The Student Room Group

Surprise surprise, its happened again.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Start the Fire
They've been doing this for years, they get encouraged and supported to do it by some bought politicians and policemen, its part of the ongoing war to destroy the British people and create racial tensions.

Ooooo. Dun dun duuuun. Illuminati confirmed. Half life 3 confirmed. Srs dude, where's your tin foil hat?
Original post by Howard
I agree up to a point. I wouldn't necessarily want to live in a 100% WASP society but there's no avoiding the obvious; that some cultures are so alien to the norms in the west that they may as well be from Mars.

In non PC terms: I don't mind the odd nig-nog or Indians running the local 7:11 but I don't want to be surrounded by them.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't just a 'non-PC' thing to say, in fact it epitomised ******* talk. But really dude, 'nig nog'? :lolwut:
Original post by KingBradly
I don't think the did it because they are Asian. I think many Muslims do view white, promiscuous British women as almost sub-human, though.

I've never come across this view among the bangladeshi and pakistani in Swansea, but maybe in places like London where there are huge communities of Pakistanis where whites are hardly seen it's different. In fact, that's a probably, not a maybe.
I think it's laughable for people to even say there's a british race. I'm youre you mean english. You're forgetting your borders, anglos. Most of britain is either goidelic celt or brythonic celt. You might be ethnically brythonic by majority, but you were culturally assimilated by the germanic invaders, shhh.
disgusting...but when you're from a culture where multiple wives is the norm I guess gang-rape seems logical.
Original post by Danz123
It's not so much finding a critique in multiculturalism as a state policy, but the brash remarks made at the expense of ethnic minorities whenever a topic like this comes up. I believe having different cultures and diversity does enrich society, however having certain values such as a belief in democracy and equality etc. are things all British citizens should take in and feel proud of. Having different cultures doesn't automatically mean groups will be isolated from each other, and people from ethnic minority backgrounds should be allowed to express themselves and their culture without fear of a backlash.

Regardless, I did say 'hate multiculturalism' rather than having reservations about it. Such hate seems to stem from xenophobia really, this weird fear that British values are being eroded and 'the white man is in trouble' ooooo *spooky*.

It cannot be avoided that in recent years a very high proportion of similar cases have involved perpetrators from indian-subcontinental cultures.

Original post by AlwaysWatching
I've seen them. I dont necessarily agree, but I've seen them. However, it is not wrong to point out that some cultures treat women, particularly young girls disrespectfully and exploitatively. As we have seen here with the sexual exploitation of a young girl. We must ask ourselves, what makes rapist rape? The answer is usually aggression, alcohol or culture. The former two dont apply in this case, the last one does because of the numbers involved and their background.

I agree with you, except for the fact that there's a decent chance the men involved were secular enough to drink alcohol, considering that the other, similar cases where the rapists where from the indian subcontinent have shown the same thing, as well as involvement with drugs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Howard
I agree up to a point. I wouldn't necessarily want to live in a 100% WASP society but there's no avoiding the obvious; that some cultures are so alien to the norms in the west that they may as well be from Mars.

In non PC terms: I don't mind the odd nig-nog or Indians running the local 7:11 but I don't want to be surrounded by them.

Howard went in here. :headfire:
Being in touch with my culture, I don't remember being told rape is acceptable. What are you guys on about :s-smilie:
Original post by Danny the Geezer
disgusting...but when you're from a culture where multiple wives is the norm I guess gang-rape seems logical.

Polygamy isn't the norm in pakistan. The religion and state allow it, but its a cultural oddity, much like how temporary marriage in Iraq is generally shunned. Arranged, forced marriage is pretty common in pakistan, though. Especially to cousins. Yuck.
With a significant proportion of those found guilty nationally of group CSE being from a Pakistani and/or Muslim heritage, relevant government departments should research why this is the case, in order to guide prevention strategies.

Serious Case Review into Child Sexual Exploitation in Oxfordshire: from the experiences of Children A, B, C, D, E, and

Though it would be relevant. Even case reviews mention the similarities of the demographic of the perpetrators

Spoiler

From the same review.

Original post by Lord Samosa
Being in touch with my culture, I don't remember being told rape is acceptable. What are you guys on about :s-smilie:

It wouldn't need to be as direct as rape is acceptable, themes of sexism and racism would be enough (both have a clear relation to explotation of related groups which includes sexual exploitation). Any demographic based discrimination would be enough to cause the issue really.
(edited 8 years ago)
Groups of men have been grooming and raping vulnerable girls since before we were born, and will continue to do so after we die, unfortunateley it is a fact of life. Some are black some are white some are Asian, and there's very little anyone can do to stop it. We will never be able to clear up the social issues that causes these girls to accept and in some cases seek these damaging relationships (before anyone leaps down my throats yes it does happen especially with girls in care, and that doesn't make what these men do OK. Even if they seek it out it is not their fault they are treated like that, men should know better). And we cannot stop men raping. Ibe seen it happen to a friend's daughter and I've no idea what could have been done to prevent it, especially when she refused to accept help. Fortunately this girl reached out, which will stop these men doing it to others. I'm sure others will just take their place though
It's all very depressing.
Original post by redferry
Groups of men have been grooming and raping vulnerable girls since before we were born, and will continue to do so after we die, unfortunateley it is a fact of life. Some are black some are white some are Asian, and there's very little anyone can do to stop it. We will never be able to clear up the social issues that causes these girls to accept and in some cases seek these damaging relationships (before anyone leaps down my throats yes it does happen especially with girls in care, and that doesn't make what these men do OK. Even if they seek it out it is not their fault they are treated like that, men should know better). And we cannot stop men raping. Ibe seen it happen to a friend's daughter and I've no idea what could have been done to prevent it, especially when she refused to accept help. Fortunately this girl reached out, which will stop these men doing it to others. I'm sure others will just take their place though
It's all very depressing.

Look, I'm sorry, but as a member of the muslim community I have to say that a large proportion of these crimes recently have been perpetrated by groups of people from majority muslim cultural backgrounds, mainly pakistani - although not showing any particular regard for the rules of their religion. This isn't a religious problem, it's a cultural one - and while acknowledging that the majority of Pakistanis in the uk don't look down on women to the extent that these men do, there -must- be an underlying common factor that produces this criminal behaviour.
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
I've never come across this view among the bangladeshi and pakistani in Swansea, but maybe in places like London where there are huge communities of Pakistanis where whites are hardly seen it's different. In fact, that's a probably, not a maybe.

To be honest living in London and growing up in Birmingham this whole 'places where white people are hardly seen' really is a myth. I mean even really non white areas tend to have a bunch of either Irish or Italians still living there from before the immigration patterns changed. And people have to leave their community to work most of the time on top of that.

I think guys like these generally come from crappy families where their parents don't really care about them. They drink and do drugs and are generally just not very nice people. They're 'muslim' but they aren't really Muslim, if you know what I mean? However the authorities and support services have and certainly historically had a lot less access to them so they grow up really ****ed up, with a terrible attitude towards women, because maybe thats what they're used to at home.
Look, I'm sorry, but as a member of the muslim community I have to say that a large proportion of these crimes recently have been perpetrated by groups of people from majority muslim cultural backgrounds, mainly pakistani - although not showing any particular regard for the rules of their religion. This isn't a religious problem, it's a cultural one - and while acknowledging that the majority of Pakistanis in the uk don't look down on women to the extent that these men do, there -must- be an underlying common factor that produces this criminal behaviour.

Yeah my mum (a social worker) said it tends to come in cycles though, with different groups being the main perpetrators at various times. She said it used to be pakistani, then for a while it was white people, then Africans, now it's come back round.

I think there is a culture outside Britain of seeing British women as easy though - even in the states and the rest of Europe.

I just can't see it stopping. I can't see what anyone can do about it. When it's notngamgs of pakistani men it's lone white males taking advantage of these poor kids.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by redferry
To be honest living in London and growing up in Birmingham this whole 'places where white people are hardly seen' really is a myth. I mean even really non white areas tend to have a bunch of either Irish or Italians still living there from before the immigration patterns changed. And people have to leave their community to work most of the time on top of that.

I think guys like these generally come from crappy families where their parents don't really care about them. They drink and do drugs and are generally just not very nice people. They're 'muslim' but they aren't really Muslim, if you know what I mean? However the authorities and support services have and certainly historically had a lot less access to them so they grow up really ****ed up, with a terrible attitude towards women, because maybe thats what they're used to at home.

Maybe it's just because they're from ghettoised cultures and that's it, with no relation to their pakistani heritages.
Original post by Danz123
If 15 white guys raped a white girl, noone would say culture is the problem. Noone would say 'Christianity' is the problem.

Maybe because white culture doesn't allow the rape of children?
I
Original post by Danz123
Oh for sure, and I'm not saying how these guys were brought up and the cultural influences they had aren't a factor. I just didn't like the blatant xenophobia is all. Plus, 'don't necessarily agree'? In your previous post you very much stressed the difference between race, religion and culture. 'Don't necessarily agree' doesn't sound much like "I completely disagree" tbh, which judging by your last post, you should be.

I meant "dont necessarily agree" as in I agree with some posters sentiments here that some cultures are vile, which is a crucial flaw in multiculturalism. But I disagree with the racist and xenophobic sentiments expressed - they are just as vile.
Rolf harris over dosed on chocolate today in prison.
It cannot be avoided that in recent years a very high proportion of similar cases have involved perpetrators from indian-subcontinental cultures.

I agree with you, except for the fact that there's a decent chance the men involved were secular enough to drink alcohol, considering that the other, similar cases where the rapists where from the indian subcontinent have shown the same thing, as well as involvement with drugs.

it could be a factor or all three points?
Shocking :/
Original post by Danny the Geezer

I'm not so sure polygamy is the cause

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending