: (PM me if you like)

Your mum should be reporting him for workplace bullying not just you!
Original post by ubisoft
Bruh she was congratulating everyone (people who got Bs) like "Oh well done!" but didn't even make eye contact with me :rofl:

I've dealt with that, people are a goddamn mess :noway:

Are you serious? What uni you at that this is going on :nope: (PM me if you like)

Your mum should be reporting him for workplace bullying not just you!

she is very lenient, tired with aging I guess :dontknow: been there for 25 yrs and has now kinda accepted workplace tormenting. Like she's liplash anyone but won't really fight for justice.
I've dealt with that, people are a goddamn mess :noway:

she is very lenient, tired with aging I guess :dontknow: been there for 25 yrs and has now kinda accepted workplace tormenting. Like she's liplash anyone but won't really fight for justice.

Wtf tell her to record this on her phone and take it to the boss or tell her family to tell her :nope: its not on

Quick Reply

Latest