The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neuronerd
It's true! They have emailed us all :smile:

(also it is 1 point down on last years 61/66)

Okay so I'm like 59.4 will it be rounded up :frown:
Oooops
Original post by Muddy2987
Sorry to hear! Where did you find out the cut off for George's from?

I emailed them i have no idea what to do now though. I wanted it so much
Original post by Rebeelouise
Oooops

IIRC I was told that the unweighted score is rounded up.
Original post by Natha_Lite
IIRC I was told that the unweighted score is rounded up.

Amazing! Hope you're right! Thankyou!
Good luck with your application!
Original post by Charlottemc1234
I emailed them i have no idea what to do now though. I wanted it so much

Hi Charlotte,

I am really sorry to hear that - are you positive it was George's not Nottingham? Are you able to share the e mail?

Did you apply to Swansea as I am almost sure with 58 you would get an interview there? I have two friends who got in on that score there last year!
Amazing! Hope you're right! Thankyou!
Good luck with your application!

Thanks! :smile:
I hope the scoring swings your way!
Oooops

I'm not sure as technically rounding would go down for .4 why not look through last years nottingham A101 thread and see if anyone mentions it?
I'm not sure as technically rounding would go down for .4 why not look through last years nottingham A101 thread and see if anyone mentions it?

I've read that it does get rounded up... Even if it's below 0.5 of a mark! But I wanted to check. Cause obviously the nerves could be making me imagine things :tongue:
Tbh, the right thing will happen! First attempt at GAMSAT and I'd be blessed to get an interview from it!
We will see.

Have you taken into account the two different methods nottingham use? What were your individual scores? As well as the standard scoring they also take your three scores and divide by 3, then they take whichever is higher! It's on their website!
Original post by zara905
Have you taken into account the two different methods nottingham use? What were your individual scores? As well as the standard scoring they also take your three scores and divide by 3, then they take whichever is higher! It's on their website!

You tagged the wrong person. This should be aimed @Rebeelouise
Original post by zara905

Well, I'll just hope! Liverpool and Swansea should be okay at least! I'm also a current Liverpool student so hopefully that goes my way!!
I've read that it does get rounded up... Even if it's below 0.5 of a mark! But I wanted to check. Cause obviously the nerves could be making me imagine things :tongue:
Tbh, the right thing will happen! First attempt at GAMSAT and I'd be blessed to get an interview from it!
We will see.

GAMSAT website just says "rounded" with reference to how they calculate your weighted score (i.e. doesn't say upwards, which would make me think usual rounding rules apply).

Notts' website sets out how they calculate your score (i.e. the 'better of' method - see here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/faq/a101faq.aspx) but doesn't specify what sort of rounding they do.

Anyone else got any insights...?
Original post by kantayya
GAMSAT website just says "rounded" with reference to how they calculate your weighted score (i.e. doesn't say upwards, which would make me think usual rounding rules apply).

Notts' website sets out how they calculate your score (i.e. the 'better of' method - see here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/faq/a101faq.aspx) but doesn't specify what sort of rounding they do.

Anyone else got any insights...?

I guess we will find out in the next week, if I get a rejection 😂
Original post by zara905
Hi Charlotte,

I am really sorry to hear that - are you positive it was George's not Nottingham? Are you able to share the e mail?

Did you apply to Swansea as I am almost sure with 58 you would get an interview there? I have two friends who got in on that score there last year!

Unfortunately I didn't apply to Swansea, I wish I had now. It was Nottingham not Georges though I got mixed up! Has anyone heard from Georges yet?
I guess we will find out in the next week, if I get a rejection 😂

Fingers crossed for you, it would absolutely suck to miss out due to rounding.
Does anyone know the ukcat cut off for Newcastle?
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Does anyone know the ukcat cut off for Newcastle?

Nah they haven't started sending interviews out for a101 yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles

Nah they haven't started sending interviews out for a101 yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay fair enough I'm hoping it's pretty low but I doubt it. Do they take SJT into account? I got band 1 so it'd be nice if they did!
Has anyone applied to any A100 courses too? I've applied to Keele but heard nothing yet
@Charlottemc1234

It was about 720 last year and they have said this year they don't take SJ into account. It'll probably be about the same this year too given the averages are just slightly higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending