The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

January 2016 Scholarships

Hey guys!

Has anyone else applied for the UoW January 2016 international scholarship?? I know it's not too long after the deadline but the wait is killing me already!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have also applied to the Westminster International Scholarship 2016 January. I got only an acknowledgement mail. I was expecting shortlisting last week but, haven't got any communication.
I am told by the university reps here in India that it may declare result in the first week of Nov or around the second last week of Nov.
But I saw a forum in which one student said he got unfavourable decision within 14 days.
So, expect a communication from them within a week. I am hopeful and full of confidence.
I believe.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi

I m from India. I have applied to the Westminster International Scholarship 2016 January. Its been half a month after the deadline and no communication except acknowledgement of application received has come to my inbox.
I was expecting a shortlisting last week. Has anybody got any favourable/unfavourable decision as such?
I saw a mail exchange in this forum for the 2013 that one got a unfavourable communication after 14 days.
Anyways, hope for the best and believe, that's what I do.
Keep us posted when you have a contact. I will do the same.
Thanks
Reply 3
Hey psrajeev! Yeah I haven't heard anything except that they received my application, I sent an email asking around when would we hear results but I haven't gotten a response :/. The wait is such a pain!
Hi all,

I know it's difficult waiting for a decision.

The scholarships team are working there way through all the applications and hope to inform applicants towards the end of next week.

Fingers crossed and good luck!!

Patrick :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi all,

I know it's difficult waiting for a decision.

The scholarships team are working there way through all the applications and hope to inform applicants towards the end of next week.

Fingers crossed and good luck!!

Thanks Patrick! Is there any way we can find out if we've been shortlisted?
No, as we receive so many applications the scholarships team advise of the final decision only.

Patrick
Reply 7
Patrick,

Are you in touch with the scholarships committee? How many application came this year ?
Reply 8
Original post by bridgetcasey
Hey psrajeev! Yeah I haven't heard anything except that they received my application, I sent an email asking around when would we hear results but I haven't gotten a response :/. The wait is such a pain!

Hi Bridget, which course are you going to study? Did you apply for the full or full fee scholarship?
Reply 9
I'd be doing the modern and contemporary fictions MA, if I get the scholarship that is, I applied for the full one, I can't afford it otherwise. You?
I'd be doing the modern and contemporary fictions MA, if I get the scholarship that is, I applied for the full one, I can't afford it otherwise. You?

International relations. I too bidding for full, otherwise i can't afford London. Hope it would turn around good.
I am from India. Hope to see you at Westminster in January.
Original post by psrajeev
Patrick,

Are you in touch with the scholarships committee? How many application came this year ?

I don't know the number of total applications for January scholarships.

Not long to wait now, good luck!

Thank you Patrick for the reply.
I assume it's too early to answer that question as you guys are evaluating our applications. Thanks again for reassuring that we don't have to wait for long. I am hoping for the best as this is my only chance to do my post graduation in UK and my loan application is in a dilemma now....
Thank you Patrick for the assurance and May God be with you and fill your life with his blessings in abundance.
International relations. I too bidding for full, otherwise i can't afford London. Hope it would turn around good.
I am from India. Hope to see you at Westminster in January.

We'll see each other in January! Let's keep thinking positive.

Thanks Patrick! It's great to have some news and not just be wondering around in the dark.
We'll see each other in January! Let's keep thinking positive.

Yes, sure Bridget... we will see each other.
Post any updates regarding the result. Thank you
Yes, sure Bridget... we will see each other.
Post any updates regarding the result. Thank you

The wait is a nightmare!

Hello Patrick,

Has the university come to a final list? Is there any chance to get it by/ before this Friday (13 th)?

Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
All applicants should be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application by the end of today.

Good luck!!

All applicants should be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application by the end of today.

Good luck!!

Thank you Patrick for the info. I am waiting for that great news.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending